It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Best strategy for a Bronzong? 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hey guys.....im about to face the E4 in Pearl, and im trying to build my Bronzong, Metalguy, into a proficient tanker for the battle tower later on (im not using him for fighting against human players).... but im confused about that moves I should teach him.... there are so many good moveset options for him that im having real trouble deciding! currently im running this set:

Hypnosis
Flash Cannon
Psychic
Trick Room

pretty transparent strategy here, I just set up trick room and sweep with its two best STAB moves (im running a Quiet nature on it, hence why I chose this moveset in the first place), and hypnotize anything it can't easily own/will own him before switching out, like Skarmory or a Fire-type. I know he sounds perfect already, but I cant help feeling im ignoring other good moves he can learn... plus i've already got Twiggy (my Torterra) as a dedicated tank.... I was considering ditching FC and TR (or possibly TR and Hypnosis) for Light Screen and Reflect to make him into a superb staller..... anyone want to lend me their POs here?

Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:36 pm
Illiterate
Illiterate

Shadow ball
Psychic
I think it can learn a bug move... not sure if not, just put in Hypnosis

With shadow ball you can get rid of ghosts easily, gyro ball is more effective as Bronzong is SERIOUSLY slow. Hypnosis will give you a couple of turns after you switch out. Use hypnosis on pokemon like Scarmary, and Blissey.

This isn't mainly a sweeper pokemon, but a staller/ tank, as you suggested. But with it's moderate special attack and very nice typage although it gains weakness to fighting. It gets rid of its 2x dark and 2x bug.

Even if it can't sweep it can probably atleast suffice to do major damage in a few turns.

Have fun,
~NarutoFreak

Oh oops, I'll change it.

Diamond friend code: CAMEL 0473 6261 7388
When you want to trade or something, pm me. =]

Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:11 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Gyro Ball>Flash cannon
Shadow ball
Psychic
I think it can learn a bug move... not sure if not, just put in Hypnosis

With shadow ball you can get rid of ghosts easily, gyro ball is more effective as Bronzong is SERIOUSLY slow. Hypnosis will give you a couple of turns after you switch out. Use hypnosis on pokemon like Scarmary, and Blissey.

This isn't mainly a sweeper pokemon, but a staller/ tank, as you suggested. But with it's moderate special attack and very nice typage although it gains weakness to fighting. It gets rid of its 2x dark and 2x bug.

Even if it can't sweep it can probably atleast suffice to do major damage in a few turns.

Have fun,
~NarutoFreak
I was wrestling with weither I should go with Gyro Ball or FC for a while, but I decided on FC since its much more reliable, and on average they'd do about the same damage and my Bronzongs SA is around 20 points higher than its ATK due to its quiet nature and all those gastlys it pwned way back in the lost tower. also, as far as I know he's only weak to Fire (due to Levitate). I was also thinking of keeping Trick Room in there since like you did previously mention its seriously slow, and after one trick room it could easily outrun nearly anything, and since i'd be using a Torterra on the same team he could benefit from TR as well.

Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:40 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Also, it won't really be sweeping anything. I'd go with a tank moveset. Toxic, Hypnosis, lightscreen/reflect, etc. Trick room would be nice still.

Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:51 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'd breed one with a better nature.

If it's just to beat the game, that seems a bit pointless.

If I remember rightly, I used a Bronzong with Extrasensory, Hypnosis, Gyroball and Rock Smash to beat the elite 4 (Lv53) - just send it out when you're in trouble so you can revive/heal your main attackers.

I like the idea of Trick Room with Torterra btw (much better than rock smash).

Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:54 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Also, it won't really be sweeping anything. I'd go with a tank moveset. Toxic, Hypnosis, lightscreen/reflect, etc. Trick room would be nice still.
mmmm... keep in mind this is just my in-game fighter, if I was using him for human battles id be a bit pickier about his nature.... way I see it he's already as slow as cold molasses so a speed reducing nature doesnt hurt that much, and extra special attack isnt a bad thing.

im thinking of re-doing his move set something like this:

Hypnosis
Reflect
Light Screen
Psychic

sound good to you guys?

Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:59 pm
Illiterate
Illiterate

But cynthia has a Spirtomb and that thing can kill quickly. So give it like... Toxic, rest, psychic, Flash cannon
That should work. Cuz there is a poison/dark Pokemon and a Ghost/dark pokemon.

Oh oops, I'll change it.

Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:29 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

But cynthia has a Spirtomb and that thing can kill quickly. So give it like... Toxic, rest, psychic, Flash cannon
That should work. Cuz there is a poison/dark Pokemon and a Ghost/dark pokemon.
im making him mostly for the battle tower, and I wont really be using him against Cynthia or Aaron, except to stall to heal.

Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:36 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Bobsymalone wrote:
mmmm... keep in mind this is just my in-game fighter, if I was using him for human battles id be a bit pickier about his nature....

Sorry, I thought you said battle tower. Nevermind :D

Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:13 am
Illiterate
Illiterate

You said it was for ingame and non competition...

Oh oops, I'll change it.

Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:36 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

fishcatch22 wrote:
Bobsymalone wrote:
mmmm... keep in mind this is just my in-game fighter, if I was using him for human battles id be a bit pickier about his nature....

Sorry, I thought you said battle tower. Nevermind :D
it IS for the battle tower, the in-game battle tower. I unfortunately have no easy acess to wi-fi where im at..... :/

Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:32 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I don't know about other movesets but what I find Super Useful and Effective is a Bronzong with the Following build:

Nature: Impish/Careful
Evs: 252 in Hp, 126 in Def and Sp. Def
Item: Light Clay
Moves:
Explosion
Light Screen
Reflect
Stealth Rock

Behold the Ultimate support Bronzong...team this up with a Swords Dancer or other stat boosters and your Opponents shall tremble before you. :twisted: This breaks Focus Sashers too...hehe 8-) :wink:

Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:06 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I don't know about other movesets but what I find Super Useful and Effective is a Bronzong with the Following build:

Nature: Impish/Careful
Evs: 252 in Hp, 126 in Def and Sp. Def
Item: Light Clay
Moves:
Explosion
Light Screen
Reflect
Stealth Rock

Behold the Ultimate support Bronzong...team this up with a Swords Dancer or other stat boosters and your Opponents shall tremble before you. :twisted: This breaks Focus Sashers too...hehe 8-) :wink:

Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]