It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:58 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Why Isn't There a Headbutt Capture Method Guide? 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Why Isn't There a Headbutt Capture Method Guide on the main site?

Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:17 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Nobody has made one yet. Is there even anything to it? Is it not random what pokemon you get and where?

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:28 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I don't think so. In the original there were certain places you could find Heracross and places where you couldn't. For HG/SS I'm almost 100% certain you can't find Exeggcute in Ilex but you can at Lake of Rage. etc etc..

Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:42 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

ya, i think it is determined like dragonpheonix said, and i would make one, but i wouldnt know how or have the time

Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:54 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I think headbutt Pokemon should be listed just like how fishing, rock smash, and radio channel Pokemon are. If someone were to find out the percentages in each route/town/forest/etc, then add them to the world map listings it'd be fine. Also adding headbutt locations to the individual Pokemon's pages in the Psydex would be greatly beneficial, even though I'm fairly certain the only Pokemon anyone really wants from headbutt would be Herracross... X3

Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:29 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

What about Aipom or Pineco? They are only-Headbutt Pokemon. And I don't know about you, but Forretress isn't a bad Pokemon.

I believe there is a guide for that on the individual pages, and it just is individual. Agreed a Headbutt guide would be kind of nice, but I just don't see it happening for now...

AEPMT ;) :mrgreen:

P.S.: Here's an example. Aipom & Pineco Just make sure to get to the GSC page for it. I'm not sure if HGSS brought Headbutt back or not...

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:48 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Yeah, it did come back, and I forgot those were headbutt only! P>< I must have used headbutt a few too many times. XD

Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:00 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I was reading through my old strat guide for G/S and found that the percentages and what pokemon are represented in a particular route were the same in HG/SS. I've also noticed while headbutting that the same pokemon come out of the trees at the same rates and locations.

The only tough part, is being able to tell the difference between the small trees (which were headbuttable) and the large trees since in HG/SS they look all the same.

This of course has only been a casual observance. More research is def. needed. I too would like to see headbutt availability added to the psydex. When I first looked at it it didn't look like that eggecute, et la were available in HG/SS until I found the headbutt tutor and started headbagg'n some trees and found pokemon falling out of them.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:04 pm
The Geek
The Geek

The reason there wasn't a guide is because Headbutting is NOT identical to how it worked in Gold and Silver. It's actually quite a bit more complicated. That said, we now have not only a guide for it, but also have added the info to the Psydex.

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:58 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Although, as I mentioned in the comment section of the update.. I've gotten a Butterfree pre-nationaldex in the Ilex forest (HG). The guide says that Butterfrees can only be found post-nationaldex.

Either way, thank you to whoever went through the trouble of making the guide!

Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:56 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

thanks to whoever made this, it is really nice.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:56 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

The Headbutt Guide and all associated data (world map, Psydex) has been updated; it looks like instead of having "Pre-National" and "Post-National" data, it's Common and Rare, which is explained in more detail here: http://www.psypokes.com/hgss/headbutt.php

Thank you for pointing it out, puck269.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:31 am
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 12 posts ]