It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 contests and portraits 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

i heard that you can get a portrait of a pokemon in the lilycove museum if it won a master rank contest. anyway, i won a master rank beauty contest with my milotic and there is no picture there. a guy says something a bit mysterious about wanting to get pictures from an artist or something.

actually my milotic won a second master beauty contest and i got a luxury ball this time - so, im also wondering what other prizes you can get.

can anyone help with these questions? and im very sorry if there is another similar post.

Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:03 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: Arising from my frozen state of death to curse you!
Have you get to the basement of the art muesuem yet? If you hadn't, I don't think its possible to have the artist to draw your Pokémon for the basement. And you can only get Luxury balls as prizes.

The cold-blooded Latias expert in Asia with powers over the stars.

80d10302

Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:40 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

I know how to get portraits in the Museum. I got 3 portraits there on my Sapphire before I decided to start over the game (call me a dumb-ass!). Follow this step-by-step process:

1. Talk to the museum curator in Lilycove City.
2. Win a Master Rank contest and make sure your heart meter (in the Appeal phase) is all the way at the top.
3. Upon winning, you will receive the Master Rank Ribbon (or a Luxury Ball if you already have the ribbon), and a painter will immediately come up to you, paint a pretty picture, then put it into the museum.

I got the Cool (has a black and white background with Plusle), the Beauty (rainbow background with Castform), and Tough (forgot the background, with Registeel).
The background doesn't really have those Pokemon; those are just the ones I executed pwnage with. Smart apparently is the hardest to get, but my brother's Pokemon (now with me because he gave up Pokemon) can win Master Rank Smart with no trouble. HAHA!!

Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:36 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

2. Win a Master Rank contest and make sure your heart meter (in the Appeal phase) is all the way at the top.

ok, when i won it was the first round that helped me get to the top, since i didnt get the meter up to full just from appealing. oh well, back to the drawing board ;)

Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:30 pm
Illiterate
Illiterate

You dont need max hearths, just more than five.

In nomine....Diabulus et...Belial, Satan, Astharoth, Lucifer et Yahve.

Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:09 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

You dont need max hearths, just more than five.

oh, ok. i think i got 4 last time, but didnt win. a wobbuffet kept getting the audience going, and i never got into the right position! i guess its all about luck. im using hail/blizzard combo, and my other moves are hydro pump and hyper beam (i think). i only use hyper beam on the last turn if im near the end of the queue and wouldnt be getting the audience bonus. maybe i should change hp and hb to surf and dive - i think they are a combo. but is dive a beauty move?

Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:45 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

80d10302

Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:07 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

not to worry, i won the beauty contest with milotic with these moves: hail, blizzard, hail, blizzard, hydro pump. i also won cute with snorlax (rest, snore, rest, snore, yawn) and cool with swellow (double team, quick attack, arial ace, double team, quick attack). now i have 3 portraits in the gallery. i think my problem before was that i hadnt talked to the museum curator guy. or maybe i just didnt have 5 stars when i won.

Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:41 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yep you need to talk to the Museum Artist before going into the contest and winning

Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:12 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: Searching for the place all the Abra teleport to. I'm going to crash their party.
UMMMMMMM does anyone know if you get any "special prize" for getting all the portraits filled? Cuz if there isn't, I just can't get motivated to win contests....

Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:33 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

The Glass Ornament. It is a secret base item

80d10302

Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:16 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

ok ive got them all now. for the others i used:

smart: alakazam
1. calm mind
2. psychic / future sight
3. calm mind
4. psychic / future sight
5. future sight / psychic.

on moves 2,4,5 i just did whichever move was appropriate based on where i was in the queue. eg, there is no point trying to startle the others if youre first in line. this always seemed to win really easily, but maybe there was some luck involved. ive heard people say that smart is hard to win.

tough: blissey
1. softboiled
2. egg bomb
3. softboiled
4. egg bomb
5. pound/double edge

softboiled and egg bomb is a combo (even though softboiled is a beauty move its still 4 stars). and i usually only did double edge if i thought i could get away with it, or was really desparate for some extra points in the final round. it took me three tries to win with this one. actually i won once but without enough stars to get the portrait.

so i have 5 portraits now, a glass sculpture, and a nice silver trainers card. all i need to get gold is to get the gold symbols for the battle arena and factory. but that is proving rather difficult unfortunately.......

Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:13 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Woah, Glass ornament? Ok gonna do that then... after FEEBAS :@

Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:02 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

This same problem has been bothering me lately, and I was wodering how you got the portaits into the museum. I had a beautifly win the master rank beauty contest (redundent much?) but I guess I didn't have the stars to get the portrait... Because though I see the picture up on the wall in the contest building, I couldn't get the painter to give it to me, or sketch another one with the contest winner in my party or anything.

Thanks for all the pointers, and pokemon/move sets to win the contests in above posts. I guess it's time to berry blend...

Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]