It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:48 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Help with a flying team! 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I decided to try making a good flying team. I want to try to make a competetive one main type team. I've already decided to use a crobat, a gyarados, and mabye a flying type. Any suggestions on pokemon, items, or movesets, will be greatly appreciated!

Shines: HeartGold: Gyarados, Fearow
Platinum: Geodude
Diamond: Machamp, Duskinour

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:04 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I'm sorry but:

BATTLE TOWER!

Erm... I personally have little experience with flying.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:31 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Flying types, huh?
My favourite type! :) I love birds.

I'd recommend taking the trouble to choose secondary typings and movesets to counter the weaknesses of bird Pokemon: electricity, ice, and rocks.
Teach your Gyarados Earthquake, and maybe include Gliscor (with Stone Edge and maybe Steel Wing) and Skarmory (with Mud-Slap, Fly and other annoying moves) because their secondary types counter two of the Flying type's three weaknesses.

You also might want to include Pokemon that can Levitate rather than fly, like Latias - it would be a bad move to make every Pokemon in your team a Flying-type, because you'd be vulnerable to sweepers such as Starmie that can learn a variety of moves for taking down birds. Also be sure to use various different types of attacks - both Physical and Special - to be sure you can take down not only the types you're weakest to, but also other types that can use those moves.

I've never battled in competition before, otherwise I would readily recommend Legendary Flying-types with massive stats and great movepools - but they're probably banned from the battles you have in mind...

Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:44 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 3 posts ]