It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Damage Calculator: Bug Reports and Suggestions 
Site Admin

The first iteration of the Damage Calculator is now complete, and fixes many bugs that people have kindly reported. The second iteration will come some time in the future, and will let you override the type and the ability of the Pokemon in question.

Please post any other suggestions or bug reports for the damage calculator in this thread.

Wed May 12, 2010 3:03 am
I need to shut the **** up

Excuse me, sirs. I was using the Damage Calculator, and it was excellent. The only actual bugs are that when I was trying Flower Gift and Double Battle with a Pokemon with Sunny Day on Weather, it didn't take account of it properly, and it was with a Physical move on an Enemy Pokemon. When I was trying to do Plus and Minus with a Plusle using a Special move on an enemy Pokemon, it's not showing up properly. I hope you great staff members can fix this bug up. Also, I was using Porygon-Z's Download ability, it also didn't seem to work as it supposed to be in the previous Damage Calculator, like increase Attack or Special Attack. The Flash Fire one too, like there should be a multiplier of how many times does the Pokemon getting hit with a Fire type move, like with the Metronome item, but recently, it caps up to 10 now, as opposed to 20. Thank you and please. I am quite interested in it. In case of other bugs, also make the Slow Start one, and the Psywave one work too. There were errors on a few. Thank you too guys. There is also the ones like Double Hit, Doubleslap, and more. These seem to be still incomplete with bugs. Do your best. Thanks. That'll make everyone happier. One last thing. Don't forget to fix Technician please, because it supposed to make any Attack with 60 or less stronger. There is also the one like Struggle and Brick Break.

Tue May 18, 2010 8:48 am
Site Admin

> Also, I was using Porygon-Z's Download ability, it also didn't seem to work as it supposed to be in the previous Damage Calculator, like increase Attack or Special Attack.
This is a level increase, so you need to change the stat level modifier in the drop down menu. The helptext that appears under Download should tell you this.

> like with the Metronome item, but recently, it caps up to 10 now, as opposed to 20.
I don't understand what you are saying.

> There is also the ones like Double Hit, Doubleslap, and more.
These appear to work as intended. We decided not to show 2 hits, 3 hits, 4 hits etc because each hit may cause its own critical hit. If you want to know how much damage 4 hits does, multiply the min, max and average by 4.

> Don't forget to fix Technician please, because it supposed to make any Attack with 60 or less stronger.
I see nothing wrong with Technican. Could you be more specific please?

> There is also the one like ... and Brick Break.
I see nothing wrong with Brick Break. Again, please be more specific.

I appreciate your help by pointing things out, but they are useless to me if they aren't specific.

Wed May 19, 2010 4:23 am

Like I was using Brick Break on an enemy Pokemon with the Reflect/Light Screen option on, and it didn't say anything about being shattered.

When I using an attack move with Metronome up to ten times it reaches its maximum, as putting a number that is greater than 10 remains the same.

When I was using Technician with an attack with 60 Attack Points, like Aerial Ace, it didn't work, like an increase. The ability supposed to make any move with 60 or less attack power multiplied by 1.5. Like Swift multiplied to become an effective 90 attack.

If you don't understand this, I don't know what will at all. Also, please let me know when will these problems like the Minus and Plus abilities and the others I have noticed will be fixed and taken care off. Thank you.

Thu May 20, 2010 9:25 am
THE POWER IS ON!

I don't know much about Metronome the item, so I can't comment a lot about that, but apparently it only boosts the power of an attack until the original power has doubled.

Is it really necessary to say that Brick Break shattered Light Screen or Reflect? That has nothing to do with calculating the power of Brick Break when you use it because the screens are counted in the calculation and THEN they break after the damage is done. There is no calculation error there.

OmegaX wrote:
When I was using Technician with an attack with 60 Attack Points, like Aerial Ace, it didn't work, like an increase.

Um......

Are you sure about that?

Thu May 20, 2010 9:48 am

So it's working properly? Thanks! I'll go see if it worked right now. Yeah, it worked, sorry. But then again, can somebody please show me how Download works now? There is still a bug with Flash Fire, Flower Gift, Plus and Minus combination, and more of these existing bugs.

When I was doing Flower Gift, an ability that Cherrim has that supposed to work with all Pokemon like the previous Damage Calculator, where it increases the Attack stat of the Pokemon, seems to only work with Cherrim now, while I picked the Flower Gift option and I also selected the Sunny Day Weather with any Pokemon using a Physical move on an enemy Pokemon, and it had the Double Battle option. Try it out for your self.

When I was using a Plusle with a Special move, and picked Plus, and picked the partner having the Minus ability, it didn't show up normally like the others.

Here's what I did. The Pokemon I picked was a Porygon2. I maxed its stats to the highest, and the levels to 6. I put Download and all other options and Sunny Day on, with Giga Impact as a move to damage an Abomasnow. When I clicked, Flower Gift didn't work.

Thu May 20, 2010 1:50 pm

Thank you VERY MUCH guys. Now it's significantly improved and the errors are completely gone now. EXCELLENT!

Sat May 22, 2010 7:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]