It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 MYSTERY DUNGEON 2 CONFIRMED! 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

The coro coro magazine has confimed that a new game, a pokemon mystery dungeon sequel is in production!

EVERYONE REJOICE! :D

Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:04 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I didn't like the MD game. It got too boring too quickly. The concept is interesting, but the way it was delivered really sucked. I hope this isn't the game that CoroCoro will announce on April 14th.

Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:08 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

what could really be the point i wonder? unless it could somehow trade with RSE etc i dont think i would be interested. maybe theyre making it easier to do things like purity forest? or maybe theyre making it impossible to learn duplicates of moves (to get rid of the frustration trick)? who knows......

Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:59 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

The point would be to add 4th generation pokemon...
I have been wondering that for a while... if it comes out in GBA too, then my dream comes true!! (or what I want comes true...LOL)

at this gmae, I hope for BETTER story and more emotional feel to it at most parts of game... really, the Skarmony was a filler in my opinion....

and if possible, I think the new starters would apply to the game.... possibly a WHOLE new set of questionaires (man...) and more gender variation

would there be shiny? I don't recommend, what if your pokemon kill and shiny pokemon or you don't have the location to recruit a shiny one? not a good idea

Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:00 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

All right! This Mystery Dungeon game positively rocks! Sure it's hard but that's part of the challenge. I'd really like to go into dungeons executing pure pwnage with Dialga or better yet, Arceus!

Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:18 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:42 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Waste of money.

Too true :D
I just play on the comp(if you know what i mean)

Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:31 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

You can be any pokemon I think. Thats the only plus to this game.

Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:12 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I doubt it would be any pokemon from the beginning, Some such as Magikarp would be too hard and some like Mewtwo, etc. would be too easy.

Though while I don't think MD needed a sequel, I'd like to see some things improved.

Gender variation- I hated how Attract stopped every pokemon. (What's with Infatuation being worse than Sleep and Paralysis anyhow?)
And I want a Male Eevee.

Shinies would be a yes, but only if they give you some better way to recruit instead of defeating and a random chance.

Friend Areas - No, I want to be able to have more than 3 Metagross, etc. sometimes you know.. They ought to just give you like 100 friend areas each holding 50- 100 pokemon and whoever you recruit can go in any by your choice.. (Sort of like the storage system for other games)

Items - Some items I think could be improved (Such as Bands, Scarves, etc.) I want to see difference in the icon for them as well.
And when the item is attached, I think you should be able to see it on the actual pokemon. (Like a Blue Scarf would be wrapped around a pokemon when that pokemon has a Beauty Scarf attached)

I would also like to see the Toolbox upgraded throughout the game to hold more items and eventually have multiples of items stored in it like the other pokemon games. (I.e Red Gummi x 5)

Moves - Definitely need fixing, Tackle does as much damage as Fire Blast for crying out loud.. Why not bring the Base damages back?

As for DP pokemon, I honestly don't care nor want them, they don't impress at all, I was fine with there being only 151 to be honest.. (True Latias/Latios and Umbreon/Espeon wouldn't exist, but still, I dislike most of them, about 95% of Johto and up)

Dungeons - Better ones, more variety as well, I hate how we had like 10 Water ones that were exactly the same.

A Space one for Deoxys would be interesting (Hey, have Jigglypuff, Clefairy, etc. there), better than just some stupid cave like they used this time.

I'm also against adding EVs and DVs to this game, I'm fine with my 999HP pokemon with 255 stats for everything.

Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:08 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Post K.P
definetly needs to add mini games to this sry pokemon but yeah did get boring. Oh and i hate it so much that my lv 90 something pokemon can LV up faster then a MAGIKARP! i been carrying that thing around for a while now and it is only at LV 6... i want gyarados.
Oh i did like the story they had on #1

Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:16 am
Profile YIM
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:08 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well it will probably have the new pokemon in it but i am worried about a few things
1. Level 1 dungeons: come on it was hard enough the 1st time what will they do with it now?
2. the plot: we already know how you were turned into a pokemon
what are they going to do with that?
3. The new pokemon how will they fit all of them into a good game without making it suck

But it sounds really awsome, Mystery dungeon was a great game and I actually started crying on the last part so they may do something more dramatic or it could be really stupid who knows we'll just have to see

Edit: I do agree about that deoxys cave thing It should have been in space. the game will probly involve either palkia and dialga,
giratina and arusues,shiemi and darkrai, the legendary trio or the erm...other legendary trio heatran, cresilia...
[/quote]

Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:38 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

hopefully there will be a way to upload pokemon from the older versions. like how you can in D/P from RSE/FRLG.

Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:55 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

hopefully there will be a way to upload pokemon from the older versions. like how you can in D/P from RSE/FRLG.

Maybe like from pokemon trozei, or the original, heck maybe even pokemon trozei 2. Maybe they will have you go turn up at the square 5 or 10 years later, and the former person cannot stop what you are supposed to stop. I could see then adding pokemon like Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Budew, Riolu, Buneary, Bonsly/Mime Jr./Munchlax ect. along with the old starters.

Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:21 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Great... Another waste of time and money. As Dark Phantom said the novelty of the game wore off too quickly. Its one of those games that you get bored of after a month and then a few months later pick it up, play it and then get bored again.

Plus... The storyline sucked.

Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:12 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Pmd was a RELIEF from the regular games!
You know, this game actually HAD a decent plot
unlike the
I got my starter
beat team whats their name and the elite 4 crud.
Edit: NEW RANK WOO

Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:46 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I thought this plot is pretty decent... look at the TRAINERS game, the basic outline is this:
get new pokemon,
fight gyms,
interact and confront evil teams in between that involves legendary pokemon,
fight elite 4,
and than you have access to breeding, trainer tower, and other stuff

quite simple, isn't it?
but this game is actually different!

Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:13 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I mean all the stats you must deal with and how all the generation games are basically the same
Mystery dungeon was fun because I wasnt able to beat it within one week
and it had a beautiful heartrending storyline.

Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:26 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: Looks like I'm gonna crash land on Planet Earth! Uh-oh! 99999999999 Psybucks
Cool! I love Mystery Dungeon, I can't wait for a sequel, as I've pretty much completed it...

=DImageImage

Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:56 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Yes it was a very good game I wonder when It is comming out?

Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:00 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i kinda got the thig on pc and ive seen all the clips of blue one from youtube and it rocks and i really like pokemon games so this one rocks

Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:44 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I loved Mystery Dungeon, but I don't think I would buy a sequel unless these conditions were attended:

~ No DVs, no EVs, no whateverVs the battle games have, that I don't understand and don't want to bother to learn about.

~ Connection to Pearl / Diamond, enabling the player to trade their Pokémon from MD2 to PD. Well, somehow. It would be sweet.

~ Base damage, as RL said.

~ Improving the Toolbox with more space for more items.

~ Every single 8694895784398 <s>Digimon</s> Pokémon created so far available.

~ A name-rater, for God's sake. x(

There we go. =/

Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:18 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I can't w8 for the sequel man

i hope it has the sinnoh pokemon now

Looking for Palkia LV.40 and Palkia's orb in D/P my friend code can be seen on my tc.PM if interested

Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:12 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I like MD because it has a great storyline, but the story ends, how do they plan on continuing it?
MD is a good game because it's challenging, it takes a while to complete, unlike Emerald which took me 2 weeks or my Ratchet: Gladiator which took a day to complete.
I hope MD2 is as good as MD in storyline and challengingnus (:|) and has all 493 pokemon.

Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:28 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I love MD, it had a great storyline, and I dropped a few tears when I was a fugitive, and at the end. Also, they look awesome in movement, because the most movement in the other game boy ones is when a pokemon is sent out in crystal or emerald, it moves a little, and awkwardly, too. I think this game is gonna rock :mrgreen:

Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:57 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next