It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:20 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 The Pokemon League and Silver Tournament? 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i was wondering how they work, in that how many trainers compete each time and what they need to do to get to the next round and such...

thanks for yor help!

Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:15 am
THE POWER IS ON!

Well, from what I remember of the Silver Conference, each trainer had to go through a screening round and win three battles there to move on to the top 48.

The 48 trainers would then be split up into groups of three, i.e., Ash, Jackson, and that little girl with the fire-types whose names I can't remember. Each trainer would battle the other two trainers for points. If you lose a battle, you get zero points, if you draw, you get one point, and if you win a battle, you get three points.

Ash beat ...Girl, and tied Jackson, giving him four points.
Girl lost to Ash and beat Jackson, giving her three points.
Jackson lost to Girl and tied Ash, giving him one point.

So Ash moved ahead of those other two losers into a top 16 elimination tournament, where he beat Gary and then lost to Harrison, placing Ash in the top 8 of the Silver Conference. Harrison lost his next match to place in the top 4, and John Dickson of Sento-Cherry Town was the winner of the tournament.

I think the Pokemon League was just a straight up tournament, and Ash placed in the top 16 there.

Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:23 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

well have you noticed that ash losses every league challenge es ever went into like the indigo pleatue, silver conference thing and now hes gonna losses in the advanced generation

Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:20 pm
Profile YIM
THE POWER IS ON!

Well, ignoring the fact that you just bumped up a topic that was dead for five months, I have to argee with you.

This is just rampant speculation on my part, but I think the Pokemon League in the Anime works like this... the actual tournaments that Ash, Gary and the other trainers participate in are to win the privilege to fight the Elite Four. Ash only got 16th at the Indigo Plateau and 8th at the Silver Conference, so, obviously, he hasn't met the Elite Four outside of episodes where they helped out. In a happy little world, I'd say the series finale of Pokemon would be Ash beating the Elite Four and becoming the 'Master' he's wanted to be since day one.

However, going by patterns, he'll probably place in the top 4 in the Hoenn League, the top 2 in the Pearl/Diamond league, and so forth... it all depends on how long the video games keep going for.

Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:01 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 4 posts ]