It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Help... 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

ok, i looked at the movesets for swampert so plz don't show me a link 2 that page. I don't really like those movesets too well and i want 4 attacks. I finally bred my starter girl swampert (named 'Splashelle') :D and got an egg and named the boy mudkip 'Splashy' (my typical nickname for a mudkip starter) and i leveled him up until he learned hydro pump. now i need a good moveset for him.

I plan on having/keeping:
-Hydro Pump
-Earthquake
-??? (possibly dive cuz i might want to dodge a lethal attack for a turn)
-??? (Maybe bide...got me outta sum sticky situations before)

I have:
-Hydro Pump
-Whirlpool
-Bide
-Water Gun

Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:43 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hmm...I don't know about bide. Personally, it has little if no effect if you're playing against the game, since they tend to use Status moves as much as damaging moves.

Water gun should make way for something like surf. Normally I discourage HM moves, but surf is always a good one. Nice and powerful.

Whirlpool...I'm kinda iffy on this one. Whirlpool can be usefull in some situations, but not if you're really the kind of person who favors alot of damage.

Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:10 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Post yep
ya i agree on the whirlpool. I'm just stuck training splashelle upto atleast lvl. 75-80 (shes lv60 now) until i can fihure out a good sweeper moveset for splashy. I prefer to 1-hit KO any nuiscance trainers (i.e. swimmers) and I need to get rid of water gun thatz true. Btw, i favor damage over stat moves. and i prefer any items instead of rest... and what's the view on dive? i like it but i want a quick-sweep battle...(i saved in the E-4 poke-center cuz im training in Vic-road) i have all 8 badges and still need 2 beat the e-4.

P.S.- I have sapphire and have played it many times and then I restart. <--This is for ppl to know that i'm not a poke-noob...

Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:33 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Try here for your movesets in the future.

Other than that, Surf>Hydro Pump most of the time. Other moves to consider are Curse, Mirror Coat (Counters grass like lol.), Brick Break, Earthquake, Substitute/Focus Punch, Rock Slide, Double Edge, Return, and toxic. Those moves are all good to throw in.

You could also try something fun like Toxic, Whirlpool, Rest, Curse. Or something like that.

Also, moves like Dig and Dive are normally HUMONGOUS NO-NOS. Dig especially, DOUBLE DAMAGE TO EQ. :O! Big avoid there, 200 base power is not fun. Bide normally ends up a waste, as anyone with half a brain will use the two free turns to lower your stats, or to raise their own. Also, on Dive, someone could easily switch to a grass, lower the damage, and hit you hard with razor leaf or something. Hints to your strategy are never fun to give away.

Anyway, that should be enough to keep you occupied. :3

Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:52 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: In the land of hysterical goths... Toronto, Ontario.
As far as I know, Surf does 2x damage to Divers as well. Although, that's only 190 base damage, lol. I know for a fact that it'll still hit.

For an in-game sweeping Swampert, go with Surf, Earthquake, Brick Break and Ice Beam. Sweeps well in-game. I got one of those Swamperts on my Sapphire and it owns everything.

Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:11 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Ya i mostly do in-game sweeping because my love of pokemon is a secret... :oops: so ya and btw, im keeping Hydro Pump and EQ.

WHY ISNT ANYONE RESPONDING???
ok, here's my real message.

Ok, I think that I'll go with:

Swampert(Splashy)@Chesto Berry/ i dunno, leftovers?
-Hydro Pump
-Earthquake
-Rest
-Ice Beam
is that okay :?:
Mod Edit: Don't double post, I've merged your posts together. Use the Image button instead.
And it seems to me that lots of people have responded with suggestions, no need to get upset. And if you really want help, USE THE THIRD GENERATION RATING CENTER, LIKE EVERYONE ELSE! Do you think you need special help or something, that exempts you from using that common resource? -JsXtm

Sorry, JsXtm. I didn't mean to get all upset...i didn't even notice the edit button...

Last edited by animepokefan on Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:29 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

id rather tell you to use these

surf(instead instead of hydropump)
earthquake
icebeam
???(i dunno you can choose the last one)

and it should be holding shell bell since it heals better than leftovers

but if dont like it its fine i just tell you what good moves are for swampert

Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:39 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

i think that i'll keep hydro pump, because it has 120 power, but it has low PP so i will use a ton of PP ups (i saved them up) and here is what i think that ill keep:

{swampert}@leftovers/shellbell/chesto
-Hydro Pump
-Earthquake
-Ice Beam
-??? (possibly rest- maybe i could use {swampert} as a tank)

Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:09 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

animepokefan wrote:
i think that i'll keep hydro pump, because it has 120 power, but it has low PP but it has low PP but it has low PP but it has low PP

It'll only get a max of like, 8 PP, and it WILL miss. Surf WILL NOT miss. Keep hydro pump if you want, but you will not be able to rely on it.

Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:45 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Well you could be using it for the battle frontier so i'd rather have

Muddy Water/Surf
EQ
Endure
Endeavor

CaN YoU SeE ThE SecreT MessagE
~~~Flaming Aura Unknown~~~
Thanks !www.pokecharms.com!
http://www.myspace.com/ade_ade_ade_ade

Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:08 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

animepokefan wrote:
i think that i'll keep hydro pump, because it has 120 power, but it has low PP so i will use a ton of PP ups (i saved them up) and here is what i think that ill keep:

{swampert}@leftovers/shellbell/chesto
-Hydro Pump
-Earthquake
-Ice Beam
-??? (possibly rest- maybe i could use {swampert} as a tank)

ok holmes but just as you know surf has more pp, good damage and high hit rate plus it can hit two enemies at the same time

(youre hydro pump will only reach 8)

Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:58 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

i guess thatz true...but i worked so hard to get a swampert with hydro pump to use to kill da elite4/frontier brains...ok, then what move would be better than rest? (cuz i always carry a lot of healing stuff)
o ya, off topic, what is a good training spot for the E4?

Im so glad that ppl r helping...YAY! :D

Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:50 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

if youre gonna use rest it is ok just remember to use and item that awakes youre pokemon the first time is has fallen asleep

Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]