It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:26 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Auto Font Color 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Just a suggestion, but I think it'd be nice if you could select what color you want your font in your Profile, then whenever you type it'd be that color, instead of typing [color=whatever] all of the time.

Again, just a suggestion.

Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:37 pm
That would become annoying. White is nice. :)

{espeon} The mysterious Lintaro {umbreon}

Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:50 pm
is very close to getting banned

No, that's actually a really good idea. Like how I always type in gold, instead of typing [color=gold] every single time, it'd just be that. Good idea, Gardy13 - I support it completely ^_^

Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:05 pm
Profile WWW
1. You may think it is, but it causes the admins more work. Haven't they done enough?
2. Some people's colors are hard to see already. If we're forced to see them like that for eternity, I don't want this to go through.
3. BYE :)

Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:57 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'm all for it, there are not that many flaws.

Birdlover, which we can assume that's you because you're the one who numbers everything: that doesn't matter. What would be the difference in you not seeing it anyway whether they typed it in manually or not? There is none. Thus your statement is absurd, mainly because things don't have to go on forever. People would be able to change it, or set the function off. :)

And as for your first statement, if the admins are willing to do it, they will do it. It's not a good admin if they say "well here's what we have done, we are not doing any more." Trust me, if the admins feel something neds to be adjusted, they'll adjust it. :wink:

Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:27 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I really see no need for it, because it is easy enough to just highlight the words in your post and pick the color you want. Nice thought anyway.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!

DUST!

Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:48 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: Loading... Connection cannot be found. Please refresh the page.
It depends whether or not the font you are using is in that list. It's gets annoying having to type color=lightsteelblue in every post. I think it'd me a good idea myself.

</center>

Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:59 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Lite Four
Lite Four

Also, swift, stop posting as a guest ;o

Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:51 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

This is a bad idea.

Also, swift, stop posting as a guest ;o

???

Today, in the midst of foreplay, this girl tells me I am so hot, I respond "Ditto." She heatedly responds "I love ditto," to which I suavely reply "I didn't know you were into Pokemon. That may make you even sexier." She knows nothing about Pokemon, but I sure know how to kill the mood. FML

{dragonair}

Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:08 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Nice try swift. It's either you or someone using your computer :P

I do think that such a feature would make it more convenient for users like me, who like to use a certain font color. Ultimately, it depends on how easy it is to build in such a feature. If it is too troublesome, I guess there is no need for the Admins to install such a feature. We can all live with this little bit of inconvenience :wink:

Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:56 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

As someone said above, typing in text and highlighting it and just clicking Font Color isn't bad...unless you use a special color like mine (Light Sky Blue).

Also...I just posted this as a suggestion, so if the Admins find it too troublesome, I won't be upset. They've done a lot for the forums, and I'm grateful for it ^_^

And if you think white is nice, then you don't have to change the color, do you?

P.S. I'm trying to get used to typing the color thing, just in case ^_^

Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:38 pm
Yes, that's fine and all, but the thing is, some people enjoy using really annoying colors for their text.

This color is annoying on this background.
This one is pretty bad too.
Ugh.

And some are just plain ugly. The colors are meant to emphasize certain things in your post; you do not need to have your font color "represent" you, as that is what your name, location, avatar, and signature are for.

If you ask me, people should not really be using different colors for their text in the first place. But that's just me.

Quote:
Users posting from this IP address
swift53 [ 1005 Posts ]

nfield21 [ 77 Posts ]

Guest [ 3 Posts ]

Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:02 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm shoudlnt this be in like help or sumtihng? not bugs? could a mod move this to the appropriate forums thx in advance.
Edit: o ok i didnt know that i ahve another forum that Does have a suggestion forum i got mixed up :oops: sorry

Last edited by fatty65 on Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:30 pm
Profile YIM
Lite Four
Lite Four

Viridian Forest
A place for bugs - post any problems, errors or suggestions you have for the site or forums in here.

Viridian Forest IS for suggestions, and there is no other "Suggestions" forum you speak of.

Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:34 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 14 posts ]