It is currently Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 
 Time traveling negative effects (like in animal crossing) 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I really don't feel like waiting til Friday for a Lapras. Anyone else time traveled yet? I can't imagine any negative effects...

Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:55 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

if you time travel it will freeze all in-game time related stuff for twenty-four hours. dont do it, lol.

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:22 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

24 hours vs 96 hours... if that's the only side effect I'm going for it...

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:32 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Have you got to the safari zone yet?

the rocky beach zone has wild lapras(while surfing), no blocks needed plus you can catch more than one.

Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:19 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

No, I'm still pretty early in the game, thats why I wanted to get the Lapras now, while it was still close to them same level as my other pokemon (27-30), so that catching up would be relatively easy and painless. I can't stand grinding.

Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:14 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: In my Secret Base at Route 116- come and find me! :P
I'll be online in about three hours if you want me to breed you a Lapras :) The downside is it may not obey you though due to possible lack of badges...

Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:18 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Yeah, don't time travel dude...you don't know what you in for & either do I...it may have more effects then is currently known seeing as some of the PokeWalker activities are also time based & you could really just transfer one from another game or recieve one from Trainer_Tarika...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:44 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: In my Secret Base at Route 116- come and find me! :P
What we can do, is if you want to take me up on the offer (I'm more than happy to do so) is send me a PM, so we can set up a time to get on WiFi. :)

So yeah, let me know, I'm willing!

Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:47 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

You could use Dewong who is some much cooler than Lapras but is always forgotten.

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:08 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

At the moment I switched DS's with HG so I could trade back starters in my Plat (just got it... Yay now I have all the gens!... Oh wait, I lost my FR darn!) And the clock is still going... I don't know if its had any adverse side effects on Events or phone calls, but it hasn't screwed anything up yet. Though, I don't really know WHAT is supposed to happen...

Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:41 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Switching DS's won't do anything. Unless they have different settings, of course, like the Wi-Fi connection or the time.

I imagine it'd just mess with the berries/apricorns, but it shouldn't do anything that bad. It's not like the game realizes that it's in reality been 5 seconds even though you changed the time to 3 days in the future, the game just sees it as it's now Friday instead of Tuesday.

Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:55 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Tis too late I already did yesterday afternoon.

Lawence Codye wrote:
Yeah, don't time travel dude...you don't know what you in for & either do I...it may have more effects then is currently known seeing as some of the PokeWalker activities are also time based & you could really just transfer one from another game or recieve one from Trainer_Tarika...

Seeingg as I just washed mine on accident yesterday...

Trainer_Tarika wrote:
What we can do, is if you want to take me up on the offer (I'm more than happy to do so) is send me a PM, so we can set up a time to get on WiFi. :)

So yeah, let me know, I'm willing!

No WiFi, router is incompatible thanks though.

Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:55 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

kayleak wrote:
Switching DS's won't do anything. Unless they have different settings, of course, like the Wi-Fi connection or the time.

I imagine it'd just mess with the berries/apricorns, but it shouldn't do anything that bad. It's not like the game realizes that it's in reality been 5 seconds even though you changed the time to 3 days in the future, the game just sees it as it's now Friday instead of Tuesday.

Well, the manual says that it effects "Berry growth, lucky number drawings, and other time dependent game events. The Pokewalker also uses a clock feature.

Also, the two DS's had different times because I wasn't using one (I broke the screen on top... Just the top left corner because I was playing a game and got pissed... Tee hee) and didn't switch it to Daylight Savings Time. And the minutes were slightly different. However, I don't think it effects too much. And I think it just means extreme thngs like setting it forward like 2 weeks.

Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:14 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

That's exactly what I said. It'll just change things that are dependent on time, berries/apricorns were the first things that came to mind. It's not bad though, you could "time travel" in order to grow a million Sitrus Berries in one day, get a bunch of Apricorns, and also test out a bunch of Lucky Number drawings. You'd just have to remember to water the berries every day or so that you skip. I said it in my last post, it's a machine, and therefore doesn't feel the time passing, it just takes the time from whatever the DS says. I time traveled a bunch in Silver and Platinum in order to help speed up the berry processes and things, not that big of a deal.

Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:32 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

kayleak wrote:

This pretty much...

Savage Hunter wrote:
Also, the two DS's had different times because I wasn't using one (I broke the screen on top... Just the top left corner because I was playing a game and got pissed... Tee hee) and didn't switch it to Daylight Savings Time. And the minutes were slightly different.

Mine original DS has the same problem with the screen only by means of someone either sitting on it or walking over it being a no nerves...I mean how can you not tell...anywho & I now only use it as a second DS though...wow Savage Hunter...

In short, don't time travel if you don't finish doing wth you needed to do for the day as it will cause some payback kind of problems but otherwise...go for it...
just be aware that you did it later or you might go savage, lol...apologies for that, haha...

Oh & Birdlover has done the time traveling so this topic is now considered pointless, no?...meh...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Last edited by Lawence Codye on Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:57 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I don't think it changes anything about the Pokewalker, unless you connect to it while you are in the future/past. Otherwise, it's independent and should not be effected at all.

Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:32 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

kayleak wrote:
I don't think it changes anything about the Pokewalker, unless you connect to it while you are in the future/past. Otherwise, it's independent and should not be effected at all.

Yeah, this is actually true...just that some people don't think when they need to & then click, too late...

Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:05 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i time travel alot i dont think theres negative eefects

Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:43 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

drew235 wrote:
i time travel alot i dont think theres negative eefects

flux capacitor or phone both

my lord has anyone seen the butterfly effect

Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:40 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Thread is derailed at this point.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:10 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Birdlover wrote:

This being the case I say this once more...

Birdlover has done the time traveling so this topic is now considered pointless, no?...meh...

Someone should really lock this thread...thread discussion is complete & there for void, no?...

Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:32 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
Birdlover wrote:

This being the case I say this once more...

Birdlover has done the time traveling so this topic is now considered pointless, no?...meh...

Someone should really lock this thread...thread discussion is complete & there for void, no?...

why do you go around telling people what threads should be locked??
mind your own business please.

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:14 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

KingErick wrote:
why do you go around telling people what threads should be locked??
mind your own business please.

Woah, woah, wow...okay, let's see...1st, I was suggesting not telling & lastly, can you even say MYOB when I'm allowed to post in the topic...besides, noone actually listens to me when I say that most of the time so chill out will ya?...

Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]