It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Kanto (Confirmed Now) 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Do you think Kanto will be in Ss/Gh? We don't need it, but it'd be nice. And now my lugias and ho-ohs won't be selling on the gts...but maybe they'll have Kanto, and Kanto events.
Okay, Kanto is confirmed.

Last edited by Cactuar on Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 09, 2009 9:21 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Personally, I hope they have more than just Kanto. I hope we can travel to ALL of the regions in SS/HG. That's been my hope for the Pokemon games ever since the original G/S/C games came out. I was soooo happy with Kanto in the original games, and I hope they do that for all of the regions in the new games.

Sat May 09, 2009 5:33 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Um...they won't do that.$$$

Sat May 09, 2009 5:39 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'm betting my money that Kanto will be there, fans will go into a rage if it isn't...

Sat May 09, 2009 5:39 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yep, I think the same thing. It's part of GS so yeah.

Sat May 09, 2009 5:41 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Quote:
We don't need it

@ above quote: ... That was one of the coolest things about G/S/C.

If Kanto isn't in it, it would not live up to expectations, and Nintendo will once again disappoint me. =(

Sat May 09, 2009 6:10 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I hope they actually swap out Kanto with Hoenn, since that would take out two birds with one stone (as in, no need for a future RSE remake)

Also, I found Kanto in GSC remarkably boring, what with safari zone gone and terribly boring storyline.

quae incensus cogitat grama esse bonus.
incendit per noctam,
et sic excitavit;
invenit veru magnum ano.

Sat May 09, 2009 7:23 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I think Kanto will be in the remakes. FR/LG made the sevii islands because R/B just didn't have anything to do after the elite 4. Thats pretty much what Kanto was for in G/S/C, a reason to continue playing.

On a side note I hope that they either include higher level wild pokemon in Kanto or lower level trainers/leaders so that I can at least go through with a new team.

Sat May 09, 2009 10:02 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

As said earlier: Kanto isn't necessary, but it's very welcome. If it's there, that's great. If it's not, oh well, at least they actually remade Johto for us.

Oh right, the question is "Do you think Kanto will be there."... yes, I do. I'm hoping it is, because I'm really excited for updated sprites of trainers/leaders.

Sun May 10, 2009 4:21 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Maybe they will have Mewtwo, because more people will not be able to get it with DSi. That would take out a Kanto remake.

Tue May 12, 2009 6:26 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Why wouldn't they have Kanto? That was the exciting part: another adventure after you've completed the first!
Although Nintendo might just be pulling this for more $.$

Tue May 12, 2009 6:31 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

If they do that, I will lose all respect for Nintendo. It would RUIN the GS remakes. Heck, I would probably never buy another pokemon game in my life. Nintendo is following in the footsteps of Capcom, who ended MegaMan BN and gave us Star Force as a terrible replacement.

Wed May 13, 2009 3:21 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I hope there's finally a building in that spot in Vermilion City.

Fri May 15, 2009 3:23 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Yes. There will be Kanto, because who wouldn't want to kick Red's ass with new graphics and music?

Dave, I think there will be as a new DPP feature like Contests or something. I think something will be there though.

Cactuar, I totally want to mourn with you. RIP MegaMan Battle Network. :violin:

~A haiku

I disable smilies because I do not smile.

Sat May 16, 2009 7:03 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

now there is ekonomical crisis so they need $$$ and there will be a whole bunch of new features so if there will be NO kanto i will be no surprised but if there realy will be NO kanto i think all pkmn lovers will start to hate NINTENDO :?

Sat May 16, 2009 11:23 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Why wouldn't Kanto be in there? They're just remakes of old games which had Kanto in it, why in the world would they change that? They're not supposed to be majorly different from the original Gold and Silver, just remakes with better graphics and newer features adapted to it.

So, yes, I think Kanto will be there.

Sat May 16, 2009 3:30 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

pokedexator wrote:
now there is ekonomical crisis so they need $$$ and there will be a whole bunch of new features so if there will be NO kanto i will be no surprised but if there realy will be NO kanto i think all pkmn lovers will start to hate NINTENDO :?

Er. Yes. Kanto = Money. Because the whole world is in an economic crisis which directly affects Pokemon, Inc. O_o [/sarcasm]

~A haiku

Sat May 16, 2009 6:27 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

yes, and if there will be not only NO kanto but and NO games at all i will be no surprised

Sun May 17, 2009 9:03 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Krisp wrote:

I'm willing to bet it'll be in the games, but a replacement is welcome (not something crappy like the Sevii Islands, though.) Something new and fresh to make GH/SS really exciting, because nobody has played through it before. That's something I definitely want in place of Kanto! :)

Something like the orange islands maybe ?

Sun May 17, 2009 9:31 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

There's no reason to speculate that they would add Hoenn instead of Kanto or that they would add in every region (I wish though). Most likely it will just be Kanto and Johto, like the originals.

Sun May 17, 2009 9:57 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hm. Orange Islands seems like an interesting prospect for a new zone. It would make me omnomnomnom.

I'm wondering though - since the DSi doesn't have a GBA port, are they going to give out Hoenn/Kanto starters in HGSS like they did the Johto starters in Emerald? By completing the Johto Dex? Just a thought.

~A haiku

Sun May 17, 2009 11:19 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Dark Typhlosion wrote:
Krisp wrote:

I'm willing to bet it'll be in the games, but a replacement is welcome (not something crappy like the Sevii Islands, though.) Something new and fresh to make GH/SS really exciting, because nobody has played through it before. That's something I definitely want in place of Kanto! :)

Say it with me, folks: HELL NO!

Sun May 17, 2009 3:42 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Krisp wrote:
For those of you who will be disappointed and sad, why, might I ask? Let's see...Kanto was in:

Generation I as RBY
Generation II as GSC
Generation III as FR/LG
Generation IV as HG/SS (possibly?)

Johto was only in Generation II/IV, Hoenn was only in Generation III, and Sinnoh was only in Generation IV.

I really hope it happens, but if it doesn't, no worries, I have nothing against Kanto.

For once I agree with Krisp, but knowing Nintendo and Game Freak I won't be surprised if they put some new thing with Kanto or not. I think it would be a good addition but if it is not there it's not like the world is gonna end.

Sun May 17, 2009 4:16 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

LeoTheLion wrote:
Hm. Orange Islands seems like an interesting prospect for a new zone. It would make me omnomnomnom.

I'm wondering though - since the DSi doesn't have a GBA port, are they going to give out Hoenn/Kanto starters in HGSS like they did the Johto starters in Emerald? By completing the Johto Dex? Just a thought.

There's no such thing as a DSi exclusive game, so it will be playable in DS.

Sun May 17, 2009 5:32 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

daveshan wrote:
Dark Typhlosion wrote:
Krisp wrote:

Say it with me, folks: HELL NO!

Why not ? 4 more badges aren't that bad... it'll make 8+8+4 = 20 !!! Or even better... The Elite 4 can be on an island each and then he can beat the Champion on a 5th island...

Other question:
You all know how in the Sevii islands the added pokemon from other generations... in Kanto/johto you can only see pokemon from the 1st and 2nd gen... Will they add pokemon from the 3rd and 4th generation in kanto/johto or in new areas (orange island or something else).

So the only purpose for the orange islands would be adding pokes from other gens.

Sun May 17, 2009 8:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next