It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Lavender Town Conspiracy 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hello to everyone of you out here in this forum. Its been very very long since i logged in here and posted at this forum. However, on today, i received a rather mysterious news from my friend about Pokemon. According to my friend, he says he found sources at the internet that told him about Lavender Town's original soundtrack in Pokemon Red and Blue are causing children to go insane or even suicidal. I wonder if anyone of you had any idea about this is true or not? I'll put some link here that my friend had showed to me.
Link 1
http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Laven ... n_Syndrome
Link 2
http://www.thetechgame.com/Forums/t=2319098.html

And there is this you tube link of a Lavender Town soundclip that sounds rather creepy and eerie to me. I had no idea why it sounds like this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMMYj7R1 ... ture=share this is the link.

Hope you guys are not too disturbed by these.

This could be worth to take a look for a more detailed explanation. http://www.thetechgame.com/Forums/t=231 ... rt=80.html *sorry for adding this link abit late*

Last edited by LWK on Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:13 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Huh on the first video of the first link, there IS a deep-pitched sound through the music (you might need headphones to hear it). But at about 8:50 is where it gets REALLY weird:
Apparently this is what the music 'levels' came up with. The Unown also spell out "LEAVE NOW" and the Unown didn't exist back then. And right after this part is where the music completly breaks down. Seriously: don't listen to this at night.

So unless this software is making stuff up, I'm honestly thinking something's up. Although I don't know how it would drive little kids to suicide :?

Last edited by Shuckle-rock$ on Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:45 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I heard that deep pitched sound even when I am using my speakers. Even though it is morning in my current time now, I do feel very creepy on the part where the unown appeared. Well, for the cause of the suicide, I really don't know what is causing that. Maybe the music has some sort of creepy impact on the brains of some of those children. I had to say, the music is rather disturbing.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:52 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I played Pokemon Blue when I was about 5 or 6, and I still play it today. Needless to say, 12 years on, I'm still very much alive. Something like this wouldn't go un-reported on the news, so you might as well just take it as a hoax. There is a lot of creepypasta **** (smiledog, suicidemouse.avi, etc) that are VERY convincing, but complete hoaxes.

Granted, it is creepy, though.

"You don't sit down and write a wish list about the person you are going to fall violently in love with. It just doesn't work like that."

Stephen Fry

Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:28 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well apparently, as said in one of the links, they were trying to have a different 'effect' on one players:
Quote:
As it turns out, the developers of the Lavender Town area had sought to make an area that would leave an impression on the player, according to Seki Uchitada, who was a member of the development team. Seki claimed that at the time of development, a number of the team were interested in making Lavender Town a little different to the rest of the game.
The Pokmon Tower is a visible result of that, Seki told Games Dimensions Magazine) in an interview earlier this year. That, and the fact that Lavender Town is so different from all the other cities in the game: it is smaller, it has fewer people occupying it, it didnt have a gym and, of course, the music was very, very eerie. In fact, in the first version of the game, we were told to slightly change the song played in the background of Lavender Town because our manager told us it would make children upset. The music used in subsequent versions is different.
Either Seki was unaware of the full impact of the Lavender Town Tone, or was vastly underexaggerating how upset children would get no more is said of the music in the article, but there are mentions of Lavender Towns other macabre features (see below).

What Seki failed to disclose to Games Dimensions Magazine was that the music used in the first-wave release of Pocket Monsters Red and Green was formulated out of an experiment in binaural beats: using slightly different frequencies of sound, each frequency played in one ear through earphones or headphones, various psychological effects can be induced upon the listener. In most versions of the first wave releases, this resulted in the player feeling uneasy, apprehensive, and mildly disturbed. However, for upwards of two-hundred children, it provoked a variety of disturbances in the brain that went undetected purely because it was undetectable by fully developed human ears instead, only children fell victim to the tones , resulting in psychological and physiological problems that in some cases led to death many of which were suicides.

So the sickness/suicides are slightly more reasonable to me, but I'm rethinking the whole audio conspiracy with the Unown and Ghost. I think it's not likely at all that that would happen. And unless I get a Red game and go to Lavander town myself to hear the music, I'm thinking that the images (and even the whole audio at that part) were just added on just to raise conspiracy. Besides it's just more creepypasta. Although if that's the real audio in the game this might actually be real... :shock:

Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:07 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

All of that could be made up though. All you have to do is drop in a few names, which the average reader (you and I) could never name check, and suggest that there were some documents involved that were published on some site. They can say that all this stuff happened, without anybody ever feeling the need to check up on it. It's the confident way in which they write; making you feel like there's TONNES of evidence, without actually providing any evidence or sources at all.

And, like you said, it is creepypasta at the end of the day. If anything ever pops up on there that's real, no one would believe it :lol:

"You don't sit down and write a wish list about the person you are going to fall violently in love with. It just doesn't work like that."

Stephen Fry

Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:04 pm
Profile WWW
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

It's just a neat piece of creepy music. I don't know what the big deal is. The fabled Porygon Episode was much worse for children.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:57 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Creepy. I've always been into this sort of conspiracy stuff. I'm going to start a new topic soon, about all different kinds of Pokemon conspiracies (I'll just leave this one out ;) ).

Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:02 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Yeah, even though all of us can't really determine whether the deaths are really true or not, but one cannot deny the fact that the music does give out a creepy and eerie feeling. But the fact about the minor music changes in Lavender Town in the first batch of Pokemon Red & Green released in Japan could be true as it was stated in bulbapedia.
Here's the link about that information http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/ ... een#Trivia

Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:44 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Creepypasta. There's tons of it pertaining to Lavender Town. Metric tons. A lot of creepypasta is made up.

But who doesn't like ghost stories?

Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:35 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Interesting story about that ghost hacked pokemon ROM. I wonder will those events happen if the player did not pick Ghost at the start of the game.

Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:00 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Desired effects were not felt. However, I can still hear it even after 5 miutes. Other affects are numbness in arme, having trouble breathing like someone was chokng me (pfetty f****d up), and a hint of craziness. And a 1,000 yard stare.

Goodbye
"

Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:34 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Ah, I remember reading about this and listening to the music myself. Pretty taxing on the ears, to say the least. It was probably just my mind playing tricks on me, but whenever I used to listen to the 1.0 version of the song I'd feel rather cold and uneasy. To be honest, after I compared the music I heard in my Japanese Green version and my English uhh...I believe it was Red (not that it makes a difference), I thought I could hear a slight difference, one you probably wouldn't notice if you weren't looking for it. Then again, everyone does seem to have a different experience with the song, so it might just be my imagination.

Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:08 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

These music give me the shivers on my back.
I was somehow glad that the first Pokemon game I played was the Crystal version...

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5153353/1/P ... of_Azeroth
This is what I call a true fanfiction! Sequel is now in progress! http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7172509/1/B ... _the_Flame
Disclaimer: I do not own them. I merely post it here so that I can share this with you.
http://pokefarm.org/_ext/PFZX5DZ~5Dr
Please hatch my eggs !

Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:07 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

During the first time when I went to Lavender Town, it din't really occur to me that this is such a creepy music. Maybe I was still small and young back then. But mos of the time when I entered there, I start to ride my bike and the music sounds cheerful again, haha. But now, this Lavender music really starts to scare me...

Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:00 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I actually liked the music in Blue. I know its not the same, but it didnt effect me when I played Red. I'm not one of the people who think that everyone should be happy in the world, because I know it will be like an insane asylum. So, that is probably why it doesn't effect that much. I think it depends on your mood or your spiritual health.

Goodbye
"

Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]