It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:36 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 What's with all the hooplah over Lucario? 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I mean really Lucario is NOTHING special if you ask me. His stats are really not all that great and I have little to no clue as to why he's part steel. He doesn't even look chrome/metal/steel. I asked around and most trainers say because of how he looks and IMO I just don't see it. To me he looks really dumb. I like the way Riolu looks though.

I don't know, please enlighten me. What is with all the hooplah over Lucario?
Unless you agree with me and tell me why you hate lucario! :D

Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:31 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ignoring looks, because you'd have to be dumb to place a pokemon in your team because of that, it's cause of movepool, typing, and stats.

It's movepool and stats allow it to be either a special or physical sweeper. Meaning you can surprise people who don't know what pokemon they should switch into the battle.

It's typing allows it to be the last reversaler with any hope of staying alive. It's steel, so it resists sandstorm, and abamasnow is UU, so those two aren't likely to meet in battle. He also has a lot of first-strike moves. Including extreme speed.

It's main problem is that it can't take a hit if its super effective. One flamethrower or EQ usually does it in.

Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:40 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lucario has good stats. High attack and defense, resistances to many types, and many types are neutral against it.

http://obeliskgfx.wordpress.com

Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:40 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Lucario has good stats. High attack and defense, resistances to many types, and many types are neutral against it.

You have to be joking.

EQ is VERY common on WiFi along with physical fire type moves. Those moves can 1HKO him A LOT!

Last edited by PillagingGarchomp on Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:43 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Eon wrote:

You have to be joking.
Lol, I was about to say that...

Anyway, Lucario is like any other OU Pokemon...some people love him, some people hate him. I don't like him. I have better physical and special sweepers than Lucario. If I used Lucario, it would have to be a mixed one, since like I said, I have better physical and special sweepers.

Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:45 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Because Lucario is badass, I thought this was known by everyone and their cat.

Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:47 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I mean really... high defense? Unless you have maxed out EV'S and a nature that benefits defence he wont even get past 250 in that area. Same with Sp Def.

Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:50 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

He's more versatile than other OU pokemon, like say Tyranitar, who screws over most of his own team unless they are of similar typing.

Not to mention that Choice item Lucarios can OHKO Weaviles using either Mach Punch or Vacuum Wave which is nice since Weavile is way overused.

Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:21 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

We already had a "y dose every1 liek lucario" thread, and it turned into people calling Lucario fans "n00bs" etc., so it was locked. I know people on this forum don't have the brain cells to continue discussion about this, so I'm going to lock it before it turns out like the other thread.

Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:41 am
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 9 posts ]