It is currently Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 A Suggestion for the Attack Type Analyser 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I was thinking, rather than just showing what Pokemon would be resistant against a particular moveset , would you guys bother editing it so that it can show what Pokemon this particular moveset would be effective against?

Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:20 pm
The Geek
The Geek

What defines "effective" though? That ALL of the entered attacks will be Super Effective? Why do you need more than one attack to be super effective against a given Pokemon? Just use the most powerful/accurate one as needed. And for that, it's just simply knowing types; use the Psydex Type Search so find all the Pokemon whose types are weak to the chosen attack types.

Unless you meant something different. Please explain.

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:02 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

When I meant Effective I meant Super Effective...if you didn't understand what I was Suggesting then here's the clearer Explanation:

When we enter the type the moveset consists of, the Attack Type analyser shows what Pokemon is resistant towards the moveset, as in, what the moveset is weak against. So my suggestion was this, to edit it so that instead of just showing what the moveset would be weak against, the Attack type analyser will show what kind of Pokemon the moveset would be Super Effective against, this would save us a lot of trouble cos we won't need to wreck our Brains to find out what our moveset is Strong against.

Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:22 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

And for that, it's just simply knowing types; use the Psydex Type Search so find all the Pokemon whose types are weak to the chosen attack types.

Exactly what you just explained.

Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:18 pm
Profile WWW
The Geek
The Geek

The way the page works right now is that it lists only the Pokemon that can resist ALL of the attacks you enter. As far as determining the ones that are WEAK against the attacks, it only needs to match ONE weakness.

For that, doesn't the Type Effectiveness Table suffice?

I suppose I could look into something like this; perhaps add a second tab to the page or something to switch modes. Then have it list ALL the Pokemon weak to even one of the attack types entered. Of course, I'd have to specify which of the types should be used, I suppose.

The thing is, when dealing with Super Effectiveness and trying to design a good moveset, it's almost easier to list the Pokemon that it would just do normal damage to. Perhaps I'll do that too?

Which sort of thing do you feel would be more effective for what you're getting at? Listing the hundreds that you can do extra damage to, listing the few that you wouldn't do any extra damage to, or both? If I did both, that would give us a full spectrum, I suppose; we've already got resistant, add normal and weak to the calculations and that would list every possible battle.

I look into it. For now, I have a Math test on Wednesday that I'm very far behind on the homework for.

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:49 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well...you can do both but just listing the Pokemon that our moveset would do extra Damage to should be enough...of course if you can do both I guess it'll be better right?

Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]