It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Flareon Psydex Entry 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

This is the right place to post this, right? Sorry if it's not...I basically made an account to point this out, but I guess since I made it I might as well explore the forums (which I didn't even know previously existed though I've been using Psypokes for a while now, HA!)...

ANYways...I've been playing through Yellow, so I've been using Psypoke's Psydex (& the Comparer btw...tons of great tools really) pretty heavily...but the Level-Up Attacks entry for Flareon doesn't seem right...I think what might've happened is that the Yellow section & the Gold/Silver got mixed up when they were entered or something...This moderately sucks, I believe, because I ended up waiting to evolve my Eevee and since I followed that Yellow section, ended up missing Ember (unless the Eevee was already past lvl 16, I forget...)! Just thought I'd point that out...I don't even know if I have it right, I just know that the Yellow section isn't right...I haven't double checked w/other sites or anything else though, so if I'm somehow wrong and my Flareon's just a freakish monstrosity, my bad.

Also, I was wondering, is there any possibility of having the RBY Walkthrough actually cater to us folks actually playing Yellow? All I see throughout using it is stuff for Red or Blue...While it's not a BIG difference most of the time...is there even a place that says what aren't available in which? I normally end up having to open Serebii's RBY Walkthrough just to make sure which I can't catch or w/e...I really like Psypoke's though since Serebii doesn't even have the Mew trick (& in fact seems to not believe you can get Mew regularly)...but w/e...just a general wondering I've been having...

Thanks (or Hey, wtf...? :P) in advance!

Wed May 07, 2008 7:36 pm
Profile WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

Thank you very much for taking the time to register and point this out to us, V_Translanka. I used my Gameshark to create a Flareon and set it at level 30. I gave him a rare candy, no Ember. I leveled him back down to 15 and gave him a rare candy, and he learned Ember! That's pretty retarded, since you get an Eevee at level 20.

EDIT: This is turning into a chain of errors... the Psydex is wrong on a few other moves for Flareon too.

Wed May 07, 2008 8:55 pm
Profile WWW
The Geek
The Geek

You're right! Flareon's data allows it to learn Ember at 16, but you don't get the Eevee until 20.

Thanks for pointing this out.

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Wed May 07, 2008 9:10 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Oh well, at least Flareon's Atk stat makes up for it I guess...Just gonna hafta tough it out until I can get Flamethrower...

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention what really made me realize that the Yellow & Gold/Silver entries might have been switched, but my Flareon in Yellow learned Fire Spin at level 36, which the Psydex has right, but only for the Gold/Silver entry...it has Yellow learning it at level 44...So, yeah, Krisp, it's more than just Ember...

Hey, I was playing more of Yellow and leveling a Tangela (man is it harsh, it only knew Constrict for several levels)...and when I got to level 24 it learned Bind...The Psydex for Yellow shows Bind on Tangela as being level 1...for Gold/Silver it shows Bind for level 25, though, so I don't know if it was just copying Red/Blue and wrong...or if the GS entry is wrong...or if it's just a coincidence that it learned Bind close to the entry for the GS versions...

I haven't learned anything else w/Tangela yet, so I'm wondering if the other entries for it are right or not too...I might have to go and check somewhere else or just see how it works out, I guess...

Edited (nfield/09 May 2008): Welcome to Psypoke! While we appreciate your help on correcting our PsyDex, we do ask that you abide by our forums rules, which state not to double post (post twice in a row). Instead, just click the "edit" button at the bottom of a post and add more info. If you have any questions, feel free to message a moderator. Thanks!

Ack! Yeah, sorry about that...I also didn't notice the "Psydex/Moveset Errors" topic.

Thu May 08, 2008 1:07 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]