It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:27 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Contests 
Lite Four
Lite Four

Not only are they lamer than RSE's contests (and that's pretty lame), they are impossible to win without cheating. If I don't win this stupid thing soon, I'm going to hack something that will. I maxed out my Pikachu's coolness with Pokeblocks, gave him a red scarf, won all 4 "ranks" of cool in Ruby version, and migrated him over. You'd think a Pikachu like that would dominate Sinnoh's Super Contests? Hell to the no. The contests are always always ALWAYS rigged in favor of that dumbass Kangaskhan. It wins every single time. If for some rare reason it doesn't show up, "Zippy" the Buizel or "Chimmy" the Chimchar or "Boo" the Gastly WILL win.

I don't understand what the hell I'm doing wrong. I match my Pikachu with the theme, he has maxed out coolness, AND HE'S HOLDING A RED SCARF. WHY is he not winning? He gets like, 4 hearts at the most, when Kangas gets 10+. It's so goddamn annoying, difficult, boring, and lame. There's a lot of hax in Battle Tower, but it's no where near as hax as Contests. It's worse than Pokemon Stadium's AI!

Any tips? Or has anyone here actually beat this impossible thing without cheating?

Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:18 am
Profile WWW
i have beaten all the cool and smart contests with my sceptile (sceptile with only half way full smartness)and everythign else i have the step down from master without any pokeblocks in those areas i think you just have rotton luck

Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:26 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I agree. The RSE contests were actually fair. I imported my contest winners, Skarmory and Milotic, and it took at least 20 tries to win the Master Beauty with Milotic, and I'm still trying to win with Skarmory <_<
Especially in masters, where Fantina uses her Drifblim that does absolutely nothing, kills your combos, while the other Pokes can perform their combos without any trouble.
You'd think that the three opponents would be working together to stop you <_<

Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:51 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

its either the contest are vrery hard or the game cheats

Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:50 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

My Umbreon has beaten the cool contest on level normal great and ultra but thats as far as i can get

Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:52 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah, DP contests don't make any sense. I mean, the appeal I can do fine with (maxed out & scarf!), but the dance round is completely dumb. I mean, it's like the other contestants hack their Pokémon so they get an Excellent dance follow every single time. Then your Pokémon tries to follow the moves. You make the right steps, but the game almost always says "MISS!". In fact, someone should send a complaint to Pokemon.com. If only I could access the website without a HTTP 404 Not Found Error.You know, Super Contests were so crappy with the new Dance round, that I stopped playing contests unless I have a maxed out appeal. Sure, I always seem to win in the appeals, but on the judging, the red part of the bar (for the Dance round) has nothing in it almost each time. The moves showing round is okay, but the Pokémon Company have to remove that dreadful part.

3DS FC: Snail 4527-8592-7979

Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:33 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I used my Milotic for Beauty and I am up to the Master Rank. Now I need to max out its beauty and get a scarf.

However, I agree with Hyperbole. The dance round is lame and messed up. You have to have Spider-man's percision to get a decent score in it. Other than that I do not find any other problems with the contests.

Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:03 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Whaat are his attack moves ?? Maybe that's the problem ...

Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:42 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

The dance portion isn't difficult at all. It's one thing if the game is flawed. It's another if you have no sense of rhythm.

Persistence ends resistence.

3DS FC: 5069-4148-2325 (please PM to exchange)
Poison Friend Safari: Seviper, Ariados, and Whirlipede.

Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:30 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

The dance portion isn't difficult at all. It's one thing if the game is flawed. It's another if you have no sense of rhythm.

But it's almost impossible to time it correctly. It's like you have to get the timing in a 1 second range for a score other than "MISS".I'd say you might need a stopwatch for correct timing (add a bookmark each time the Pokémon moves, and when it's your go, the stopwatch beeps at a bookmark. It's probably hard to understand...).

3DS FC: Snail 4527-8592-7979

Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:12 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: I'm stuck somewhere... Not quite sure where that is though.
I beat the Master Rank in Beauty with my Scizor. It took many tries. I couldn't do good in the dressing up part. I finally lucked out and did good on one.

Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:25 pm
Profile YIM
Lite Four
Lite Four

Whaat are his attack moves ?? Maybe that's the problem ...

It's not. Most times, I can completely dominate the last round, but thanks to the hax in the appearance round, I lose everytime. Oh, and the dancing thing never helps either, because THAT is hard too. Anyway, here's his moveset:

Iron Tail (Earns +2 if peformed last).
Thunderbolt (Earns +2 if performed first).
Double Team (Enables the user to perform first in the next turn).
Thundershock (A basic performance, +3 everytime it's performed).

You might be able to see my strategy here, and it usually DOES help me win second or third place sometimes. But the visual part of the contests is just...rigged. :/

Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:57 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: I'm not telling you! Why do you want to know anyways?...Are you a stalker?!
I have to agree with the majority of you, the new Super Contests SUCK. I hate them now, especially the stupid dance round. How does a Steelix dance?! The appeals are stupid too but I just randomly throw items on my Pokemon and it seems to work. The final annoying part is the fact that the others seem to be out to screw you up on purpose during the Acting portion and the some of the moves now have different effects than they used to have in RSE.
My awsome Milotic which I migrated over from Emerald can't seem to get a break. I do fine on the dress-up round and the dance isn't too bad but my Milotic gets raped every time by that freaking Steelix and Kangaskhan. It's hacked as far as I'm concerned.

Once there was a man who ate a poisonous grapefruit and died.The moral of the story:DON'T EAT POISON GRAPEFRUIT!!

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:18 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

ive beaten master beauty contest with my kyogre. its not hard, and i didnt cheat.

Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:00 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

But it's almost impossible to time it correctly. It's like you have to get the timing in a 1 second range for a score other than "MISS".I'd say you might need a stopwatch for correct timing (add a bookmark each time the Pokémon moves, and when it's your go, the stopwatch beeps at a bookmark. It's probably hard to understand...).

It really isn't that hard to get the timing down. It helps a lot if you turn the volume down so that the music doesn't throw you off though.

Persistence ends resistence.

3DS FC: 5069-4148-2325 (please PM to exchange)
Poison Friend Safari: Seviper, Ariados, and Whirlipede.

Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:03 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Kurushel wrote:

Not if you're like me, who usually gets at or close to Excellent every time.
With a good moveset you can win the Great rank without any Poffin/Pokeblock increases. (Deoxys and Staraptor pulled it off.)
But I wouldn't be surprised if the Master Rank Super Contests are h4x. Hoenn is h4xxed enough with Pokeblock appeal, yet I managed to get 3 portraits (Beauty with Castform, Cool with Plusle, and Tough with Registeel)...before I erased the file. (Biggest mistake ever; I don't want to talk about it.)
Hence, why most likely I won't go near the contests ever again except for boredom or lulz.

- DNA

Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:21 am
i still say they are completely fair, im beatign contests without matching moves and with no contdition in the area and i get at least the rank below master (forget name )

Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:21 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I beat the cool contests all the time with my Prinplup.

Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:41 pm
Illiterate
Illiterate

Man you're kidding me? I have an infernape with 3 Poffins and no were NEAR perfect sheen or anything and It got me to master round. Dancing is super easy if you use " A B X and Y" The dress up is simple enough if you are this smart:

Know what contest type you are in( tough, smart, cute, etc.) and you know how many accessories you are allowed. If you gonna go on a beauty contest, go to the screen with the rewards from your previous contests and use some of those to get your stuff on your pokes for appearance.

The only thing I don't understand is the Acting. There is no more jamming and the voltage spread out over the 3 judges makes it SUPER annnooyyyyiiinnnnggg. Seriously! If I use my dragonite's dragon dance and Steel Wing combo I should get around... 3...15...18...31 hearts in total. But it gets annoying when other pokemon purposely reduce the judges voltage so that YOU can't get the +5. Overall, It's more exciting. Sure you may have to go at it over a 100 times but it'll get ya motivated.

Oh oops, I'll change it.

Diamond friend code: CAMEL 0473 6261 7388
When you want to trade or something, pm me. =]

Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:26 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

The most I've done in the way of contests is fail at the practice rounds with my Blaziken (which kicked-ass in Sapphire). Actually, R/S/E contests seemed almost too easy, which -I s'pose- is why Nintendo made 'em ridiculously hard in P/D.

They wouldn't be utterly pointless if completing each rank unlocked something awesomely special -and worth all the pain and suffering- in your save file.

Quote:

It's genetic, I can't help it. :P

Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:23 pm
Illiterate
Illiterate

K nvm. I can see why you guys say the Dressing up part is unfair. I entered my Hippowden in a Tough contest. A bronzor comes in..in...all these sparkles and flowery stuff. He got like 7 hearts.. WTH.

Oh oops, I'll change it.

Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:41 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

K, so Ive been asking around on some other pokémon forums and guestbooks. Ive mostly gotten replies like this, but one person pointed out that a lot of the AI pokémon have accessories similar to the type of pokémon they are, for example, Machops have dumbell sets and stuff, Hoothoot and Starly have a lot of feathers, things like that. No ones really tested this, but it may be worth a shot.

Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:37 pm
Illiterate
Illiterate

But I have a dragonite that I entered. As far as I know, there are no dragon items, that I have, at least. =(

Oh oops, I'll change it.

Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:46 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: I'm stuck somewhere... Not quite sure where that is though.

Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:37 am
Profile YIM
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'd say more on occasion.

Perhaps you need better accessories, the only reason I don't win every time is because I suck at dancing.

Not that hard guys.

Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:33 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next