It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1449 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 58  Next
 Creative Movesets *Announcement over DP: see first post* 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

It's not very creative, but wouldn't it save TM's to have {swalot} as a tank? It learns amnesia, acid armor, and toxic, so you only have to use a rest TM.

Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:57 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

<font color=ACEACE>A Stalling Salamence. I am not sure if this will work though I think it is cool, not really creative a moveset though creative for Salamence since not many people expect a Stalling Salamence. Pretty obvious:

{salamence} @Leftovers
[Careful Nature] Intimidate
EV's: (HP - 252) (Def - 129) (Sp Def - 129)
~Toxic
~Fly
~Protect
~Roar/Earthquake/BrickBreak

Kind of like Murkrow set, though this dude has better stats and will catch people off guard. This is also good for people who really need fly around the Hoenn reigon. Since it can't take care of Steel types BrickBreak or Earthquake is on there aswell.

Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:25 pm
Profile WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

Looks okay, but not that creative like you said. I don't think it needs much testing since similar movesets have been used effectively before.

Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:39 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I was just suggesting it, because a lot of tanks have most of the moves TM'ed onto them.

Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:12 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

{swalot} Liquid Ooze - Causes damage when opponent pokemon absorbs its HP

Sludge Bomb
Shock Wave
Ice Beam
Shadow Ball

or

Toxic
Encore
Yawn
Dream Eater

The first one is an all round sweeper, the Sludge Bomb gaining STAB effect while the other moves offer Electric, Ice and Ghost attacks.

The second one serves as a Tox-Staller and Sleep-Asorber, the Encore offering an unusual form of stalling and been able to cause the opponent to fall asleep and reducing their HP while increasing yours is also handy.

"If you want to stab someone in the back, you first need to get behind them."

Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:15 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

<font color=ACEACE>Okay, I know that that set was not the best. Though here is another one, an Anti-Focus Puncher:

{dusclops} @Leftovers
[Relaxed Nature] -Pressure Ability-
EV's: (HP - 129) (Def - 252) (Sp Def - 129)
~Torment
~Taunt
~ShadowBall
~Will-o-Wisp

I really don't know were this is going though it is probably great for all those bimbo's who think that FocusPunch is a great move. All you have to do is switch out your Pokemon when they first use FocusPunch to Dusclops. It will not do any damage, then Dusclops can start laying it on them, Taunt (to stop it from using Sleeping attacks (mainly Breloom)), Torment (to stop it from using it twice in a row along with other attacks so if they only have two attacks that are pretty screwed, also combined with Pressure it can eat at there PP pretty quickly so they will not beable to attack and do damage with Struggle though thwy will most likely be dead by then), Will-o-Wisp (since the attacking Pokemon will most likely be a physical gun, it also does a bit of damage). And ShadowBall to sweep. I am still working on it so if anyone has any suggestions that are better than mine please say them.

Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:12 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Impish
252ATT, 129SPD, 129DEF
Endeavour
Agility
Substitute
HP Bug/Sludge Bomb/Twineedle

Pooh, bad Beedrill and his sad HP/Def. I know you're probably thinking this is so Hitmontop. Meh. Agility over Quick Attack, and the last attack is entirely up to you. HP Bug for 140 Base Power (70+STAB+Swarm), Sludge Bomb if you can't get HP Bug or like the 30% poison effect. Plus, 135 BP isn't too shabby (90+STAB). And finally Twineedle if eithey you really like Twineedle or paranoid of Subs, though at 100 BP only (25x2 hits+STAB+Swarm.

Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:48 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

<font color=ACEACE>Okay, I know that that set was not the best. Though here is another one, an Anti-Focus Puncher:

{dusclops} @Leftovers
[Relaxed Nature] -Pressure Ability-
EV's: (HP - 129) (Def - 252) (Sp Def - 129)
~Torment
~Taunt
~ShadowBall
~Will-o-Wisp

I really don't know were this is going though it is probably great for all those bimbo's who think that FocusPunch is a great move. All you have to do is switch out your Pokemon when they first use FocusPunch to Dusclops. It will not do any damage, then Dusclops can start laying it on them, Taunt (to stop it from using Sleeping attacks (mainly Breloom)), Torment (to stop it from using it twice in a row along with other attacks so if they only have two attacks that are pretty screwed, also combined with Pressure it can eat at there PP pretty quickly so they will not beable to attack and do damage with Struggle though thwy will most likely be dead by then), Will-o-Wisp (since the attacking Pokemon will most likely be a physical gun, it also does a bit of damage). And ShadowBall to sweep. I am still working on it so if anyone has any suggestions that are better than mine please say them.

Looks great, but because it's main purpose is to counter Focus Punch, it may not work that great against other Pokemon. Perhaps we''ll try this out.

Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:34 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

{alakazam} @Choice Band
Focus Punch
HP:Rock
Shadow Ball
Return

Focus Punch and HP:Rock can pick on some double weaknesses. This set can REALLY screw people up. With Adamant nature, it has outsped Scyther and Charizard...but I didn't know their natures or Max Speed off the top of my head. It actually works. I've tried it several times.

Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:58 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Zammy: Meh, I'm not optimistic. Alakazam = crap Attack.

Beedrill: This looks like it has some potential. I always thought Beedrill was a little underrated. And I think we should remove Twineedle as an option.

Dusclops: Looks nice. Lots of noobPunchers out there.

Swalot One: No, sorry.

Swalot Two: It looks okay, but it has some snags. Encore, Toxic, and Yawn are three moves that make people switch out. And with Sleep Clause in effect for most battles, you won't be able to put more than two of their Pokemon to Sleep. And when you do, it's unlikely that they'll stick around to be Dream Eaten.

Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:07 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Okay, I'll pull out Twineedle and try both attacks on Beedrill. Btw, do you think I should keep with Liechi or use Salac instead? (Beedrill isn't the fastest of Pokemon, even after Agility). I don't mind. I like Beedrill.

Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:17 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

{chimecho} Levitate - Cannot be hit by Ground attacks.

Heal Bell
Light Screen
Shock Wave
Psychic

or

Toxic
Wrap
Torment
Taunt

The first one mainly serves as a supporting Pokemon with Heal Bell to fix up your burning, paralyzed, poisoned, frozen and asleep Pokemon in your group and Light Screen can be used to offer extra protection from Special Attacks even if you swap, the Shock Wave and Psychic gives it the firepower it needs in case you have to battle with it.

The second one is a different sort of Tox-Staller where you poison them first and then you use Wrap to keep them from running away and the combination of Torment and Taunt can really limit your foes ability to respond in any way.

Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:59 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

i dont understand this but it looks really hlpful

Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:33 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Focus Punch
Facade
Double Team
Attract

I know that Focus Punch doesn't work if someone hits you first, so you need to use Double Team to make it harder for them to hit you and if possible, use Attract to help you further. Facade takes advantage of all those status attacks like Toxic to make it more powerful and Facade also exploits the Guts ability to make it even more powerful.

{slaking} @ Leftovers (Male)
Hyper Beam
Earthquake
Toxic
Double Team

Normally I wouldn't use Hyper Beam due to the lose one turn after using factor and the 90% Accuracy but because of the STAB effect and the Truant ability (more like disability), Hyper Beam becomes quite fearsome, Earthquake provides Slaking with another heavy hitting attack, Toxic is almost alway handy to have and Double Team makes it a bit harder to hit.

Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:42 am
Profile YIM WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

{venomoth} @ leftovers
Attract
Toxic
Supersonic
Double Team

The beauty about this Venomoth moveset, is that the foe will make itself faint, and Venomoth won't have to do anything.
However, this moveset only works if Venomoth is against a male Pokemon, because Attract is what makes this set work. Though, by using Supersonic first and then Double Team as much as you can, that might work out if you are lucky.

Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:23 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Okay then

{venomoth} @ leftovers
Attract
Toxic
Supersonic
Double Team

The beauty about this Venomoth moveset, is that the foe will make itself faint, and Venomoth won't have to do anything.
However, this moveset only works if Venomoth is against a male Pokemon, because Attract is what makes this set work. Though, by using Supersonic first and then Double Team as much as you can, that might work out if you are lucky.

Unfortunately for you, any Pokemon that has Toxic can sit back and wait for the foe to faint, not just yours. I wouldn't consider this creative enough since this is just a basic toxi-staller. Sorry about that. As for the rest of the movesets posted I'll come back to take a look next time... Sorry about that too.

Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:02 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

{zapdos}
@leftovers
Charge
Shock Wave
Drill Peck
Light Screen

Shock Wave is just like swift, so it renders attacks like Double Team useless. Charge just makes it even more powerful. Drill Peck, a pretty good Flying type move, even more powerful since he is flying. And Light Screen to take care of his SP. Defense, which I think is his lowest stat.

Tell me what you think, and if you think it stinks, then give me some advice please. Peace Out!

Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:34 pm
Profile YIM
Lite Four
Lite Four

Here's what I got:

{zapdos}
@leftovers
Charge
Shock Wave
Drill Peck
Light Screen

Shock Wave is just like swift, so it renders attacks like Double Team useless. Charge just makes it even more powerful. Drill Peck, a pretty good Flying type move, even more powerful since he is flying. And Light Screen to take care of his SP. Defense, which I think is his lowest stat.

Tell me what you think, and if you think it stinks, then give me some advice please. Peace Out!

I don't think it stinks, I just think this set isn't creative enough, since most people using Zapdos will almost always have Drill Peck with an Electric attack. Also, I think Charge is useless. Since it merely doubles the damage the next time you use an Electric attack, why not just use that Electric twice to do the same amount of damage?

Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:49 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

This is one of those were you have to check to see if it works. Though I am pretty happy with it anyway:

{blastoise} @Leftovers
[Jolly Nature] (Torrent - Ability)
EV's: Spd - 252 Hp - 252 Att - 6
~Yawn
~DefenseCurl
~RollOut
~Earthquake

First, whack out a Yawn, then a DefenseCurl and then finally, Roll It all Out. This can be done with many other Pokemon including, Snorlax, Dunsparce, plus many more in Emerald, though they all have crappier speed, and this needs something with decent speed. If you do test this on NetBattle and it won't allow you since some moves are Emerald required, try this one:

{snorlax} @Leftovers
[Adament Nature] (Immunity - Ability)
EV's: Spd - Att Hp - 252 Sp Def - 6
~Yawn
~DefenseCurl
~RollOut
~Earthquake/Curse

Just like the other one, though much slower.

Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:16 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'm sorry that I can't provide natures. My ruby game disappeared.

{flygon} w/ Shell Bell
Earthquake
Dragon claw
Crunch
Flamethrower

This flygon with good enough stats could take down up to 13 types! With all of these high power moves, shell bell's usage is upped. One obstacle, however is PP usage. PP ups are useful, but not absolutely needed.

{ninetales} w/ Lum Berry
Attract
Confuse Ray
Toxic
Flamethrower

First use the first three moves to pretty much render the opposition immobile then blast away with flamethrower.

Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:24 pm
Profile WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

{flygon} w/ Shell Bell
Earthquake
Dragon claw
Crunch
Flamethrower

This flygon with good enough stats could take down up to 13 types! With all of these high power moves, shell bell's usage is upped. One obstacle, however is PP usage. PP ups are useful, but not absolutely needed.

{ninetales} w/ Lum Berry
Attract
Confuse Ray
Toxic
Flamethrower

First use the first three moves to pretty much render the opposition immobile then blast away with flamethrower.

Sorry, but these seem like standard sets to me. It's just another annoyer (Ninetales) and a mixed sweeper (Flygon). What we're looking for here is more of a deeper strategy.

Nevertheless, the sets you have there are good movesets. It's just that they aren't "creative".

Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:23 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Psycho_freak, your movesets are also quite good. There's only one thing wrong, and that's that they're both easily screwed up by Taunt, Encore, or others of that variety. Maybe with a little tweaking we can work through this problem (just not right now, I'm too tired :P).

Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:19 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Sora wrote:

{flygon} w/ Shell Bell
Earthquake
Dragon claw
Crunch
Flamethrower

{ninetales} w/ Lum Berry
Attract
Confuse Ray
Toxic
Flamethrower

Sorry, but these seem like standard sets to me. It's just another annoyer (Ninetales) and a mixed sweeper (Flygon). What we're looking for here is more of a deeper strategy.

Nevertheless, the sets you have there are good movesets. It's just that they aren't "creative".

Yeah. I'm not the creative type with movesets. As long as it gets the job done I guess. I'm better with contest movesets but I don't think those are really needed

Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:13 pm
Profile WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

Who said those aren't needed? There's even a Rating Centre for Contest Pokemon! You can have a go at being a rater in the Contest Pokemon Rating Centre!

Go here: http://dynamic3.gamespy.com/~psypoke/fo ... 58&start=0

Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:17 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I've got one, this works with a water-based team:

Tyranitar w/ Magnet/Mystic Water
Male/Female Ability:Sand Stream Nature: Rash/Mild/Modest/Quiet
Rain Dance
Thunder
Surf
Aerial Ace/Focus Punch/Torment/Ice Beam/whatever

Use Rain Dance on the first turn (unless you want the Sandstorm) Then Thunder will hit with 100% accurac & Surf will be more powerful. The fourth move will be what ever you want, probably a move that takes out a Pokemon it's weak against.

Here's another one, good for a Sandstorm team:

Metagross w/ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body Nature: anything
Sandstorm
Meteor Mash
Psychic/Rock Tomb/Hyper Beam
Shadow Ball/Earthquake/Aerial Ace

Use Sandstorm then whatever suits taking out the opponent's Pokemon, Meteor Mash is just for STAB Earthquake is probably the most useful move for taking out Fire Pokemon.

Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1449 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 58  Next