It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Favorite Season Thread 

What is your favorite season of the Anime?
Indigo 59%  59%  [ 76 ]
Orange 4%  4%  [ 5 ]
Johto Journeys 9%  9%  [ 11 ]
Johto League Champions 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Master Quest 9%  9%  [ 12 ]
Pokemon Advance 5%  5%  [ 7 ]
Pokemon Advance Challenge 7%  7%  [ 9 ]
Pokemon Advanced Battle 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Battle Frontier 2%  2%  [ 3 ]
Diamond and Pearl 3%  3%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 129

Favorite Season Thread 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

my favourite was jhoto journey's i just effing loved the title music!

Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:47 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: It's on Earth and the name begins with a letter between A and Z. Where am I?
EDIT: Okay, since I realized my old post here was horribly negative... Here's a better one.

I like the Indigo League (Kanto/1st Gen). Mostly because of the theme, and story elements. Yes, I know that no one should go to the Pokemon saga looking for a deep storyline, but the storyline it does have I actually kind of like. I like how Ash doesn't strictly-speaking catch several of his Pokemon; instead, they join him willingly, which brings me to another point. The Indigo League (Orange Islands and Johto, too) have more emotion than the rest of the series. Not just for humans, but for Pokemon, too, and it makes them actually seem like characters of their own to me, rather than simply extensions of their trainers, which is what they feel like (to me) in Hoenn and Sinnoh. Also, a lot of the episodes in Kanto are more interesting to me because they are the first of their, well, episode idea. (I'm referring to the fact that some of the later episodes are obvious ripoffs of earlier ones.) Also, even though Ash is a noob, back then it was a bit more justified, because it was his first journey.

And that's why I like Kanto.

Ione: We didn't do it for a reward! Besides, you used us!
Creator: What's wrong with that? I created everything.
Lane: We are not things!
Creator: How amusing... you are trying to pick a fight with me!

Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:07 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

master quest deffintly

Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:12 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Mine might shock everyone it's a tie between the original Gen 1 anime. they in my opinion have brought it back to what it was with Gen 5 I like the newest one just because it is more well thought out. the episodes are enjoyable for multiple age groups including pokefans in their late teens and early 20's

Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:00 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I like watching Indigo the most, but I voted for Battle Frontier because the title song is too amazing for words! :D

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature.
92% of teens would be dead if Abercrombie & Fitch said it wasn't cool to breathe. Put this in your sig if you are the 8% who would be laughing.

Diamond FC: 5199-4994-9415
White FC: 0089-1661-3588

Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:08 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

sinnoh was my fav cause ash fought darkrai however i also like hoen

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:01 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

INDIGO!!! I love all of Ash's stupid quotes (ex. perverse psychology)! My second favorite quote was from Brock: "I know! I'll just use my frying pan, as a drying pan! :D" Can't remember which season that was from though.

Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:50 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Also, the episodes were more enjoyable for me, like the tower of terror, which btw was that released in america? I loved the theme song, I've been a poke guru for 7 years going strong!

Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:55 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

My favorite was during the johto leagues.

Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:13 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I distinctly remember hating the first season or two when I was a kid, because Ash and James' voices were so weird and obnoxious before they kind of hit a stabilized equilibrium. I also remember around the latter half of Johto being the point where I started to become disappointed in the anime, because the week to week episodes all seemed to become the same, and the show seemed to be dumbing down. Now, that could have been me just growing up, but I stopped watching altogether before Ash caught Snorunt.

However, I am no longer a kid. Not only that, but I have developed a nostalgia for the original. So, the Indigo League, despite, and perhaps partially because of, the wonky voices, is my favorite season. I also have the extended theme song on my play list, so that's proof enough for me.

Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4