It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 1875 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 75  Next
 Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Q&A [ALL QUESTIONS HERE] 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

King Mickey wrote:
How do I teach Leaf Blade to my Gallade? Psypokes says that it learns it at lvl. 1, but when I get an egg it hatches into a Ralts and it doesn't have Leaf Blade. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Go to the Move Tutor in Pastoria City. He'll make it remember the move.

3DS FC: Snail 4527-8592-7979

Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:06 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Thank you.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:54 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

If I had a shiny Ditto and made it use Transform (what else) would it look like the shiny form of the pokemon that I used Transform on?

Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:34 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

No, the exact form of the opponent pokemon would be copied. The Ditto's shiny status doesn't carry over when using Transform.

Persistence ends resistence.

3DS FC: 5069-4148-2325 (please PM to exchange)
Poison Friend Safari: Seviper, Ariados, and Whirlipede.

Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:57 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

for the move embargo. Can you switch out after you use it and have it still in effect? Or does the effect go away?

Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:41 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

My question is a little something like this: if I'm training a low level pokemon by having it hold an exp. share, and then having a far higher level pokemon fight the Elite 4 and gain experience for the low level one via the exp. share - will the low level pokemon attain the same quality stats increase with each level up as it would have it were fighting and winning battles itself (aka, w/o the exp. share)?

Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:55 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

When I go to Lake Aquity to meet Team Galactic (I have already beaten the Snowpoint gym), there's no one there. Anything I still have to do? Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: Alright, disregard this question. Realized that I didn't go to the Canalave library after beating Byron. Problem solved.

Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:00 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Shadows of Paradox: Both pokemon will gain the same amount/type of EVs.

Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:53 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

VictorZ wrote:
for the move embargo. Can you switch out after you use it and have it still in effect? Or does the effect go away?

The effect will last on the Pokemon affected by Embargo until it switches out, not you.

Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:26 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

VictorZ wrote:
Uhhhm, Just a quick question, do you need to beat the elite 4 before you are eligible to get the national dex and access palpark? Or can you get the national dex and access the palpark as soon as you've seen the 150 pokemon?

I think you do need to beat the Elite 4 in order to see the 150 Pokemon. Unless I'm mistaken, you can't see the picture of Dialga/Palkia (whichever you didn't get) until you beat them... I think....

Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:46 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Here's another question:

On January 11, 2008, Psypokes posted a news article stating that the next day (the 12th) was the birthday of one of the people behind Pokemon and that on that day, you could find a surprise in Snowpoint City. Now, being less devoted to Pokemon than I am to other games, I didn't even know about any of this until after it was already over. My question to anyone who did participate is this: Was there something important that happened there on that day? If so, what? Information please!

Edit:
Kurushel wrote:
Junichi Masuda, the director of Game Freak, is the person you speak of. The snowfall in Snowpoint City was changed to the rare Diamond Dust weather effect on the 12th in honor of his birthday. Nothing big. Just a minor cosmetic change.

Oh, OK. Thank you very much. I was afraid that it might be something a lot bigger, like an event where you got an item that leads to an event-only Pokemon.... :D

Last edited by HaIPwndMe on Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:53 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Junichi Masuda, the director of Game Freak, is the person you speak of. The snowfall in Snowpoint City was changed to the rare Diamond Dust weather effect on the 12th in honor of his birthday. Nothing big. Just a minor cosmetic change.

Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:58 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hi all, I'm new here, so... hi!

I have a question about this weird fish named Feebas.

Yesterday I was so lucky to catch one at lvl 15. After letting it breed with Ditto I had an egg with... Feebas on lvl 1. I read he could only evolve when he had more than 170 Beauty. So I fed him all Beauty raising (dry) Poffins I had... I made him level up... nothing happened! So I decided to read the Feebas guide, but that one was for the Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire version. So, has the way to evolve Feebas changed? Because there are no PokeBlocks but poffins now. :( Now he's on his maximum of Beauty, but no Milotic. And I want it sooooo badly. :shock:

Can anyone help this NewB?

Mister D 8-)

If this English is bad: I'm Dutch...

Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:14 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Mr. Diamond: You need to use high-level Poffins. By "his maximum of beauty", do you mean your Feebas won't eat any more? If so, unfortunately, you'll need to get a new Feebas. I believe ones with a +Special Attack nature will be easier to evolve into Milotic (Modest, Mild, Quiet, Rash). If/when you get a Feebas with that nature, try using high-level Poffins (I haven't bothered with them for a while but some berries will yield Poffins with a level of 25-ish, those are the ones you want to use) until it won't eat any more and then try leveling it up.

I would save before feeding it all the Poffins too, so if it doesn't work you wouldn't have just wasted all those Poffins.

If you can't evolve it and have Wifi access, you could always try the GTS. It's a bit of a challenge to ask for one on there, because most of the offers will be ridiculous (i.e. Starly for Mew level 9 and under).

By the way, welcome. Your English is fine. :)

Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:55 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

say a pokemon forgets an egg move. can it relearn it by the move rememberer?

<font size="5">Kabutops's Shinies:</font><br><br>{charmander} Hardy-Male-Level 1-Untouched<br>{oddish} Adamant-Male-Level 44<br>{magcargo} Female-Adamant-Level 39<br>{drifloon} Male-Lonely-Level 22-Untouched<br>{groudon} Naive-Level 45-Untouched

Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:36 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

No. Once your pokemon forgets an egg move, it's gone.

Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:42 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Gardevoir~ wrote:
By "his maximum of beauty", do you mean your Feebas won't eat any more? If so, unfortunately, you'll need to get a new Feebas.

Oh man... Well, breeding with Ditto. :D

Quote:
I believe ones with a +Special Attack nature will be easier to evolve into Milotic (Modest, Mild, Quiet, Rash). If/when you get a Feebas with that nature, try using high-level Poffins (I haven't bothered with them for a while but some berries will yield Poffins with a level of 25-ish, those are the ones you want to use) until it won't eat any more and then try leveling it up.

Thanks, I think I'll check the Poffin Guide on how to make Poffins that high level. (because I have no idea :frustrated: )

Quote:
I would save before feeding it all the Poffins too, so if it doesn't work you wouldn't have just wasted all those Poffins.

Argh, here I go again, cooking Poffins all day. :lol: :oops:

Quote:
By the way, welcome. Your English is fine. :)

Ah, thanks. :)

Mister D 8-)

Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:35 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I have a question about future sight...

While trying to capture Uxie using my Honchkrow (Dark type + Insomnia = useless uxie :) hehe) it used future sight on me, and when the attack came it actually did damage... :?

Is the actual future sight attack psychic, yet the damage normal (when you recieve it) or is this a bug or something?

---

Edit - Thanks for the answers ^_^

Last edited by Loo on Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:02 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Future Sight is one of those attacks that overrides immunity, weakness, and resistance and will hit even Dark-types under normal circumstances.
There is one other move I know of that does this (I believe there are more, however), and that is Struggle, which hits for neutral damage on every type, even Ghosts.

- DNA

Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:28 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

The other one, i believe is Doom Desire, but i'm not sure as i have never used it...

Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:34 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

is there an actuall "Quick" way to get a shiney starter cuz i would love to have one but i hear you have to start over like 8000 times and i hate starting over i just did because im really not into water type starters unless its totodile but i just want a shiney chimchar but i dont wanna start over its easier wit a pokemon like rayquaza like my black one i have and my cousin was lucky to get a shiney Eevee but how can i get a shiney chimchar in less time

Image this is me

Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:50 am
Profile YIM
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

no there is not a fast way to get shiny starters and there is no fast way to get shinies at that and if you tried 8000 times you would have to be like an idiot because no one wants to start over again 8000 times just to get a shiny starter you might as well just stick with the normal starter because i dont know whats wrong with it.

:wink: I take it you don't like punctuation...?

Man...Swampert20 is talented... ^^ Look at that!

Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:55 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

You can't. That's the only way. Unless of course you have an AR and don't mind having hacked pokes. If you do hack one, though, you should only use it in-game; you are not allowed to use hacked pokemon competitively.

Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:56 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

well then ill have a normal starter...

Quote:
no there is not a fast way to get shiny starters and there is no fast way to get shinies at that and if you tried 8000 times you would have to be like an idiot because no one wants to start over again 8000 times just to get a shiny starter you might as well just stick with the normal starter because i dont know whats wrong with it.

I take it you don't like punctuation...?

and i do need to use some punctuation sometimes!

Image this is me

Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:13 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

soulmaster wrote:

Well, some people do value a shiny starter enough to reset 8000 times for it. As the only other way is breeding, which takes longer per pokemon tried so you can hatch it, if you really want the shiny go ahead and try. Just be prepared to have a lot of patience, because it will take quite a while...

soulmaster wrote:
:wink: I take it you don't like punctuation...?

no offense, but I loled at your run-on sentence ^ 8-)

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1875 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 75  Next