It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:29 am



Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 EV guide suggestion. 
Author Message
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 9:07 pm
Posts: 47
This is just a suggestion, but imho I think Poliwag should be added just under Poliwhirl in the EV guide. This is because he also awards 1 speed EV and while surfing on route 228 you have a 30% chance to get Poliwag and 70% chance to encounter Poliwhirl, thus giving the player a 100% chance to earn a speed EV. I know it's small but I noticed Wooper/Quagsire are mentioned in a good format so why not Poliwag/Poliwhirl.


Sun May 31, 2009 10:57 am
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:43 pm
Posts: 122
another question:

why doesn't it suggest training on the route from twinleaf to sandgem?

I find bidoof, starly, and the occasional shinx, speed, attack, and hp, and the mine provides geodudes for defense, and pearl has misdrevious and cleffa for sp. defense... and all of these pokemon are low leveled so you can train those newly hatched eggs

also, old rod makes a better speed in my opinion, because it guarantees an easy kill and a speed stat, and it can be used almost anywhere.

_________________
I had cool Images, but I can't get the format to work, So they are stuck on my computer.
[img] http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/59 ... ardrej.png [/img]


Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:32 am
Profile
The Geek
The Geek
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:10 am
Posts: 1535
Location: Milliways
Because, look at how many different EVs you just named for a single area.

The point of the guide is to identify places where you have the greatest chance of being able to raise only the EV you're targeting. If you're training for HP, your route is rather worthless as only a small fraction of the battles there will actually give an HP EV.

_________________

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat


Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:49 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.