It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Figuring out IVs 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

This thought just sort of recently popped in my head. When I breed pokemon and want to check their IVs, I usually just leave them in the day care until level 15-20, and put it on the IV calculator in Psypokes. I was just wondering, is there a better or more accurate way of doing that? On Psypokes, I saw something about using rare candies to 100 or using the wi-fi battling systems, but 80 rare candies doesn't exactly sound feasible, and I don't know how the wi-fi method works, nor do I have access to wi-fi to try it, because the DS isn't compatible with wireless networks that require browsers to be activated.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:19 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

What I do is breed 5 Pokemon, release all the obvious duds (bad natures, wrong personality traits, flawed stats) and if any survive my high standards, I use 9 of my 999 rare candies to level it up to level 10. If it still qualifies for my standards, I rare candy it to 20. If it looks OK but not perfect I put it in the PC and go again until I have 4 more, then I find someone on /v/ who will WiFi battle me only to check IVs.

If you have no WiFi, I see no point to go through the breeding process though. Winning WiFi battles is pretty much the only reason I breed Pokemon.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:56 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I guess I should have said I don't have access to wi-fi yet*.

I'll just keep raising them to 20 through day care and calculating the IV range. If there's nothing wrong with that method then it's fine by me. If I had 100+ rare candies then I suppose an option would be using 99 of them and restarting the game afterwards.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]