It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:12 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Need to amend your "Item DEX" 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hi.

I was just messing around on Pokemon Ruby, and I discovered something...

A "quick claw" (obtainable in Rustboro City) can also be obtained from a wild Sandshrew. The Sandshrew that I captured on my most recent game had a quick claw equipped on itself. So, I performed a test. I took a Pokemon that had learned "Thief" and I started battling wild Sandshrews. I now have an additional 3 quick claws that I have stolen from these Sandshrews. I think it's a wild Pokemon held item about 5% of the time.

On your item guide from the RSE submenu, you only list "Rustboro City" as the place to get Quick Claws. On your Pokedex, it does indeed list that you can get quick claws from Sandshrews about 5% of the time. Perhaps you could list on the "Item Guide" that you can also get Quick Claws from wild Sandshrews?

Just to let you know. :wink:

SilverGriffin

- Added 11 Dec 06

Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:33 pm
PROBATION
PROBATION

Well I didn't know that. I'll add that info to my website. Thank you!

Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:02 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Well the Item List's locations isn't an exhaustive list I think; it merely lists the most convenient way to obtain the item.

You've posted this in the wrong section though, so I'll move it to Viridian Forest =p

Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:29 pm
Psypoke Legend
Psypoke Legend

We actually had that information on Sandshrew's dex page here: http://www.psypokes.com/dex/psydex/027/general

But I can add it to the item list as well. Thanks for your efforts :)

Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:32 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Well the Item List's locations isn't an exhaustive list I think; it merely lists the most convenient way to obtain the item.

You've posted this in the wrong section though, so I'll move it to Viridian Forest =p

Actually, I really couldn't help which section it got posted in. I clicked on the "contact us" link from the main page, and it redirected me to the "help" section of the forum...so I figured I'd type my message and hopefully some webmaster would read it. Thanks for filing it in the proper location!

And, as far as the item list goes, you listed on it that "metal coats" are obtainable from wild magnemites...(something that I just LOVE exploiting...already picked up 5 of those so I can evolve my onix and scyther) and you list dragon scales as being obtainable from bagons and horseas. I just wanted to help make the list consistent.

EDIT:
TonberryKing wrote:
We actually had that information on Sandshrew's dex page here: http://www.psypokes.com/dex/psydex/027/general

But I can add it to the item list as well. Thanks for your efforts :)

Oh, yes...Before I typed the first message, I indeed saw that you did have Quick Claw listed on Sandshrew's dex page...and I am pretty sure that I noted such in my message.

Still, thank you for pointing it out to me.

You wouldn't believe just how much I lurked on your site before I finally joined the forum. I use the DEX, the Maps, and the lists as points of reference for my games. I usually will search for the answers to my questions on those pages...and if I don't find them there, I go to other reference pages.

You've got a lot of good information on your site.

SilverGriffin

Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:11 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

I believe the main site links to the Help section because that is the only section in which non-registered members can post. Anyway it doesn't matter; we'll move threads to the correct forums =p

I'm not a member of the Elite Four, and therefore I'm not in charge of the site content, but thanks (once again) nonetheless for your suggestions.

PS: Use "Edit" to edit additional content into your original message instead of double-posting :wink:

Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:48 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 6 posts ]