It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Latias and Latios is their a method???? 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

is their a specific method to finding latias or latios the first time?

Moved to Hoenn Generation (nfield/10 Jan 2007): Latios and Latias are unique to RSE. Also, removed your little advertisement -- advertising is only to be done in avatars/signatures.

Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:20 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

1) go to a patch of grass (after beating the game).

2) save the game.

3) go into the grass until a pokemon appears. if its latios/latias then good. if not, turn off the game (without battling the pokemon), and try again.

this works without fail. it might take you a long time - it took me about half an hour. if you dont have a master ball, youd better have something that is quick and knows the move mean look, or it will escape.

Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:15 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

well, what I prefer to do is to have the "first encounter with them", which is purely by luck. Then I save the game, and check my pokedex. Go to the page for Lati you are catching, and it will have their location.

Next go to a building in your route, and go in, then go out. Then check your pokedex again. The Lati's location should have changed. Keep doing this until they are in your route. then, use a repel, and the only pokemon that will appear is the Lati. Run through the grass (or surf through the water or whatever)

The pokemon I like to use is a Sablye. I'm fairly certain that none of Latias's moves affect it, so use mean look. Then you're free to whittle down its HP into the catching zone. I'm not so sure about Latios though, and they might outrun your sablye, depending on its stats. Otherwise, any mean look pokemon would work. Hope I helped, good luck

Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:29 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I know of a way. I think I read this on Serebii, but it worked for me so I'll share.

You need a Wobbuffet in first place, as Shadow Tag will prevent fleeing. You also need your Master Ball, as this method relies on being able to catch it first encounter.

Save the game and go to somewhere with a small patch of grass. My spot of choice was the spot of grass between the flowerbed and the pond on Route 117.

Now, run around in the grass until you start to encounter Pokemon. Catch them, beat them, run from them- it doesn't matter.
If, after five or six encounters you haven't seen your Lati yet, then save your game, switch off and try again.

Repeat the process until your Lati shows up. I had to switch off and re-encounter Pokemon about seven times til my Lati showed up. Then it was just a case of throwing the Master Ball.

I've caught both Latis, on Ruby and Emerald, with this method, so I can say its safe and it works :)

Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:57 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

here is my method for catching lati@s without the masterball.

start with a high level and fast {umbreon} which knows the moves

mean look, double team, sand attack, and baton pass.

when lati@s appears, use mean look which fixes them there. then use double team 6 times and sand attack 6 times. this will render lati@s very inaccurate. then baton pass to something that knows false swipe. i recomend a shedinja (although if you could also paralise it that would be great - maybe shedinja can baton pass to something which knows thunderwave. i dont know if those movesets are possible). then use false swipe until lati@s has 1HP left. you can then safely throw ultra balls at it until you finally catch it. the only problem you could face is that it runs out of PP for its moves and starts to use struggle which would knock itself out with the recoil. but thats where all the sand attacks and double teams come in handy. (and yes, stuggle does hit shedinja!)

Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:17 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Sand Attack doesn't affect Lati@s .... They have levitate...

Pass to McSceptile, at least of modified form...

Sceptile @Leftovers
~Leaf Blade
~FalseSwipe <--Usually has Leech Seed
~Substitute
~HP Ice/Detect <--Usually has HP Ice

Attack with Leaf Blade and HP Ice (the less power, the better), the false swipe. Chuck ultra/timer balls. You could TossBall/Detect/TossBall if you wan =P

Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:02 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Sand Attack doesn't affect Lati@s .... They have levitate...

yes it does. and it works on flying pokemon too. i know its a ground move, but the only ground moves that dont work are the damaging ones - earthquake, magnitude, etc. ive caught rayquazas and lati@s like this. i have a level 100 shedinja with false swipe, and it usually only takes a couple of hits at most to get the down to 1HP.

please forgive me if im wrong by the way!! its been a long time since ive done this. im pretty sure it at least worked for rayquaza (and i was surprised too)

Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:41 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Ive been trying for a while now, and i find i can do it quicker by using the pokedex's tracking device, with this sometimes even 5 minutes it can be found with. Flase swipe i agree with, i traded a Scyther over from Fire Red and when my Groudon was a lower lvl i used mean look, and i found that a pokemon that has moves such as Yawn with it are VERY useful. I dont believe anybody has mentioned moves causing sleep. If they are asleep, they cant attack you at all and it subtracts quite a bit from their escape ratio. if your lucky enough to teach a pokemon mean look AND yawn or any other faster move that makes the enemy sleep, then id say you stand good chances if you have a good supply of ultra balls.

Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:03 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

in emerald when you chose your lati when you reach home which one is the top one and wich one is the bottom one cause i have an japanese emerald and i cant read thanks

Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:46 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

I have played totally 5 games in ruby and emerald. and I have caught latios/latias in only one place and that is near mosdeep city rout 126. you must try there too.

Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:01 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

if u buy a ton of max repels, then find a big patch of grass, use the max repel, then hop around on an acrobike until one shows up. (it took me 3 hours :mad: )

may {latios} rule the world!!

Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:54 am
blah blah blah

It took me 3 long years to get Latios on ruby. No masterball but I have them both cause I always start emerald over and over.

Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:00 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

deoxys65 wrote:
if u buy a ton of max repels, then find a big patch of grass, use the max repel, then hop around on an acrobike until one shows up. (it took me 3 hours :mad: )

may {latios} rule the world!!

At least it took you three hours. This method takes up 50 of my game hours and yet he won't appear.

Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:43 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

After trying to catch it just now, ive realised that it only changes areas when YOU change routes/cities. IF you fly, it will appear somewhere completely different, but change area and it stays nearby. I went to mauville. It was on the road to fortree above. So i went down and change routs into the slateport area and checked my pokedex. It had flown down onto my route. If you think right, you can trick it onto actually flying where you are.

EDIT:

Any other ideas than Wobbuffet?....Lati used this move called something 'Purge' and wiped my wobbuffet...he keeps escaping but he only has 1hp left...

Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:13 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

yes there is.

1) go to a patch of grass (after beating the game).

2) save the game.

3) go into the grass until a pokemon appears. if its latios/latias then good. if not, turn off the game (without battling the pokemon), and try again.

this works without fail. it might take you a long time - it took me about half an hour. if you dont have a master ball, youd better have something that is quick and knows the move mean look, or it will escape.
to add on to cuddles if you lost your master ball get a pokemon that knows false swipe and toxic

Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:00 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Yes there's a method and this is on make sure u beaten da elite 4

1)buy some max repel
2)Make sure you have masterball if you dont u need a pokemon that knows mean look,block,spider web and many more
3)Fly to foretree city then go 2 da weather intitute go inside and go outside
4)Use the max repel make sure da pokemon infront of ur team
5)then go to the tall grasses then 25 step there and if theres no Latios/Latias appeared go inside
6)do step 3-5 exept flying in foretree city

good luck

Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:17 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: somewhere i have no idea where... oh look thers a unicorn

get a friend to trade theres to you than trade back so you dont own one but its owned on the pokedex so you stay in verdanturf (my personal opinion you can go anywhere) check where is it on the pokedex and keep going in the day care and out and cheking on the dex until its there than go in the grass. :idea: :D 8-)

SHINY SHIFTRY
SHINY MIGHTYEENA
SHINY MEGANIUM
SHINY GOLDBAT
SHINY CROBAT
SHINY LATIOS - HACKED
SHINY GOLEM
SHINY HO - OH - HACKED
SHINY MILOTIC - HACKED
SHINY DARKRAI - 100 - HACKED
SHINY KYOGRE - MAKING 100 BUT AROUND 60 NOW - HACKED

IM NOT JOKING AND NOW LOOKING FOR MORE SHINY
STUFF

Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:03 am
PROBATION
PROBATION

[quote]in emerald when you chose your lati when you reach home which one is the top one and wich one is the bottom one cause i have an japanese emerald and i cant read thanks[/qoute]

Latios top latias bottom. I'm sure of it.

Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:23 am
blah blah blah

I bred dozens {feebas} trying to get a shiny {milotic} and then i was running by the place in the bottom of mt. pyre trying to hatch the eggs and then {latias} appeared. So you just have to be lucky. In case anybody wanted to know if it wasn't for {latias} I wouldn't have ever beat the battle dome and get my silver symbol.

Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:29 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Just caught Latios. It appears to work like this: Each time you move from a route to an adjacent route, Lati@s will do the same. Each time you move to a route that does not link, Lati@s will appear in a wholly random location. Note that certain buildings, such as the Weather Institute, are considered non-adjacent. As such, if you can get to the general location of Lati@s as indicated by the Pokedex, you're in decent shape to find it. Now comes the catching part. Naturally you don't want Zigzagoons and the like getting in the way, so several Max Repels are necessary. Repel works on any wild Pokemon of a level lower than the one at the top of your list. So you will want to head your team with something in the high 30s, with Shadow Tag or enough speed to pull off a Mean Look. That, or you use the Master Ball.

Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:32 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i tried listening to everyone never worked

after like 10 hours finally i found a way

get a pokemon under level 40 and use max repel
then go to the route left of the fortree city and go to the weather institute
use max repel then run around in the grass for like 10 seconds if he doesnt show up go back in the weather institute and repeat till u see him it worked for me

this works best just for seeing him for the first time
if u r going use a pokemon above level 40 dont use repel or it will repel lati@s

it worked for me fine hope it helps

Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:54 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

The most useful (but the hardest) method; having a ULTIMATE PKMN-CATCHING TEAM;

~ Train a Dusclops w/ Spite, Protect, Subsitute and Torment.
~ Train a Umbreon w/ Mean Look, BPass, Screech and Charm.
~ Train a Scizor w/ BPass, False Swipe, Sonicboom and Light Screen.
~ Train a Wobbuffet w/ Encore, Counter, Magic Coat and Safeguard.
~ Train a Crobat w/ Mean Look, Taunt, Protect and Sunny Day.
~ Train a Mawile w/ Sweet Scent, Sing, BPass and Fake Tears.

Have your Umbreon at the lead. Use Mean Look when you see her/him and use Screech and Charm 'till you can't use them anymore, than BPass to Scizor. With Scizor, use Light Screen first, Sonicboom a few times and FSwipe until his/her HP becomes 1; then BPass to Mawile. With Mawile, put him/her to sleep and use Fake Tears and SScent until you can't use them anymore. Then, BPass to Dusclops and use Torment-Protect combo. Use Spite if s/he manages to hit you, and start chucking Ultra/Timer Balls to him/her. Wobbuffet and Crobat are back-ups in case Lati@s kills any of you PKMN. To avoid this, train these PKMN to Lv50 or higher.

NOTE: Finding Lati@s is way hard. There are NO tricks to make them appear on any route, that part is PURE LUCK. The team I prefer is for catching Lati@s easily when you see him/her, especially if you don't want to waste your Master on Lati@s.

EDIT: I caught my Latias on Sapphire, Latios on Ruby, Suicune on FireRed, and Entei on LeafGreen with this method. I was lucky, as it took me 30 mins to find both :)

The Jonatron wrote:
Xatu Unlickely this guy wont get powered.

Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:36 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

To find one is hard but to catch one is harder. one way to catch it is to send a sableye with mean look so it won't fled then weeken it and then try using ultra balls. Only if you have no masterball.

Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:35 am
Profile ICQ
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i encountered once then used the pokedex to track down, but i met by random

Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:30 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

I think It's Random I made a mistake. In ruby I just found one in rout 117. sorry for wrong information before.

Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:54 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next