It is currently Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:00 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Safari Zone Chancey Catching 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Morning all, I've recently come across a lot of requests asking for some sort of "secret" when it comes to catching a Chancey. Well I wanted to add to the long list of supposed answer and inform you all of a little pattern I picked up with my game.

It seems that whenever you do the infinite time trick (where you change directions instead of actually moving) Chancey tends to appear less often, as well as is more difficult to catch when finally encountered. But if you move around normally she tends to appear a lot faster and seems easier to catch.

From my experience doing the infinite time trick, I only got 1 Chancey, where as from moving around constantly, I got 5. Granted this may be different from other peoples experience, but since my friend has also encountered this phenomena, there has to be some amount of validity behind it. But in any case, I hope this helps some of you out there.

On a side note - Who else here has caught an a** load of nidorans out of sheer accident? I know I have at least 12.

Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:42 am
Profile YIM
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

yeah i did catch lots of nidorans (they hold 2 boxes hostage! :evil: ). and for the chansey chain thingy i did the just moving- no stepping trick, ecountered 2 chanseys level 25 and 28 and caught both. then i wanted to breed them so i did and i got a shiny egg ( this is my good day :) ) and it hatched into a shiny chansey. i just dont like it cause its all green and stuff. i wanted a blu chansey...

Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:23 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hahaha. You're a lucky man. I really want a shiny Chancey. But as for your catching methods, the more I try and catch Chanceys, it seems you have to alternate between the two methods in order to catch the maximum amount of them. This isn't a full proof tactic, because they do get away a lot. But I caught more doing this than I did just sticking to one or the other.

Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:58 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

chansey flees all the time!!!.................dumb chansey.............. :mad:

Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:11 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

There is no secret pattern to how Chanceys appear. It is a statistic. For every step, there is a random wild encounter rate for every Pokemon in the area. If it falls on Chancey, Chancey shows up, and it's your lucky day. Whether your just using the infinite time trick, or just walking, every step there is a chance. You're just unlucky, then lucky. I've walked around the Safari Zone for hours and found no Chanceys. I would then find one, and one after that, and one after that, and another after that.

It's all luck.

Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:44 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

And, unfortunately for me, I have very little luck. I've run into a billion chanseys and caught only 1. And no, he didn't have what is REALLY the prize for catching a Chansey...the Lucky Egg...

grrr...

Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:08 pm
Profile YIM
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I just managed to catch a Chansey... and it held a Lucky Egg! *screams with joy*

Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:25 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

So far, I've caught several {chansey} in the Safari Zone and no Lucky Egg yet... all the ones I've encountered have been level 26, and none of them have been shiny (surprise, surprise).
Technically, you can't breed two {chansey} with each other - they're all female, aren't they?
So to get an egg, you'd need a male in the same egg group (or {ditto}), and the baby will automatically be {chansey}... but it certainly won't automatically be shiny.
I'm not after a shiny egg (although shiny {chansey} looks better than the regular one - I loathe pink). I'm only after a Lucky Egg.

Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:29 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

chansey flees all the time!!!.................dumb chansey.............. :mad:

Really? Firstly I throw a bait at the chansey. She eats that bait. After that i throw the safari ball and CHANSEY WAS CAUGHT!

For me it's not that hard.

-psynvrn, 2008

Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:41 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Really? Firstly I throw a bait at the chansey. She eats that bait. After that i throw the safari ball and CHANSEY WAS CAUGHT!

For me it's not that hard.

Then you're seriously lucky, because most of the time it goes like this:
I threw a Safari Ball!
Chansey Wasn't caught!
Chansey Fled!
And a Bait actually makes pokemon harder to catch, BTW. The best strategy is to just throw the ball.

Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:09 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

...most of the time it goes like this:
I threw a Safari Ball!
Chansey Wasn't caught!
Chansey Fled!

You said it... I seem to notice on my searches for a Lucky Egg that I seem to catch one in every ten or so {chansey} that I see in the Safari Zone. And odds are that they'll flee after your first failed attempt to get them in a Safari Ball - in fact, even if you throw Bait, they'll probably flee instead of eating it.

Nonetheless, I'll keep searching until I find that elusive Lucky Egg...

Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:31 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

or you could buy colosseum. you can get a lucky egg there.

Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:11 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

weird... when i move i cant find ANY. but when i stay still i found 3 in a row. and more... the more wasnt in a row tho. but for some reason i get 3 in a row often... but my trick is to throw bait like 3 or 4 times. the throw a poke ball. then do that over and over til its caught. always works for me. unless it flees right away when i first do anything. but they're ALWAYS lvl30 :? i didnt see any other lvl... hm. idk if that will help for anyone

Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:23 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

really? where do you get the Lucky Egg?

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:48 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

whats a lucky egg?? does it have anything to do w. chansey???

Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:43 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

It is not Colosseum, it is XD, and I have a rather easy time catching my Chanseys, as I only hunt them in Diamond and Pearl, and they don't run. There have been a few instances where I have found some in the Safari Zone, and most of the times they run, but I have caught a few, but I have found Heracross to be equaly annoying to capture in Hoenn.

As for getting the Lucky Egg in XD, here is a guide to it.

Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:27 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

whats a lucky egg?? does it have anything to do w. chansey???

See above posts, espeon_girl.

Lucky Eggs boost your EXP points (just like trading your Pokemon), so they make raising Pokemon much easier. In FireRed and LeafGreen, they can only be found with wild Chansey, as a held item.

But as Chansey can only be found in the Safari Zone with a 4% maximum encounter rate and a high frequency of escape, and the odds of any Chansey holding a Lucky Egg are only 5%, these EXP-boosters are notoriously hard to get your paws on. It's worth it, though, once you get your Lucky Egg into an Emerald game and create several clones of it...

Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:58 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I've only caught 2 Chanseys, and I went into the Safari Zone a bazillion of times.

I wasn't doing the infinite time trick, and I was in the right area.

Maybe it's how your game was coded? o3o

Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:34 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I don't know if this works all the time (it works for tauros too aleast om mine) For the ones that run use the bait and with in two balls it should be caught. and for the lucky egg it can be traded over from XD and is given to you after you do some thing for this old man.

Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:50 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Chansey's don't like me, I've never caught a one. But I do have an almost fool-proof tatic that caught me a few rare Pokemon (Venemoth, Tauros, etc.)

Yokou threw the BAIT!
Wild POKEMON is eating!
Yokou threw a ROCK!
Wld POKEMON is angry!
Yokou threw the BAIT!
Wild POKEMON is eating!
Yokou threw a SAFARI BALL!
Gotcha! Wild POKEMON was caught!
^
| |
| |

It's simple, but effective 8-)

^^^spongedude made this. He is AWESOME!!

Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:11 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

chancey is one of the hardest pokemon to get

Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:06 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

not really. {tauros} and {kangaskhan} are just as bad.

You Jump Off The Bridge, Then Ima miss your Sorry Butt

Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:12 pm
Profile WWW
Fails at life
Fails at life

I agree with Dark Zangoose about Kanghaskan and Tauros, but ya, there is NOT a secret to catching Chansey. I guess Nintendo wanted to make it a bit more "realistic" seeing as there Pokedex entry says the are quick to flee. Luckily I have DP. making the Lucky-egg-o-mania easier, because I just got a lucky egg!

Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:37 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

is there any way to catch a chansey upon meeting one, because they flee so quickly that it seems impossible.

Also I really wish GSC could trade with LG.

Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:37 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

The Catch Rate of a Chansey is only 30, and this means that the chance of catching it is like a Lv.70 legendary pokemon with 1 hp left using an Ultra ball.
Statistically, a Safari Ball=Great ball. I read on one catching topic that catching a pokemon in the safari is like throwing a great ball at a full health pokemon.
I believe Catch Rates and the formula for it are available in the Psylab.

TIP: Bring a pokemon with the COMPOUND EYES ability and your chance of the pokemon having a Hold item will double. Finding a chansey w/ Lucky egg jumps to 10%. This is the Freezing rate in battles. (just a heads up!)

Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:36 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next