It is currently Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Tough-to-find-Pokemon Discussion (Read the first post) 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

I haved seen alot of threads on pokemon that are hard to get...legends, feebas, etc.
Discussion as to your stories of finding them, tactics, and maybe experiments are fine to talk about However, under NO CIRCUMSTANCES MAY YOU TALK ABOUT MOVESETS!!!

Feebas and Milotic:
The Feebas guide on psypokes can be found here: http://www.psypokes.com/rs/feebas.php
The Pamtre and Spelon Berries (Which makes the wonderful pokeblocks for it and increase Beauty by 50), can be attained by talking to the berry master's wife. The pamtre berry after the elites. the Spelon before.
http://www.psypokes.com/rs/berrystats.php?id=32 for the Pamtre Berry
http://www.psypokes.com/rs/berrystats.php?id=31 for the Spelon Berry (also good)

Legends
Jirachi
It has been talked about ALOT, lately. The availability of Jirachi, by going to the Space Center. This is only HALF-TRUE. Yes, it is available in emerald, but only the JAPNESE VERSION!!!!!!!
If you somehow acquire the Japanese version, here's what you do...
1.) Beat the E4 and get the National Dex
2.) Play the game for 498 hours. Now, go to the Space Center, and speak with everyone. The one who tells you how many successful launches should tell you there have been 99.
3.) On the 100th hour, speak to the man again. He will ask you if you wish to go to space. Say yes. You will then be taken to space.
4.) A battle with Jirachi will ensue.

There is always the Colluseum bonus disk for Americans....

Deoxys, Jirachi, Cheating, and the BadEgg of Ruby and Sapphire
To make this clear, I am not reccomending that you use a cheating device, but if you do, here's the story. If you shark deoxys and jirachi, you will get them. However, a glitch known as bad egg will appear. It will never hatch, and has a weird moveset. It was inserted to punish those who cheat for rare pokemon.

Lati@s (Latios and Latias)
Their paths are unpredictable. It is recomended that you lead with wobbufet, or that you use your master ball. If playing Ruby, then you get Latios. If Sapphire, Latias. Not much, just discuss them.

Cheating!
Not much, don't give out codes. FYI, it is considered safer to shark the ticket/event, and capture, as opposed to just having the next battle be with the legend.

Discuss Away. I will update this page as neccesary.

Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:38 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Schmeh, I don't have a bunch of good stories, I get most of my Legendaries from my pal and Nintendo events.

The best stories I have to tell are about my three Legendary Birds.

To ruin the order, Moltres first. When I faced him, I started off with Raichu's Thunder. Moltres got in an Endure right before my Thunder, and so it was left with exactly 1HP (because the "Endured the hit" message came up). Looking back, that was incredible luck, both Moltres selecting that particular move, and Thunder connecting. Afterwards, I paralyzed him and used up most of my Ultra Balls capturing him.

Zapdos was freaky. I used Marowak to knock him down to 1HP, then I paralyzed him in the traditional manner. Then, if my memory isn't completely shot, I got him with the first Ultra Ball. Or it might have been the first five, I'm not sure.

Articuno was murder. I must have tried at least five times to capture him, but all my Pokemon would be fainted, or I'd run out of Balls. I got him eventually, though!

Finally, how do you know that the Emerald Jirachi glitch actually works?

Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:13 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Peanut-Lover wrote:
Jirachi
It has been talked about ALOT, lately. The availability of Jirachi, by going to the Space Center. This is only HALF-TRUE. Yes, it is available in emerald, but only the JAPNESE VERSION!!!!!!!
If you somehow acquire the Japanese version, here's what you do...
1.) Beat the E4 and get the National Dex
2.) Play the game for 498 hours. Now, go to the Space Center, and speak with everyone. The one who tells you how many successful launches should tell you there have been 99.
3.) On the 100th hour, speak to the man again. He will ask you if you wish to go to space. Say yes. You will then be taken to space.
4.) A battle with Jirachi will ensue.

There is always the Colluseum bonus disk for Americans....

GQ, if you are talking about the "Emerald Jirachi Glitch" I quoted, Peanut-Lover said it is only available in the Japanese version.

Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:17 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Yes, I saw that he said "Japanese Version", what I'm asking is, how does he know that it works on the Japanese version? Has he seen a video of it? Has he actually done it himself, or is he simply going by word-of-mouth or the Internet?

Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:32 am
Profile WWW
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

The "Emerald Jirachi Glitch" I got off of other, very reliable sites (several had the same thing).

And, I have heard that moltres is the hardest to get, as it breaks out of the pokeball almost every time. I have no clue why.

Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:32 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Schmeh, Moltres was easy compared to Articuno.

I have a new story to add. FEEBAAAAAAS!

My friend and I are working on getting a full Hoenn Dex so we can get a Cyndaquil. Presently, we just need Cradily, Salamence, Slaking, Donphan, Pinsir, Glalie, Sealo and Walrein to complete it. But that's a different story.

So, I was in charge of searching for Feebas. I used the traditional method of move, fish, run and repeat to search about three lines of water. I was beggining to go a little mental when one of those little fishies reared it's head. I was a little amazed, and I knocked it down to 1HP and caught it with a single Ultra Ball. I got a second one for my pal's game as well.

Anyway, I then spent a good hour mixing for Dry Pokeblocks. God, I never want to see another Berry Mixer again... Finally, I maxed Feebas' beauty, and *poof* Instant Milotic!

She's now languishing in a box somewhere, for when I actually can feel bothered enough to enter a contest.

Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:08 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

My hard to find Pokemon was...

Chimecho!

I knew of its existence thanks to the anime, but to be honest I didn't know anything else. I was EV training and the little munchkin appeared, I lobbed an Ultra Ball and *poof* t'was gone! I didn't think much of it until I discovered people's problems with finding it, so I just sit there, smiling.

My other was...

Suicune!

I was going through the process of batlting the Elite Four numerous amounts of times on FireRed so as to gain money and raise my Charmeleon that I had recently EV trained. Foolish though it was, I hadn't bothered to have a Pokemon with Fly in my team, so I had to walk up route 1, cursing all of the way. Then the screen started doing the whole I'm-going-to-start-flashing-then-black-out-to-make-you-swear-at-your-bad-luck, and I was bracing myself to murder a little Pidgey, and who do I see? The North Wind itself.

Master Ball. *Poof.* Wiggle-wiggle. Wiggle-wiggle. Wiggle-wiggle. Dah dah dah. de de de de de de daaaaaah!

I was most pleased with my luck.

Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:12 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Ob, I love the way you told that story about Suicune :D

Leshee...
Chimecho- I'd just beat the crud out of Team Aqua at Pyre, and I thought 'what the hey, I'll look for a Chimecho.' So I walked into the grass, an encounter popped up and it was Chimecho. Battled it, caught it, no problem.

I've never seen one since.

Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:20 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I remember once, I was searching on my Emerald for a seedot. Since it has only a 1% chance of seeing it, it had taken about an hour to find one. Finally, I got the

*blinky-blinky*
Wild SEEDOT appeared!

I took great care to make sure it didnt faint. I managed to catch it, and was walking out of the grass when...

*blinky-blinky*
Wild SEEDOT appeared!

I couldnt believe it. But, I just ran, and headed to Petalburg (this was really early in the game). But on my way,

*blinky-blinky*
Wild SEEDOT appeared!

I just stared. I spent an hour looking for one Seedot, and then I see three in a row. I ran, and walked away. Then...

*blinky-blinky*
Wild LOTAD appeared!

Lol. Suspense

Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:00 am
blah blah blah

I tried for days trying to catch a feebas but I had no luck. I kept looking at diffrent web sites on how to find it. Then I found out about the 6 tiles and the trendy phrase. Then I kept putting any trend with the word Feebas in it. Then I kept fishing and fishing and still couldn't find it. I fished for like an hour and then I was so happy when it finally showed up at level 23. I knew i would ohko it if i attacked it so I just kept throwing timer balls and I eventually caught it.

Evolving to get Milotic

After I caught the little thing I kept leveling it up until level 50. I knew that you had to max the beauty but i didn't know the level it evolved so that was just to be safe. Then I kept trying all kinds of diffrent pokeblock and used a rare candy and I couldn't believe my eyes when it said what feebas is evolving. From then on Milotic has been my favorite pokemon.

Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:35 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

hey guys, i have a story that is pure luck...and thats really kind of lame.

okay here i was on my emerald version trying to get rayquaza, i just saved roght in front of him and then i noticed i only had 1 normal poke ball...right after i started the battle, then i through the poke ball and the next thing i knew was that i caght rayquaza in 1 poke ball without doing anything to it......(told ya it was lame)

Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:07 pm
blah blah blah

It's really hard to believe but it's pretty funny.

Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:32 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

The hardest one to catch was Chimecho for me. I searched in the grass for 2 hours, and finally encountered one. I used my Sceptile's False Swipe and it had just 1HP left. Then I used an UltraBall, but I wasn't that lucky. Later I used 4 GreatBalls but I was out of luck.

Can you believe it? It's true.

The Jonatron wrote:
Xatu Unlickely this guy wont get powered.

Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:12 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I was trying to catch rayquaza i had only one pokemon left my sceptile.and then i thre 500 ultra balls and no lukc and rayquaza was like using struggle. and he had 1 hp and i threw a dive ball and cought him:)

Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:48 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unfortunately, I have seen a lot of topics about tough to find pokemon. Instead of having 10 topics on each pokemon, just use this topic. It may grow by 10 pages a week, but some questions may already be answered. READ THE FIRST POST PLEASE!!!

Discuss away

Thank you, Frsot, and whoever cleared out hoenn, for leaving this topic

Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:02 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

latios:
one night i wanted to hunt latios so i said"im going to lvl up my {wobbuffet} so i did the elite 4 (lvl27-35) and took a good sleep.
next night i started at the weather place, and then he was in the area.
i did the following:
latios used luster purge
*poow pow*
its not very efective...
wobbuffet used mirror coat.(health went into the yellow barly.)
throw ultra ball
*tick* pow its out (continued several times(some were come out first try))
5mins later
zak thrown an ultra ball
*tick.....tick,tick tick

congratulations!
latios was caught! .......

Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]