It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Togepi Egg - Help! 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Like a boob, I didn't follow the walkthrough for Five Island and JUST discovered (after beating E4 2x) that I could get a togepi egg. I followed instructions and left a blank slot in party, but when I talk to the egg dude, he says "You travel all over the place, don't you? You're not driving your POKEMON too harshly, are you? Let me take a look. - - - - - - Ah, hmm... I see, I see...." Then...no egg. What did I do wrong??????

Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:32 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

If I'm not wrong, you need your Pokemon to be happy in order to receive the Egg. Try improving the happiness level of your lead Pokemon.

Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:21 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

Wow, I didn't even know the game focused so much on your Pokemon's happiness.

But yeah that sucks... oh well.

{dragonite}{tyranitar}{garchomp}{porygon-z}{kingdra}{dusknoir}

Call Me God Cuz My G is O.D.

Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:25 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

If you're unsure of your Pokemon's happiness, Fly to Pallet Town and talk to Daisy. If she says "It couldn't possibly love you more" or "It seems very happy", you should get the Togepi egg from the man in Water Labyrinth. (I assume that's enough to get the egg, because that's how much it takes to evolve certain Pokemon, like Golbat or Pichu. But I am assuming - I could be wrong.)

If you still don't receive the egg, then ask Daisy to check the happiness of more of your Pokemon, and be sure to have your five happiest Pokemon in your party (with the sixth slot empty, and be sure one of them knows Surf). Then go and collect the egg.

Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:04 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Oh, okay, thanks! I had done some trading back and forth with the pokemon in my party and I seem to remember that trading affects their happiness (?) so I'll go fight E4 again and see it that helps.

Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:53 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Oh, okay, thanks! I had done some trading back and forth with the pokemon in my party and I seem to remember that trading affects their happiness (?) so I'll go fight E4 again and see it that helps.

Trading resets a pokemon's happiness to their base level. Refer to the happiness guide for further details.

Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:19 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

i know thi shas nothing to do with this but i was wondering how do you go up to things like pokemaniac and pokemon proffessor and so on.
:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:49 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

i know thi shas nothing to do with this but i was wondering how do you go up to things like pokemaniac and pokemon proffessor and so on.
:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

*points to link* - DNA

Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:57 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Okay...in case anyone's interested...I've now fought and conquered the E4 8x since my first post. I stopped to see Daisy and only my Milotic had a "happy" rating, so I figured I could just dump the rest of my party in the PC, head out to see the egg dude and score myself an egg, but NOTHING! Just blah, blah, "hm, I see" garbage and I surfed away empty-handed. I've also had Daisy do her grooming thing but the rest of the party is still at "friendly" status. Only Mewtwo will take more vitamins, I haven't allowed any of them to faint, so...Any suggestions? :(

Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:38 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Okay...in case anyone's interested...I've now fought and conquered the E4 8x since my first post. I stopped to see Daisy and only my Milotic had a "happy" rating, so I figured I could just dump the rest of my party in the PC, head out to see the egg dude and score myself an egg, but NOTHING! Just blah, blah, "hm, I see" garbage and I surfed away empty-handed. I've also had Daisy do her grooming thing but the rest of the party is still at "friendly" status. Only Mewtwo will take more vitamins, I haven't allowed any of them to faint, so...Any suggestions? :(

I think it was noted that 5 of your happiest Pokemon had to be in your party with an open slot. So my best bet would be to try that, since I see you didn't try that.

Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]