It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Breeding noob. 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I was just wondering if i have a male togepi with wish, baton pass, hidden power, yaun. And i have an eevee with careful nature does that mean i will get an egg with an eevee with careful nature and the moves wish and baton pass?

Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:43 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm afraid your breeding plan won't work at all, and I'll list the reasons why:
1) togepi is a baby pokemon in the "no egg" group, so it can't breed. you'd have to evolve it to togetic.
2) eevee is in the ground egg group, and togetic is in the fairy & flying egg groups, so they can't breed with each other
3) baton pass is a level up move for eevee, so both parents would have to know the move to pass it along to the babies
4) a female can only pass its nature to the babies if it is holding an Everstone, and it only gives a 50% chance of passing the females nature to the babies. So its not guaranteed that your first egg would be a careful natured eevee.
4.1) If the parents are from different language games (for example, an english female eevee + japanese male eevee), the everstone trick doesn't work.

The only way to breed an eevee with wish is to breed it with a smeargle. If you have access to both HG/SS and D/P/Pt, and that you have a heart scale on DPPt, you can do the following:
catch a MALE smeargle in the ruins of alph
attach lagging tail to smeargle (this makes him move last)
make your togepi learn wish and baton pass, if he hasnt already, and make sure your smeargle has sketch (he should already if he's freshly caught) you'll want them to be in the level 20-30 range.
transfer them to DPPt and go to the resort restaurant before 9pm, where the customers will do double battles with you. (bring some pokemon that can actually kill the opponents when you're done the next part)
engage in a double battle, have togepi use wish and smeargle use sketch on togepi.
once smeargle learns sketch faint the opponents team
go to Pastoria and have the move tutor teach sketch to smeargle again (this costs a heart scale)
go back to the restaurant, battle, have togepi use baton pass and smeargle use sketch on togepi.
and defeat the opponent after your smeargle learns baton pass.
now breed this smeargle with a female eevee that knows baton pass and you'll have babies with wish and baton pass.
if the smeargle and eevee are both from the same language games, you can attach the everstone to your eevee and get the increased chance to have the same nature as it

Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:39 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Alright thanks heaps that was very informative :)

Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]