It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:15 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Shiny Pokemon random? 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hi everyone I have noticed that (on sapphire) it is not chance that you run into a shiny from running from a shiny wurmple before I knew, then the same amount of wild pokemon later I ran into a shiny swablu! (The wurmple is hard to tell if it is a shiny) but I wasn't going to be stupid when I hatched a shiny omanyte but I bet I could've got a shiny of something else instead. So just post if this has happened to you please and say what game and what pokemon. :)

{swablu} {omanyte}

Edit: It says they are random 1 of 8174 i think.

Tue May 23, 2006 4:42 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Well then, you've been extremely lucky so far. It is indeed random, a fact that has been proved time and again. Somewhere on these boards (I couldn't find it) is the Shiny Hunting thread, whose goal is to find every pokemon in it's Shiny form. If someone else brings up that link or you find it yourself, you should go post that you've found those there.

Tue May 23, 2006 8:35 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

but i got in in five battles from last save just like on my shiny wurmple..(didn't notice cause friend made me laugh at the time...)

Tue May 23, 2006 8:56 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Coincidence. Unlikely, but unless it happens every time (in which case it would be a glitch), it's nothing more than that.

Tue May 23, 2006 9:20 pm
Profile WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

There is a 1 in 8912 chance of encountering a shiny. We also have a Shiny Guide on the main site detailing this and other important information about Shinies.

Here's a link: http://psypokes.com/lab/shiny.php

Wed May 24, 2006 12:37 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

well then..... I guess I will be stupid and "accidently" run from a shiny many more times to prove my theorie someday and have you guys ever caught a shiny?

Wed May 24, 2006 11:49 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Other than a Shiny Gyarados in the Lake of Rage in Gold Version? No, I haven't, and I've played almost 250 hours on my Fire Red Version.

Wed May 24, 2006 4:19 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 7 posts ]