It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:01 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 More Custom Avatars, Please? 

Should there be avatars that have been customized by everyday members in the custom avatar section of the avatar gallery?
Yes 43%  43%  [ 3 ]
No 57%  57%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 7

More Custom Avatars, Please? 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ok....

I've had this idea on my mind, and I thought if it I don't say it know it may never be said. The idea is to add more custom avatars in the section to give more verity. These avatars would be made by the average member and chosen by the higher-ups (Gym Leader, Elite 4, and Frontier Brain). So that everyone could chose the avatar if the creater choses it for everyone to use. It has been a dream of mine that on this form some one, higher-up or the new-person-on-the-street, would use one of my home-made avatars. Maybe there could be a section called Holiday for custom avatars with a Holiday theme. To see some of the avatars I speak of, click the link to my shop that is on my signature. You could make it a topic in Fan Art, Activities, or whatever you see fit, where people post their avatars and then are chosen to be in the avatar gallery. I hope you can take this to heart and would be able to accept my idea if possible.

Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:32 am
Psypoke Legend
Psypoke Legend

But you can just upload your own avatar anyway O_o People can save an avatar they want and upload it as their own. You should give them the option of viewing the avatars you've made in one of your posts.

Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:41 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I see what you are saying, but think of this... People who use the avatar gallery either can't make their own avatar or it has something they like. The reason people go to Slateport is to get someone to make it for them. But, what if you increased the custom avatars? The avatars used in the idea would be the ones people made with their free time, no requests involved. I think people who don't have an avatar for themselfs would first turn to the gallery, and then if they don't like any of them they turn to Slateport for their needs. So the idea gives more verity for the people who may not have an avatar yet. Posting may be good, but it only last so long. Even with a Sticky or Popular Topic with many pages most people would turn to the beginning and end pages. I have created avatars and posted them before, but they may be more noticed in the gallery and chosen there without the long searching of posts to find the one. It may be me, but others might have faced a problem just like mine, where only the popular posts stay and any new ones are mostly left in the dust. To give Avatars that are made for the people without the hassel. If what I'm asking is too much to do then there isn't much I can do. I'm just giving ideas that may improve the forms, even if the improvement is small it is still improvement.

Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:21 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Honestly, the avatar gallery isn't there to have a huge collection. Mainly you use one in there because you either want one to use before uploading your own, or don't care enough to upload your own avatar. There's no reason to make a giant avatar gallery.

Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:45 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

But the reason for the gallery is for people to pick what they like, if they don't find it they up-load their own or ask someone to make it. I don't see the problem with increasing the collection in the gallary. Now I think this shouldn't be a hassel, but if it is then I'm sorry. But like I said in my other posts on this topic not everyone will search through many posts to find an avatar that they like. Example: (Someone hears on the site of an avatar that is perfect for them, the problem is that it is on an old post on a topic that is not on the first page of topics. Luckly someone links the person to the page.) Now think of what happened if the person didn't link the page to the person they may have ended up looking for it, and the persom who put up the link most likely did the long search for the person who wanted the avatar. You could say the person who wanted the avatar could have PM the creater of the avatar they want, but one of two problem could appear. One the creater may not have been on psypoke for a long while (focused on school or on vaction) and it may take weeks for the person to reply. The second problem is that when they get a reply the person might have said that they never created that kind of avatar. Now I'm talking about avatars that have been made on someones free time and being put in the gallery, not every avatar ever posted on the site, now that would be a hassel. I'm saying for a topic where people put avatars they created on to be chosen meaning all, few, one, or none. To be sure you get this, I not taiking about every avatar in existance just a slected few every now and even. Doesn't the gallery exist for the fact that it has avatars that people want. To increase a bit at a time, giving it more verity in avatars that people would like. If someone finds an avatar in the gallery that they like don't they use it. Sorry if this seems well.... long, I'm a person who is detailed when it comes to topics that I feel strongly about.

Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:53 am
The Geek
The Geek

But the reason for the gallery is for people to pick what they like, if they don't find it they up-load their own or ask someone to make it.
And, thus, the problem is solved.
Groudon King wrote:
I don't see the problem with increasing the collection in the gallary.
That would be because you don't see the bandwidth usage charts.

In all seriousness, there's no need for something like this. People can upload their own avatars that they want to use. If they want to borrow someone else's, either from here or another form, they ask and permission is usually given.

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:52 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 6 posts ]