It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:15 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 School forum? 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

This is just a suggestion.

I think that we should make a school forum since most of us here are in school and may need homework help or help with friends, etc. They may need to study for a test that's coming up, or want to know what a certain subject is like that they are considering signing up for, but have no friends that know what it's like (like if someone is going for French but all their friends are in Spanish) Like I said, it's just a suggestion ^_^

Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:36 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I Don't see how this is a bug.... But i agree. though help with friends sorta doesnt seem right....

Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:52 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

sanctuary: In the forum description it says you can put suggestions too :)

Gardevoir1313: I think that would be great, one of the stickey could be, "Stupid Teachers Thread."

Image Thanks CF!

99.5 of all Sigs have Stupid Statistics, and the Elite Four can delete all of them.

Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:52 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

This has been asked tons of times before...

The simple answer is no. Mostly because you're supposed to be doing this sort of stuff yourself, and people helping you wouldn't get you to actually learn anything from it, which is the point of homework.

Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:07 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

That, and that is what the general discussion is for. If you have a school-related problem, are you really going to a pok

Today, in the midst of foreplay, this girl tells me I am so hot, I respond "Ditto." She heatedly responds "I love ditto," to which I suavely reply "I didn't know you were into Pokemon. That may make you even sexier." She knows nothing about Pokemon, but I sure know how to kill the mood. FML

{dragonair}

Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:14 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

But then again you get those assignments over the weekend, and you just can't figure them out. There are many educated members on Psypoke, so the occasional homework thread may not be too bad. Indeed, we should do it ourselves, but I get so confused sometimes, I just need help.

A whole forum is absolutely out of the quesiton, thus I think it would be best to resort to threads. But then again, aas F_W stated, if this gets out of hand, where is the leanring in it all?

Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:46 pm
is very close to getting banned

Right, idiots like me could come online during their PE class when they have an ignorant substitute teacher! Yay!

Seriously though, threads like that could be very helpful. Like if I needed information or a good website for a History assignment and couldn't for the life of me find it, one of you guys could know just the place! Alternatively, there are people who will just post hilariously witty comments and be of no help.. What? ... *looks around innocently*

A message from your friendly neighboorhood Hippie Chick (Who just happens to be sitting beside me as i type): "Lalala. It's my two-month anniversary today!"

Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:59 pm
Profile WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

This has been asked tons of times before...

The simple answer is no. Mostly because you're supposed to be doing this sort of stuff yourself, and people helping you wouldn't get you to actually learn anything from it, which is the point of homework.

Hit the nail on the head, didn't he? You're supposed to be doing homework yourself. Now of course if you wanted to do stuff like, say, surveys for homework, it would be okay to conduct them here, but if you're asking for solutions to, say, math problems for instance, it isn't quite right.

Also, I think so far there's been less than a dozen threads related to school. This goes to show that it isn't really a popular topic that warrants the setting up of a new forum.

So, IMO, no, at least not at the moment. Sorry to disappoint :?

Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:59 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Seems like i'm buried under opposition here... ._. it would help if you needed a project idea as well, but...
argh forget it. nevermind.

Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:52 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

it would help if you needed a project idea as well, but....

I'm not against the idea of seeking help for project ideas, I'm more against the creation of such a forum as I don't see a need to. As such, you can feel free to create such topics in the General section if there's no School Forum.

Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:05 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:43 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 11 posts ]