It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:05 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Breeding tree 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I recently found your site, and am loving your search capability with your pokedex. Breeding pokemon has become my obsession, trying to get the perfect set of moves for my pokemon.

Do you have plans to add in the ability to do a tree type output for breeding?

Example:

To breed an Absol with Shadow Ball and Baton Pass -

Sableye (Shadow Ball - Lvl Up) -> Mr. Mime

Mr. Mime(Baton Pass - Lvl Up) -> Spinda

Spinda -> Absol

If you don't, could you please contact me, as I would love to help develope this. I am currently working on a Java Pokedex, just so I could do this type of a thing, but am dreading having to build my database of information.

Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:51 am
The Geek
The Geek

Well, most egg moves are found on the breeding info page of the Psydex. Interestingly enough, the one you mention doesn't seem to be there. I'm sure it'll get added the next time an admin comes around.

There's a dropdown (ComboBox) on the right side of the page which lists the breeding chain in a tree-like fashion. I don't think that's quite what you were getting at, but it's a start for now.

Also, as a fellow Java programmer, I know full well that dread you speak of.

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:55 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Absol can hatch with Shadow Ball because it can learn the TM, and so Can all the rest in the chain.

And I saw the egg moves in the breeding section, and it helps a lot, but it still can get confusing when you are trying breed a complete moveset.

I always enjoyed the "baby" class battles in Pokemon Stadium, and I try to challenge folks to "baby" battles, as I find them to be more challenging than level 100 vs 100.

Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:10 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Well, you can always supply the information, so that the information can get uploaded onto the site ;o Full credit will be given where its due.

The Breeding Chains on the site are non-exhaustive though. They provide information on the most direct way to get to learn those moves. I guess what you are suggesting is to include additional information on how to get more of those moves on the same Pokemon, right? That might take a lot of work, simply because there are so many possible combinations of moves =/

Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:37 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Basically what I am after is a combination of the moveset search and the breeding chains. I would love for it to go back a few generations of breeding though, not just to the parents.

And as for providing the information, it is already part of this site. The baby pokemon will know any of the moves the father knows, that it is possible for it to learn. I am not sure if that includes the tutor moves from LG/FR/E, but it does include TM/HMs as well as Level up moves. I have a newly hatched Sableye that knows Psychic. I got it from breeding my Sableye with my Kadabra

Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:34 pm
Psypoke Legend
Psypoke Legend

As you can appreciate, even figuring these breeding trees out on paper is difficult. I know my limitations - this seems quite hard! As snow said, there's a lot of combinations to be taken into consideration.

It's a good suggestion, but probably not something that I will follow through. Thank you anyway

Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:07 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 6 posts ]