It is currently Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 What'll be next? 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

In GSC we got held items.

In RSEFRLG we got abilities and natures.

What'll be added in D/P?

Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:49 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

We will never know... Until we know. lol.
I hope it will be awesome. 8)

Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:54 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ha, lets see...maybe they got rid of the annoying square system of walking? Maybe you can talk to the Pokemon? Maybe the lower versions (If they come out with a third version with P/D) will have the animations as well?

I don't know either ^_^

Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:10 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm personally hoping for mor useful and creative abilities

I mean some were alright but most were... bad

<center>

Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:32 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

This topic looks a lot like the sticky "What are you hoping for/looking forward to in P/D?".

I know they're actually different. This one's about random speculation, and the other one's about what you would like to see in the new games. But I'm afraid people won't be able to stick with the topic, they will eventually change the subject and post their opinions.

I'm just leaving this warning before it happens again (lol above post). Try not to go off-topic, people, or I'm afraid I'll have to lock this up.

Oh, and just one more thing. Replying with "lol i hav no idea" it's not a very inteligent comment to post. If you have nothing to add, then, just don't add anything at all, k? ;)

Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:47 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I guess the topic of this thread wasn't too clear.

What I meant by "What will be next?" is what will be added to make each pokemon unique. Held items and stat experience were in GSC. Natures and abilities were added in the advanced gen. What I'm curious about is what will be added to each individual pokemon's coding to make it different.

Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:17 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Hm. Maybe they'll be able to learn more than four moves and Pokemon can be different colors than usual...not alt colors galore, but slightly different shades...

Or they could choose to refuse to use a move if you just taught it to them, i.e. they don't want to use it...bah, I dunno.

Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:08 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Maybe you can distinguish the genders (not the "ew" way.)..
Or...maybe*curtain unfolds* Pokemon will have different sprites depending on thier nature! I.E. A..., ah, Relaxed Swampert would look like it doesnt care about life, and a Hasty, uhm, Manectric would be hyper. Dunno.

-Gardevoir~

EDIT: WHOAMG. U R ABLE TO TELL THE GENDERS. *shot for being correct for a change*

Last edited by Rhapsody on Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:21 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Pokemon will have different sprites depending on thier nature! I.E. A..., ah, Relaxed Swampert would look like it doesnt care about life, and a Hasty, uhm, Manectric would be hyper. Dunno.

-Gardevoir~

Thats actually a reeeaaally good idea randomly. Very nice. ^_^ Hehe a relaxed Snorlax, Oooh no change.

Hmmm... I also like the more than 4 move idea, but I dont want moves galore. Maybe 6 moves, and the new 2 can only be HM moves. Fwee.

Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:34 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Maybe we won't have the 'battle screen'! I wish that when we battle, it's like in anime.

Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:55 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Ghett0 wrote:
No, I'm not some 7 year old. I'm a 8-) cool 8-) nine year old.

{gyarados} [_] {electivire} [x] {swampert} [_]
{porygon-z} [x] {milotic} [x] {drifblim} [_]
</center>

Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:53 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Maybe the next thing they will add is Trainers with an IQ of over -5.
Or, I was pondering this before, maybe the Pokemon shall actually not sit there and watch sparks come out of nowhere, maybe, they will instead actually attack like in XD.

-Gardevoir~

Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:07 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Maybe we won't have the 'battle screen'! I wish that when we battle, it's like in anime.

Y'mean like just walking up, talking, and without changing screens, throwing a Pokeball and battling? That'd be so cool ^_^

What'd be nice is if you could see the wild Pokemon wandering around in the grass (Like Mew on Faraway Isle). That'd be helpful, as you'd know what Pokemon live there/you're going to battle...and maybe, just maybe, if they're shiny.

Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:23 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

What'd be nice is if you could see the wild Pokemon wandering around in the grass (Like Mew on Faraway Isle). That'd be helpful, as you'd know what Pokemon live there/you're going to battle...and maybe, just maybe, if they're shiny.

Sounds cool, but it would be rather chaotic as each grass patch would be full of Pokemon wandering around. Also, you lose that "randomness" of not knowing when and what Pokemon will pop up when you're in the tall grass.

Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:56 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Gardevoir1313 wrote:

Sounds cool, but it would be rather chaotic as each grass patch would be full of Pokemon wandering around. Also, you lose that "randomness" of not knowing when and what Pokemon will pop up when you're in the tall grass.

Yeah, you're right, but what I meant was a little Pokemon sprite popping up and running around, then diving back into the grass every now and then.

Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:40 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

That sounds cool, but what about caves? Pokemon probably won't be able to appear and disappear in a cave...And Onix! At 28' 10'', not very many of them can be in a cave. :P

Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:13 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Gardevoir1313 wrote:

That sounds cool, but what about caves? Pokemon probably won't be able to appear and disappear in a cave...And Onix! At 28' 10'', not very many of them can be in a cave. :P

Well then, an Onix can appear and eat your person!! Mvahaha. ^_^

They can appear/disappear by running into holes in the wall/digging away/flying away....maybe.

Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:49 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Lol. *sees 5 Steelix cramped in Rusturf Tunnel, grunting and trying to move* .... Or maybe in a building, (not Electrode) they could hide, or (Electrode) go BOOM.

-Gardevoir~

Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:19 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Hopefullly they put Night and Day again, but like in GSC it turns dark and stuff. It could snow and rain almost everywhere, except for like the first few citys so then you cant catch like ice pokemon all the sudden. Maybe add Hoenn again, since when I got RSE I still wasnt good at rpg, although I was better then gsc, and I beat rse in 1-2 months without game guide... So hopefully the game will last longer. Maybe it could go wi-fi, and a friend list so you can chat to. And one more thing, I hope the battle style would need more strategy.

Edit: After I read Galar's post, an mod can put this post in the sticky what your looking foward to in d/p or something.

Last edited by CyberX on Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:10 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Hopefullly they put Night and Day again, but like in GSC it turns dark and stuff.

That would be so awesome. Then you'd have to stay up late to catch Dark-types...ffwhee ^_^

Quote:
It could snow and rain almost everywhere, except for like the first few citys so then you cant catch like ice pokemon all the sudden.

Yes, weather'd be awesome, and it'd be better if when you use Rain Dance/Sunny Day/whatever, the effects linger after battle (i.e. you use Rain Dance, then it's raining when you're done battling)

Quote:
Maybe add Hoenn again, since when I got RSE I still wasnt good at rpg, although I was better then gsc, and I beat rse in 1-2 months without game guide... So hopefully the game will last longer.

I'm all for the longer-game thing, but Hoenn again?! I want a new continent!!

Quote:
Maybe it could go wi-fi, and a friend list so you can chat to. And one more thing, I hope the battle style would need more strategy.

Wi-fi would rock. Then I could chat/trade/whatever with almost anyone almost anywhere ^_^ More battle strategy'd be fun, but...I've still got to memorize what tanks/toxi-trappers are and what moves to teach them. No more of that...

Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:15 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yes, weather'd be awesome, and it'd be better if when you use Rain Dance/Sunny Day/whatever, the effects linger after battle (i.e. you use Rain Dance, then it's raining when you're done battling)

That would be nice, but the effect should wore off kinda easly, I mean, if you got a kyogre,"rain rain rain" forever..

Quote:
I'm all for the longer-game thing, but Hoenn again?! I want a new continent!!

true.. But since d/p has better graphics I was starting to wonder what hoenne would look like.

Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:20 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Maybe random weather effects? It makes it much more realistic, since weather is random irl. Then certain weather effects can be made more common according to the seasons. For instance, Sunny Day would be in effect most of the time during summer, and it would be snowing more often during winter.

Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:11 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Maybe random weather effects? It makes it much more realistic, since weather is random irl. Then certain weather effects can be made more common according to the seasons. For instance, Sunny Day would be in effect most of the time during summer, and it would be snowing more often during winter.

That's pretty cool, the seasons.

How about D/P just has a calendar. ^_^ That'd be cool then you can write when your birthday is then get a present on your birthday.

Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:25 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

also because the same grass can contain diferenet pokemon depending on the hour. I mean, now that there are nearly 400 pokemon,
there just isn't enouth grass patches for them.

also, it'll be nice if your pokemon can follow you around, like in the old yellow.

Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:38 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

night and day would be cool.
also because the same grass can contain diferenet pokemon depending on the hour. I mean, now that there are nearly 400 pokemon,
there just isn't enouth grass patches for them.

also, it'll be nice if your pokemon can follow you around, like in the old yellow.

Yeah except you can pick which pokemon to follow (one at time though) because I would love to have my Charizard , Absol, Gardevoir, Sudowoodo, Vensaur, Blaziken, and Misdreavus all stalk me. :P

Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next