It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 1449 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 58  Next
 Creative Movesets *Announcement over DP: see first post* 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

ladies and gentlemen. Assuming that my understanding of a certain trait is correct, I bring you... The Anti Ludicolo!

Tentacruel @ Leftovers Trait = Liquid Ooze
+ Speed - SpAtk Nature. 252 Speed, 129 Sp Def, 129 Attack

Wrap
Toxic
Swords Dance
Sludge Bomb/physical move.

In essence, what this does is make Ludicolo's leech seed and toxic useless. Wrap it, Toxic it, and swords dance while Ludicolo wallows in its own mess of self damaging leech seed (assuming Liquid Ooze works like that) while you Swords Dance up to prepare to sweep most other opponents.

Of course, if Liquid Ooze doesn't work like that, just disregard this set entirely, lol.

Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:40 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I really needed an anti-Ludicolo. My brother won't know what hit him. THanks for the idea. It seems like the moveset will work like a charm 8)

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!

DUST!

Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:12 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I really needed an anti-Ludicolo. My brother won't know what hit him. THanks for the idea. It seems like the moveset will work like a charm 8)

careful, I'm not 100% sure if Liquid Ooze will work on Leech Seed.

Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:42 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

dragonfan#149 wrote:

Don't worry it works that way

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!

DUST!

Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:45 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Mr. Saturn wrote:
dragonfan#149 wrote:

Don't worry it works that way

kickass... I guess we'll get a tried and true test of the set soon enough, eh?

Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:47 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

ladies and gentlemen. Assuming that my understanding of a certain trait is correct, I bring you... The Anti Ludicolo!

Wrap
Toxic
Swords Dance

In essence, what this does is make Ludicolo's leech seed and toxic useless. Wrap it, Toxic it, and swords dance while Ludicolo wallows in its own mess of self damaging leech seed (assuming Liquid Ooze works like that) while you Swords Dance up to prepare to sweep most other opponents.

Of course, if Liquid Ooze doesn't work like that, just disregard this set entirely, lol.

I love it. This might work against other Seeders too, like Venusaur, or those who use Dream Eater or Giga Drain.

Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:56 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Beautiful. Be sure to let us know how it works.

Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:23 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Mr. Saturn wrote:

Wrap
Toxic
Swords Dance

I love it. This might work against other Seeders too, like Venusaur, or those who use Dream Eater or Giga Drain.

sure, but I think Venusaur tends to have Earthquake, so the second the opponent gets wise, Tentacruel's on his own.

Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:59 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I don't play online (I try to keep up through gossip), but I thought most Venusaurs were Sunny Day, Solarbeam, HP Fire, and Synthesis? If the Venusaur has these moves, then you're still set.

Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:32 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I don't play online (I try to keep up through gossip), but I thought most Venusaurs were Sunny Day, Solarbeam, HP Fire, and Synthesis? If the Venusaur has these moves, then you're still set.

I was always under the impression that they were physical sweepers more often than not. But that sunnybeamer set is probably just as common...

Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:44 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

{glalie} Inner Focus - Prevents Flinching

Hail
Shadow Ball
Ice Beam
Spikes

or

Hail
Toxic
Protect
Spikes

The idea behind this Ice Pokemon is an Eroder, the Hail chews away the enemy for 5 goes at a time and if nesserary you are able to swap over to another ice type straight after launching one last Hail attack. The Spikes can also damage any new pokemon that replace your last opponent.

The Ice Beam gains the STAB advantage while the Shadow Ball rounds off the attack power.

The other version is your classic Tox-Staller.

"If you want to stab someone in the back, you first need to get behind them."

Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:27 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I like the second one. This could work very well. I might test this.

Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:23 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

I like the second set too. Should the opponent switch out and get damaged by Spikes, or remain and get hammered by Toxic? Anyway, perhaps Rest over Protect can make it last longer?

Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:56 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I like Protect on there, switch off using Protect and Spikes and the result of switching out with just get steadily and steadily worse. Obviously we're going to want some crazy Defensive EVs . . . 200 Special Defense and Defense, 110 HP, how's 'bout? And for a nature, either Bold (-Atk, +Def), Calm (-Atk, +SpDef), Careful (-SpAtk, +SpDef), or Impish (-SpAtk, +Def).

Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:51 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I gotta say, that second one is really good, DPMG!

I think Bold would be good for the nature, and perhaps EVs could be 252 Defense, 252 Special Defense and 6 HP. (Just a suggestion)

Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:35 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

{articuno}
mind reader - sheer cold - ice beam - blizzard

Is it good :?: [/img]

Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:58 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

This isn't really the thread for that kind of thing, you may wanna try here instead (http://dynamic3.gamespy.com/~psypoke/forums/viewtopic.php?t=261&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0). We don't really do that type of thing in this thread, but that's the rating center. They'll help you out. This is more of a deeper strategy thread, goes beyond standard movesets and such.

But since you're new, I'll take a look anyway. :) My favored moveset for Articuno is Ice Beam, Aerial Ace, Water Pulse, Reflect. But Mind Reader/Sheer Cold can work great, but only if your opponent doesn't switch out after Mind Reader. But I'd replace Blizzard with either Water Pulse or Aerial Ace. There's no need for two Ice-type moves, after all, and Ice Beam has higher accuracy and better PP, hence, it's more reliable.

Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:54 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hey guys, I kinda lost track of the Pokemon I was supposed to test. Lemme see, I know I've got Cacturne, Vaporeon, Tropius, Dunsparce, Regice...

Mind helping me filling all the bits in?

Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:21 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

All of those, plus that Glalie, a Metagross and a Scizor of mine, and then a Pidgeot and a Ninetales, both belonging to Achilles.

If you'd be so kind. :D

Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:55 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I like the second one. This could work very well. I might test this.

It would be interesting to find out how you do with my Tox-Staller Glalie.

sNOwBaLL wrote:
I like the second set too. Should the opponent switch out and get damaged by Spikes, or remain and get hammered by Toxic? Anyway, perhaps Rest over Protect can make it last longer?

If Glalie had an Early Bird ability I would have used Rest instead of Protect.

I also thank papersun & RaichuLatias for their comments, its nice to get some good reviews for other Pokemon besides my Smeargles.

Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:12 am
Profile YIM WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

Okay, test results-

Dustox- Pretty good. Its decent Sp. Def even allowed to survive some STABed Psychics and managed to Toxicstall a few victories. Light Screen really helped. I think I might have to change Silver Wind-it just didn't give enough power.

Pelipper- Nice. Didn't KO any, but managed to at least Toxictracct a few, and Pursuit/Surf did some nice damage. It's a decent annoyer, though that large weakness to Electric is a bit of a problem.

Nosepass- Sweet. Managed to either poison or paralyze quite a few, thoug hit proved rather useless against Steel types (especially Spikers like Skarm or Forretress). The problem is when the opponent won't switch and take the little damage Zap Cannon deals, then pound you with something like EQ.

Should these be added to the list? Testing has been completed after all.

Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:10 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Should these be added to the list? Testing has been completed after all.

Yes.

Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:07 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

All of those, plus that Glalie, a Metagross and a Scizor of mine, and then a Pidgeot and a Ninetales, both belonging to Achilles.

If you'd be so kind. :D

Of course. Now all I gotta do is track down the Pokemon's movesets, write them down so I don't forget again and figure the order I'm supposed to test them in.

Oh yeah, and the actual testing. :P

Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:51 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

{xatu} Synchronize - If you are poisoned, paralyzed or burned, the opponent suffers the same/Early Bird -Awakes you from sleep

Rest
Haze
Facade
Psychic

or

Rest
Toxic
Confuse Ray
Attract

Both Xatu use Rest to cure HP losses as the Early Bird ability prevents them from sleeping too long and therefore place you in danger.

The first Xatu serves as a Hazer, using Psychic as its main weapon and if the enemy foolishly poisoned, paralyzed or burned you, not only does the Synchronize ability return the favour, Facade doubles its attack power.

The second Xatu is a Tox-Staller which uses Confuse Ray and Attract to disrupt the enemie's ability to counter attack.

Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:33 am
Profile YIM WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I think the second one works better, as the first one requires split EVs. You can't have both Synchronize and Early Bird, though. Not sure if it's creative enough; Toxtracctfusion is pretty common.

Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 1449 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 58  Next