It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Masuda Method 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

The Masuda Method makes it easier to breed shinies! Just take a foreign pokemon and your country's pokemon, put them in the daycare, and the babies have a 1/2048 chance of being shiny. I couldn't beleive there wasn't a thread on this.

Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:02 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Could you post your source here?

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:24 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Oh, this. I found out about that a few days ago, from Pokébeach.

Pokébeach wrote:

Breeding with a foreign Pokemon gives the babies a higher chance of being shiny. (21.0%, 1,071 Votes) - This is dubbed the "Masuda Method" by the fandom, since Junichi Masuda, the director of the games, was the first to reveal it. If you breed your Pokemon with a Pokemon from a foreign language game, the babies have a 25% higher chance of being shiny than if the parents were normal (this doesn't mean 1/4 of the Pokemon will be shiny, it means 1/2048 of the babies can be shiny instead of the normal 1/8192).

Still, 1 in 2048 is too low for me to care about.

3DS FC: Snail 4527-8592-7979

Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:39 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

It's on serebii and smogon, i think marriland and pokecharms. Someone recorded a video of hatching a shiny shuckle after 12 eggs.

Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:09 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Cactuar wrote:
Someone recorded a video of hatching a shiny shuckle after 12 eggs.

For a method that actually makes a difference, check out smogon's lovely guide on how to abuse DPP's RNG

Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:15 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Frankly, I'm surprised that no one here mentioned this after Mr. Masuda made that post on his blog waaaaaaaaaaay back when.

Persistence ends resistence.

3DS FC: 5069-4148-2325 (please PM to exchange)
Poison Friend Safari: Seviper, Ariados, and Whirlipede.

Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:25 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

the smogon method requires a random shiny, though.

Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:47 pm
PROBATION
PROBATION

Ahh, that explains my friend's shiny feebas after 24 eggs. he has a japanese feebas

{darkrai} -Palindrome- {darkrai}

Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:30 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hmmm, so, in theory, you should be able to get any pokemon(breedable) in shiny if you had a foreign ditto?

Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:51 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Yeah the foreign Ditto thing works. Apparently. Also there is a hint to suggest this on Pokemon GTS.

This just doesn't work for me damn it. I hatched over thirty Squirtles and Bulbasaurs, I had to trade to get my shiny Squirtle.

Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:40 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

So far my only success with the masuda method is a shiny carnivine which I got on the 387th egg. I just don't have the patience for these things :P but hey, i got a fancy shiny carnivine, so *happy dance* :D

Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:44 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Does anyone know if the Magikarp you can trade for works for this? It's the German one, and I know technically it's foreign, but I'm just curious if it still counts because you get in in your own language game.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:17 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

from what I've read the meister's magikarp does not work because it is generated in your game. so it counts as the same language.

Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:22 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Im trying this now for Turtwig, Ive got a Torterra and a japanese Ditto, Ive hatched like 30 eggs , but no shiny yet, Ive got a box full of Turtwig its kond of a waste, but like me If you really like shinies its worth it its easier than chaining for shinies.

Current Shiny Projects: {tepig} {eevee} {foongus}

Sat May 01, 2010 10:48 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

AlphaArceus wrote:
Im trying this now for Turtwig, Ive got a Torterra and a japanese Ditto, Ive hatched like 30 eggs , but no shiny yet, Ive got a box full of Turtwig its kond of a waste, but like me If you really like shinies its worth it its easier than chaining for shinies.

Yeah, it's much easier to be honest but the chances are still fairly high. I breed for Natures, moves and IV's so i just always use the foreign ditto (when not move-breeding). But yeah, after 404 eggs in total i've not hatched any shiny Pokemon but i might as well just sit and wait whilst doing something productive. Shiny pokemon are only for looks so i'm not particulary bothered about them.

{darkrai}

Last edited by WirelessBrain on Mon May 03, 2010 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 02, 2010 4:05 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
I don't use this method, not after going hatching a whole box of {happiny} with no luck what so ever...I rather just wait for a random shiny & use RNG...it's easier as far as breeding goes...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sun May 02, 2010 1:59 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

PkmnMaster01 wrote:
This just doesn't work for me damn it. I hatched over thirty Squirtles and Bulbasaurs, I had to trade to get my shiny Squirtle.

Cactuar wrote:
Just take a foreign pokemon and your country's pokemon, put them in the daycare, and the babies have a 1/2048 chance of being shiny.

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Sun May 02, 2010 2:19 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
I don't use this method, not after going hatching a whole box of {happiny} with no luck what so ever...I rather just wait for a random shiny & use RNG...it's easier as far as breeding goes...

This 'RNG' method, ive looked at quite a few guides and it looks fairly complicated...

im just sticking to the masuda method because from what i gathered, a chained shiny is needed..which sucks since i'm just as useless at that.

{darkrai}

Mon May 03, 2010 4:47 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Can anyone tell me if the RNG method only works on Platinum, or on Diamond and Pearl aswell?

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Mon May 03, 2010 2:55 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Ryanh181 wrote:
Can anyone tell me if the RNG method only works on Platinum, or on Diamond and Pearl aswell?

Well Ryanh181, you'll be happy to know that not only does it work in DPPt but HGSS only, at least the Shiny Egg RNG Abuse does for sure...that means it works in every Gen 4 game that's out now...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Mon May 03, 2010 10:51 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
Ryanh181 wrote:

Well Ryanh181, you'll be happy to know that not only does it work in DPPt but HGSS only, at least the Shiny Egg RNG Abuse does for sure...that means it works in every Gen 4 game that's out now...

Um, if possible, could you Post or PM a link to a 'simple' guide to RNG? It sounds worth a try...My game is Pearl if that helps...

Tue May 04, 2010 8:34 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

The RNG method seems pretty easy, but for some reasong my Reporter isn't working. Anyone else here use the RNG method? I need help.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Tue May 04, 2010 4:10 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Ryanh181 wrote:
The RNG method seems pretty easy, but for some reasong my Reporter isn't working. Anyone else here use the RNG method? I need help.

Do you mean it won't start up the program or do you mean the program isn't producing the right results?...

Wed May 05, 2010 2:11 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I have got a theory, say you have a japanese D/P/Pt game, and you traded japanese pokemon from that to your english game, it would work the same way, it would be pretty easy to get foreign language pokemon and you wouldnt have to do ridiculous trades on the GTS. so those that got the foregin game can have more

Current Shiny Projects: {tepig} {eevee} {foongus}

Sat May 08, 2010 10:32 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

AlphaArceus wrote:
I have got a theory, say you have a japanese D/P/Pt game, and you traded japanese pokemon from that to your english game, it would work the same way, it would be pretty easy to get foreign language pokemon and you wouldnt have to do ridiculous trades on the GTS. so those that got the foreign game can have more

Wouldn't it make more sense to do a 'silly trade' on GTS than fork out money on a japanese game? but yeah, i see where you're coming from if you're directing that on people who have the games already but i think it's such a shame that the masuda method's chances are still fairly high...

{darkrai}

Last edited by WirelessBrain on Mon May 10, 2010 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 08, 2010 3:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next