Is Phione a Legendary? 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i reckon manfy is a legend, and fione is deformed!!! (just jokes) :D

Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:45 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Weird Kid wrote:
Well if legendarys can't breed then Manaphy isn't a legendary.

Well, what defines a legendary? I always thought it was a one-of-a-kind Pokemon, but in the anime, Lugia had a child, so does that mean it isn't a legendary? 0__o

In pokemon movie (latios & latias) there is like ten of each so yes legendaries can breed in anime...also from ranger, an entei is born when a volcano makes it's frist eruption, meaning that there are multiple ones...

Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:57 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

OK just to tell you guys right now the standing is that

60% legend
40% no legend

Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:30 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Well I mean in Emerald, you can get all 3 Regis yet The Battle Pyirimad has 3 Regis.
Therefore, there can be more than one legendary.

Not only that, Weird Kid, but {raikou}, {entei}, {suicune}, {articuno}, {zapdos}, {moltres}, {latios}, and {latias} are in the Frontier as well.

But before we ask whether or not Phione is a legend, we should ask whether or not Manaphy is a legend. And, of course, there needs to be some kind of definition. I draw up here a draft:

Legendary Pokemon are those Pokemon that possess extreme power. They are found in strange, deep, out-of-the-way places and grant any trainer who catches one a "novelty" of sorts for his collection and Pokedex.

This definition works either way (whether they reproduce or not). And yes {lugia} had a child in the anime (weird right after they showed Pokemon 2000). Phione would be just as legendary as Manaphy. Legends aren't hulking, either - look at {mew}, {celebi}, and {jirachi}.

But if I had to decide...
Yes, Fione and Manaphy are both legendaries, as Manaphy is obtainable only through a Pokemon Ranger mission, and Fione through Manaphy (somewhat like Regigigas through {regirock}, {regice}, and {registeel}.

*EDIT: BTW here's something else to consider: If Phione is not a legendary because it hatches from an egg, then neither does Manaphy because Manaphy also HATCHES from an EGG (using caps to express my point). Then, where did that egg come from, who is Manaphy's father...That routine of questions can go on forever. My theory about that is that all legendaries have to be born sometime, and Manaphy just didn't hatch yet - guess Arceus didn't count on a fluke (lol).

Last edited by DNA on Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:54 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Well to get Manaphy in Dp dont u need pkmn ranger game, if u have to go threw all the hustle of getting it an hatching it,i think that there can be an acception for on pkmn. In my eyes, Manaphy is a legend for for 2 reasons,1.It has a new movie coming out about it and that doesnt happen for any odd pkmn....

Yes, but Lucario has an upcoming film (with the return of Mew) and he isn't a legend. Considering, he also has a baby form (Rioru) as does Manaphy.

Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:02 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Okay, I know it said something about it earlier, but lets all take a step back from the anime.

The anime was based on the game, and are bound to get things wrong, or make up things to suit it. So let's leave them out of this.

Okay, have a read through this:

There is only one Mewtwo per game.
Mewtwo is considered a legendary for this reason.
You must perform a special event in order to get it (in this case, beating the Elite Four, etc.)
Mewtwo is a clone of Mew, and furthermore, is considered Mew's child (if you have a look at the diaries in Cinnabar, it says somethig along those lines.)

Thus, Mewtwo is a Legendary.

There is only one Fione per game:

Not true. If you have a Manaphy, you can get multiple Fiones. However, it is from just one Pokemon that you can get Fione (like the Latis, I believe)

You must perform a special event:

Yup, you have to get Manaphy on the cartridge.

Well, this shows that Fione is a legendary. And if you say about its crap stats, then that makes Pokemon like Alakazam and Slaking legendaries too. Mew and Celebi have base stats of 100 and they are legendaries, and yet some of their stats are surpassed by others.

And, like Mew2 comes from Mew, so Fione comes from Manaphy. We all consider Mew2 a legendary, so why not Fione?

"Play with fire and expect to be burned."

Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:05 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I focused on something that most of you guys ignored... I talking about that Every and All the legendaries have this "No Eggs" Breeding Group. If you have a look at Manaphy´s Breeding Group, you will find that it´s breeding group is "Gender Unknown" which means that it may be bred with a Ditto in order to get Phiones... now, if Phione was a Legendary, it would have this "No Eggs" group. Now, we get this more specified when we recall it that Phione cannot evolve into Manaphy (thus, it is not Baby either), yet, you breed Phione and u get more of them.

My theory (if any) is that I think that we find all these Legendary Pokémon UNBREEDABLE, if Manaphy and Phione are Breedable... then why would it be considered a Legendary?

"Team Seekers"

"I'm perhaps the least typical Ledian user you'll ever get to see in the whole OU" - AABM.

· Say, Orange looks better than gray, doesn't it?

Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:02 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Phione is a legendary. Look at how you get a Manaphy, you get it from an egg too. Pokemon Company is running out of ideas, so they try to get people to stay interested with improved graphics and complex ways to get many of the new pokemon.

Say a kid (kid A) who has not had any influence of the information that has been revealed about these games over the last three years, other than the limited amount of contact given to the public (movies, anime, video games, ect.)and he sees the Electivire and Magmotar of another kid (kid B) that has had his game longer, but these two kids are rivals, so naturally, kid A wants to get a better Electivire and Magmotar than kid B, so he tries and tries to find a way to get it, thus keeping his interest in the game longer.

You will notice that many of these pokemon have a more complex way of obtaining, such as

-location specific evolutions

-more trades requiring items

-gender specific evolution

-gender specific stone evolution

-level up with a specific move

-level up while holding specific items

-level up while holding a specific item at a certain time of day

-the completion of another game, then a code required to unlock a specific event to obtain an egg, then transferring the egg over to diamond or pearl, then hatching it, and finally breeding it to obtain the weakest legendary (I think that it is the weakest one).

Then the use of other games to catch pokemon holding some items needed for evolution, like putting fire red in the GBA slot to catch Elekids, who rarely hold the item electric boost, needed to evolve Electabuzz into Electivire, same with Magby and Happiny.

Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:11 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Manphy IS a legendary - it said on the pokemon website.
I think Phione is either a legendary or incredibly rare eg.Shiny Miloticish

Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:10 am
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

'Legendary' implies there is only one of it. However, once you have a Manaphy, you can make as many Phiones as you want.

Furthermore, 'Phione' can be derived from the word 'phony', given the fact that it can be mistaken for a Manaphy but really isn't.

Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:40 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Doesn't really matter. It's not like I'm standing right behind you with a knife...
Weird Kid wrote:
Well if legendarys can't breed then Manaphy isn't a legendary.
Manaphy is a legendary because because theirs only one manaphy. and that I didn't buy pokemon ranger for a comon pokemon!

Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:53 pm
Profile WWW
PROBATION
PROBATION

There is a lot of controversy and I just don't know.
But I did vote that Phione isn't a legendary.
But now my mind has changed!!!

We need more evidence to close this case.

Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3