It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 The sixth pokemon? 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'm thinking of an Armaldo or Claydol for my team but I want an opinion from 'experts'.
Soo... here's my team:

Blaziken (hasty) (mixed sweeper)
- Thunderpunch
- Overheat
- Sky Uppercut
- Earthquake

Salamence (hasty) (physical sweeper)
- Flamethrower
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

Gardevoir (bold) (special sweeper)
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Double Team

Milotic (hardy) (sweeper tank)
- Ice beam
- Hydro Pump
- Refresh
- Recover

Vileplume (mild) (drainer)
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Aromatherapy
- Sleep Powder

6. ???????

Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:06 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

This is for pokemon emerald, btw

Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:15 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

;) try a gyrados :ugeek:

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Beiber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signiature.

Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:05 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

So, I'm not sure what context you're actually asking for. Are you trying to make it passed the Elite Four? Is this meant for the Battle Arena or one of the other battle areas? Or do you want to battle a friend with this team? Do you have some other goal in mind?

Let's see... working on the assumption that you just want an in-game team, and therefore, your only goal is to beat the E4. Going over your team so far:

Blaziken looks alright for an in game team. Thunderpunch kind of negates my assumed purpose, though.

Your Salamence is more specially oriented than it is physically, as of those moves, only Earthquake is physical in Gen III. You could do Adamant with Brick Break/Aerial Ace/EQ/(Double Edge/Return), and so on. Not much to choose from, unfortunately, but you could put Dragon Dance on it, if you were willing to breed.

Gardevoir looks alright; I prefer power and speed over bulk on her, personally. You could supplement her with Will-o-Wisp (bred from Banette) to improve your defense, though, and Calm Mind is always an option, but Double Team works just as well.

Milotic actually benefits from any status that it would be in the condition to use Refresh in, anyway, outside of Toxic poisoning, and Recover only helps her along. Aromatherapy on Vileplume only renders Refresh further moot anyway. Toxic might not be a bad idea.

Vileplume looks good as well. Moonlight may be something to consider.

-

Looking at this, and comparing it to the Elite Four, you shouldn't have much trouble with Sidney, or even Phoebe. Most of your pokemon shouldn't have much of an issue against Wallace either, although Salamence and Vileplume will want to watch for ice attacks, and Milotic should probably be wary of Ludicolo.

Glacia threatens three of your pokemon though, and Claydol would only bump that number up to four, but Armaldo may be able to put up something of a fight, assuming the water types don't get to it. Milotic could probably do a good job of stalling her out with Toxic, if you wanted to go that route, and Blaziken would work against the pair of glalies. Gardevoir should also be good with Thunderbolt and a decent amount of special bulk.

Drake, on the other hand, might be tricky, or he could be easy, depending on how you tried to match him up. It seems that he has individual counters to each of your pokemon, aside from Milotic, who would be doing most of the fighting anyway.

I would say that you could benefit from using an electric-type, such as Magneton, or an ice-type, such as Glalie or Regice.

Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:46 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

why not try an absol or a legendary such as rayquaza? :?:

Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:40 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

you need a water type like mudkip or any other strong pokemon :D

tihis means that dragons are always the answer
they will make the worldhave something it never had befor

peace
:):):):):):):):):):):)