It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Piccilo and Deoxys...long lost brothers!? 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yeah, odd topic, but I need to ask evryone this:

On DragonBall Z, one of Goku's enemies was a dude called Piccilo. He is orange and green, and if you type him into Google, along with DBZ he should come up. His special talent is his extendable arms, and he launches balls of energy from his arms, situated around his chest...

Hang on a mo!

Where have we seen that before? Deoxys. Extendable arms, orange and green colouring, and the launching balls of energy from the chest area, with the use f the upper limbs (see the movie.)

So, does people think that Pokemon has finally succumbed to copying? I'm fairly sure that the Piccilo saga came before Deoxys came out...what does people think?

Obs.

"Play with fire and expect to be burned."

Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:03 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

piccolo wasnt orange he was pink...and mostly green and he looks nothing like deoxys :shock:

also pokemon and DBZ have NO affiliation...

Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:11 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

It is true that the only thing orange about Piccolo are his shoes. The bands on his arms were pink.

Also, Deoxys arms change form (this might include a very tiny difference in length) but they couldn't extend at will like Piccolo's can.

Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:18 pm
Illiterate
Illiterate

I see a small similarity between these two characters; but not enough to be a "copy" of it, besides wasn't piccolo green?

And btw Launching energy balls is not relly original in any game/anime.

In nomine....Diabulus et...Belial, Satan, Astharoth, Lucifer et Yahve.

Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:32 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Um...Piccolo and Deoxys look nothing alike, nor are their attacks similar.

Piccolo

Deoxys

Notice Piccolo is green with pink on his arms, while Deoxys looks nothing like a human (either does Piccolo, but he has a few human-like features), and he has an orange body with blue on his face and arms.

Quote:
His special talent is his extendable arms, and he launches balls of energy from his arms, situated around his chest...

Obviously, someone doesn't watch Dragonball Z (which is obvious since you can't even spell his name right). His special "talent" is regeneration, not "extendable arms". He can fuse with other nameks (his race) and ALL DBZ characters launch energy from their arms. Piccolo has a special attack called Special Beam Cannon, which looks NOTHING like Deoxy's attack.

Deoxys can turn into different forms, and Piccolo can't. Piccolo's race, Namekian, can get REALLY big (this is called Super Namekian) and Deoxys can't.

So, after analyzing both creatures, the ONLY thing I found in common between them is regeneration.

Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:32 pm
Profile WWW
blah blah blah

Piccolo doesn't look a thing like deoxys. But Makuhita and snorlax look like Majinbuu. Oh and Piccolo was one of his enemies but for most of the series he's a good guy.

Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:48 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Piccolo doesn't look a thing like deoxys. But Makuhita and snorlax look like Majinbuu. Oh and Piccolo was one of his enemies but for most of the series he's a good guy.

You bring up a good point...Majin Buu and Makuhita DO look similar. For those who don't watch DBZ, this is Buu. Since you can't see Buu's hands in that picture, look at this pic. Notice the gloves? Makuhita has gloves, too. And, in addition to the similar face/gloves, they both have something on their head...Buu has a large "banana" like thing on his head, and Makuhita has a tye or something.

Deoxys and Piccolo might not be similar at all, but Makuhita and Buu's first form have a lot in common.

Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:56 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

omfg now that i think about it majin buu and makuhita DO have alot in common...COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT!!!!! lol but seriously wow that blew my mind :shock:

Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:02 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

You guys have a good point here. Piccolo and Deoxys have nothing in common at all. And besides Buu being like WAY fatter than Makuhita and being Pink not Brown they look alike. But why Piccolo and Deoxys? Might as well have just said All DBZ Characters are rip offs of Deoxys. But Deoxys was thought up of in 2002.(Japan Release of RS.) While DBZ has been around since the 1990's.

Pokemon Pearl FC:2749 9225 9473

Up for a battle anytime! Just PM me.

Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:06 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Hm, it was just that on the game I was playing Budokai Tenkaichi 2, and the way he moved, and looked was really similar to Deoxys on this movie (from what I have seen it.)

EDIT: (Sozzles, I had to vanish) I've never seen them, but you're right the pink blob does look similar to Makuhita.

On second thoughts, Doexys and Piccilo are quite different. On the PSP game, his arms look orange, hence the colour similarity that was flawed. :P

"Play with fire and expect to be burned."

Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:01 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Every Namekian like Piccollo could regenerate and extend their arms(Nail regenerated against Frieza).
So when people say that Deoxys is from outer space could he be from Namek???NAH

Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:48 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Wait what about Goku and Super Sonic? Those to have every similar looks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:S_Sonic2006.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:GokuForms.jpg

Don't they look more similar.

Pokemon Pearl FC:2749 9225 9473

Up for a battle anytime! Just PM me.

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:09 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

They are copies, the official site even said so, because it was a tribute to one of the makers of Sonic the Hedgehog, who also was in the DBZ staff.

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]