It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Help Finding Things 
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

I've received some suggestions and complaints regarding the setup of this forum. That being, if each person is limited to their own one trading thread, and each thread must be for one specific person, it can be difficult to find something you're looking for without searching through thread, after thread, after thread...

Thus far the staff consensus has been to leave the forum layout unchanged. That is, not to add subforums for specific trading categories as some have said or make any other changes (though people are welcome to add specifics in their topic titles). If this doesn't change, then I offer you an alternative: the search function!

The search function is fairly easy to use, and can be customized to help you out while looking for trades. Just put in the keywords (pay attention to the help text):
Quote:
Search for keywords:
Place + in front of a word which must be found and - in front of a word which must not be found. Put a list of words separated by | into brackets if only one of the words must be found. Use * as a wildcard for partial matches.

If that's confusing, you don't necessarily need to use any fancy syntax, you can just type in a pokemon/item/whatever in the box. Notice the "Search for any" and "Search for all" options below this box; these should be self-explanatory. You won't want to specify an author, but be sure to choose "Pokemon Stadium" as the forum. For the rest of the options, you can mess around with them as you'd like, but be sure for the "Search within:" box you choose "First posts of topic only." Since the rules of Pokemon Stadium require threads to keep the trading offers in the first post, this is an easy way to look through all stocks in the whole forum at once.

TL;DR

-Keywords: Whatever you're looking for.
    -Search in forums: Pokemon Stadium
    -Search within: First posts of topics only

PLEASE NOTE:
This thread is being left open for feedback regarding the current setup of this forum. I encourage anyone who has something to praise/condemn, or is suggesting something new, to do it here.

Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:19 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I think the ideas of the subtopics in the each of the topics would work better in my opionion it would save space in the forum overall instead of having over 100's topics each only lasting a few days bacause the trade is satisfied
possibly an idea for the subtopics arrangement
WANT
specifics
evs ivs ect
general
just want the pokemon nothing else
Giving
1st gen
2nd gen
3rd gen
4th gen
these are just general nothing special just the pokemon
specifics
shinys evs ivs legendaries ect

Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:42 am
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

I'll take everybody's silence as approval of the current forum. Remember, if you don't complain about it, nothing will be changed! :P

Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:37 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

This thread is the closest thing to a "suggestions" thread, so i'll post here. the only thing i'd suggest is to make a rule to limit the off-topic chatting, which clutters the trade threads and makes it harder to see when the owner of the thread adds new information. Making / accepting offers is fine, but i think we can do without the "what's your fc?" "ok I'm getting online" and such. That sort of thing can be done via PM. Just a suggestion...

Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:00 pm
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

Yes! This IS the suggestions thread!

I was originally going to leave it mostly up to topic owners what goes on their threads, provided there isn't excessive bumping. But many of the things you mentioned could definitely lead to excessive bumping. This is a service run by the people for the people, so I don't want to get involved as much more than a clean-up guy. I will post new guidelines including your suggestions, but I'd like to leave some of the enforcing up to topic owners as well.

Of course, anything is subject to change depending on the input of others (being the staff or just regular frequenters of the trade forum).

I also encourage everyone else to make suggestions in this thread. 2 posts in 2 months is a bit depressing. And yes, you can post to say "I prefer things the way they are!"

Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:34 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Location: The Universe, Local Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Sol System, Earth
Well... if this is the suggestions area... I have one... two.

I think that there should be separate Trading Forums for the Gen IV and Gen V games. I hadn't noticed the "One per person" rule (And really hope my new one isn't deleted, since it's the current one), but I don't want to mix my listings for the two generations in the same Topic. Plus, I don't really like having to ask which generation someone is using (It's only obvious if they mention a B/W-only Pokemon, which isn't really very likely. The ones they are likely gonna want are from Gen IV and older, I figure.)
This will only get even more confusing once the games are released outside of Japan, and I think it should be taken care of before it gets out of hand.

Also, I don't like how lolstop (You know what site) is changed to "Hell" in postings, as I find it pointless, rude to the censored site (the word itself, relative to the site, not necessarily THAT it's censored), and offensive (the word itself), and yet other sites that doesn't happen to! Couldn't that be used like normal? Or, if that is for some reason not an option (probably incomprehensible to me, so please don't try to explain) at LEAST make it change to something else? (Like... "ZZZZ", or "AAAA", or "DON'T SAY THAT") Please?

Just a couple of suggestions.

Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:55 pm
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

One trading forum is enough. It doesn't take that much effort to say which game you're using.

Regarding the censor, this is not the appropriate forum to discuss it in, and no, it is not being removed.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:59 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

This is a cool trade forum, I really like it.

Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]