It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 quick feet 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

ok, from the psydex i was under the impression that the quick feet ability is supposed to double speed when there is a status ailment. but now that im testing out my ursaring i see that even after the toxic orb poinsons him, he still gets outsped by my dugtrio. i EV'ed my ursaring to 200 speed, and my duggy has 372. so it cant be double (i tried it 3 times too). this really sucks :evil: it took me ages to get that ursaring! and now its max speed looks like it will be something like 314 (after i reshuffle EVs a little - i left 40 for HP, figuring that double 200 was 400 which should be enough). so does anyone know the real truth? im assuming it should be x1.5 rather than double?

Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:35 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

You're right, Quick Feet adds 50% of its speed onto the total. So, your Ursaring's Speed would be 250.

However, I think a Guts Ursaring on a Trick Room team would be better than a QFeet one. I mean, Toxic/Flame Orb makes Facade monstrous, and if you already have Trick Room set up, then you're possibly going to be sweeping a fair old number of Pokes with just Facade alone. COming off 130 Atk (?) I think that's pretty damn good. Better than 250 Speed one with no Atk boost in my opinion.

"Play with fire and expect to be burned."

Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:01 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

You're right, Quick Feet adds 50% of its speed onto the total. So, your Ursaring's Speed would be 250.

You mean 300, right? (200 * 1.5 = 300. 200 * 1.25=250)

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:28 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

yeah, its 300 not 250. which is not bad, but not great. after swords dance (first turn to let toxic orb kick in) it can 2HKO an untrained skarmory very easily with facade - would at least go a long way against a fully trained skarm. but yeah, im really annoyed that i read that info on psypoke, bred to get a perfect ursaring, EV trained it, and then found out the info was wrong. its been pretty accurate in every other respect, but that was just a waste of time. now that i think about it, jolly good get up to about 344, but its still not as fast as max speed timid gengar. man, swift swim doubles speed, why not quick feet? :evil: :evil: :evil:

Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:12 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

man, swift swim doubles speed, why not quick feet? :evil: :evil: :evil:

Because nintendo hates you and wants you to fail.

Still, if you have LOTS of berrys, you may be able to salvage something from this.

Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:40 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Adamant quick feet Usaring with max evs/ivs gets to 418 speed. Jolly is 458.

I don't know what's making everyone think it's only 1.5, every internet source seems to agree that it's double.

Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:52 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

empirical evidence. i was checking about the amounts of damage mine could do to some of my own pokemon (using two DS's and games). and my dugtrio outran my ursaring every time. the dugtrio had 372 speed, the ursaring had 200 (i only cared about it getting to 400, which is enough to outpace max speed jolly/timid base 130) and was poisoned. i dont care what any internet source says, because if its double, then why did that happen?

Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:56 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

empirical evidence. i was checking about the amounts of damage mine could do to some of my own pokemon (using two DS's and games). and my dugtrio outran my ursaring every time. the dugtrio had 372 speed, the ursaring had 200 (i only cared about it getting to 400, which is enough to outpace max speed jolly/timid base 130) and was poisoned. i dont care what any internet source says, because if its double, then why did that happen?
Well, if the rest of the world is misguided, wouldn't you say further exploration is necessary?

Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:58 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

ok, ive finally got around to testing this. here is the result of my "further exploration". my ursaring is level 50 and has 102 speed. i hunted around in my boxes and found:

latias, level 50, speed 152. groudon, level 74, speed 154.

if my claim is right, when ursaring is poisoned (or burned) his speed would be 102 x 1.5 = 153. so i took those pokes into a double battle. obviously they both outsped him before he was poisoned. but i found that once he was poisoned, he outsped latias but not groudon. i think thats conclusive proof, dont you think? (not that what i reported before about the dugtrio isnt enough proof.)

and just out of interest, in my battles, i also discovered that with two swords dances, my level 50 ursaring was able to OHKO the level 74 groudon (untrained - only rare candies to get its speed to 154) with facade - lol!!! and in a level 100 battle, facade did just over 50% damage to a max HP max def skarmory. wow!! pity its speed doesnt double.

so, does anyone disagree with me still? :wink:

Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:09 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I was under the impression that Quick Feet was like a backup plan if you get paralyzed. You know, so your speed doesn't suffer too much.

I think what we're all dying to know is:
How did the Ursaring hold up against Groudon & Latias attacks?

Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:20 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

ok, ive finally got around to testing this. here is the result of my "further exploration". my ursaring is level 50 and has 102 speed. i hunted around in my boxes and found:

latias, level 50, speed 152. groudon, level 74, speed 154.

if my claim is right, when ursaring is poisoned (or burned) his speed would be 102 x 1.5 = 153. so i took those pokes into a double battle. obviously they both outsped him before he was poisoned. but i found that once he was poisoned, he outsped latias but not groudon. i think thats conclusive proof, dont you think? (not that what i reported before about the dugtrio isnt enough proof.)

and just out of interest, in my battles, i also discovered that with two swords dances, my level 50 ursaring was able to OHKO the level 74 groudon (untrained - only rare candies to get its speed to 154) with facade - lol!!! and in a level 100 battle, facade did just over 50% damage to a max HP max def skarmory. wow!! pity its speed doesnt double.

so, does anyone disagree with me still? :wink:
Very interesting^^

That's a great find, it's just silly how many ability errors there are, like did you know that Solid rock reduces damage by 25%?

Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:43 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

yeah, i read that about solid rock on psypoke just the other day. but im pretty sure i remember reading (on psypoke) in the past that it was by 33%.

another one was i read that guard swap (the move) swaps def and sp def stats with the target (as opposed to def and sp def stat changes). i had devised an awesome plan of starting a double battle with mewtwo and shuckle - mewtwo uses graud swap on shuckle. then you switch shuckle for blissey and mewtwo uses guard swap on her. the blissey has all its EVs in HP and special attack and it will end up with the following stats:

HP: 714
Att: 25
Def: 614
Sp Att: 273
Sp Def: 559
Spd: 146

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: imagine that after a couple of calm minds.

but yeah, that was more misinformation (from psypokes early guesses at the translation of the japanese descriptions i think).

and yes i think it is a "great find" in one sense - we are now able to correct everynoe's misconceptions - but in a more real sense, im really annoyed!! i had to hatch so many eggs until i got a teddiursa with perfect speed and attack, and now it doesnt even work :evil: :evil: :evil:

i guess a paralysed ursaring with guts on a trick room team would be the best bet. brave nature, 0 speed EVs and IVs, max attack almost 600 with guts, facade going to a base 210 damage with guts and paralysis. hahahaha!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

missingno - i didnt see how it fared against the others' attacks. groudon would almost certainly KO'ed it with earthquake seeing as it was level 74 vs 50. latias is a different story - they were both level 50. latias has good special attack, but ursaring has decent defenses - base 75 for both, and bnase 90 hp (mine has i think IVs of 27 in both defenses but only 3 in HP which is why i gave it the "spare" speed EVs i "didnt need"). maybe ill breed a jolly one. at least it can get up to about 345 with poison - almost enough to beat max speed gengar.

Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]