It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1449 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 58  Next
 Creative Movesets *Announcement over DP: see first post* 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Physical Sweeper Mantine

{mantine} @ Salac/Shell Bell/Chesto
Ability: Swift Swim
Nature: Adamant/Brave
EV's: 252Att/252Spd/6HP
-Rain Dance
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Aerial Ace/Body Slam/Rest

Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:07 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

my new poliwrath i just made, it works real well.
{poliwrath} @ lefties, or salac berry
sub
belly drum
brick break
eq

pretty good aint it

Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:19 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:08 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

The Mantine looks fine, but then again I've never been too fond of sets where the strategy has been changed from a Physical Sweeping set to a Special Sweeping set, or the reverse. As for Poliwrath, that's not really creative; people do use Poliwrath as a Physical Sweeper.

As usual, to be as accurate in our judgements as possible, second opinions are needed.

Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:02 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

{shiftry} Nature: Modest

Giga Drain
Faint Attack
Extrasensory
Growth

Designed as a Special Sweeper. Getting STAB from Giga Drain and Faint Attack. And covers it's fighting type weakness with Extrasensory, and the attack deals 80 and is used 30 times! Growth will increase all of the attacks as well.

{cacturne} Nature: Calm/Bold

Ingrain
Leach Seed
Gaiga Drain/Toxic
Substitute

Designed to be a tank in the battlefield. With Substitute taking the damage Cacturn can heal itself with Ingrain. Leach Seed and Gaiga Drain/Toxic will do a lot of damage to the enemy.

{smeargle} Nature: Relaxed

Spore
Nightmare
Toxic
Fire Spin/Whirlpool

Designed to damage the oppenent over time while it's sleeping. With Nightmare being the first move after Spore. Then Toxic to do real damage, and Fire Spin/Whirlpool does damage while traping the oppenent.

Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:22 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Psychic
Fire Punch / Calm Mind
Snatch
Knock Off

a good support alakazam, especially good agaisnt clerics

Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:06 am
Profile YIM
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Sorry for the delay. Also, testing results should come in soon.

Altaria: To quote sN0w twice, "a little of everything" and "not focused enough" pretty much sums it up. Basically, I agree with him.

Poliwrath: Standard.

Mantine: Worth a test, but I'm not too sure if it will turn out too well.

Shiftry: Found in the standards guide.

Cacturne: A common idea. Variations include things like Grasswhistle, Protect and Spikes, which are coincidentally found together as a Cacturne set in the HoF already.

Smeargle: Unfortunately, we don't count Smeargle because of its ability to have any move. Either way, Toxic will have no effect on a sleeping Pokemon, and there's no guarantee that the opponent will not switch. Sorry.

Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:12 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

what about my alakazam, i think its pretty creative and effective, and not to start ne beef and be rude but some of the movesets in the hall of fame are very standard like that breelom.

Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:59 pm
Profile YIM
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Breloom (being third from the top) is one of the very first ones that's made it in. sN0wBaLL has said in the past that not all of the HoF sets, particularly the early ones, would still be considered creative, while they were at the time.

Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:26 pm
Profile WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

Indeed. And don't worry, you don't sound rude whatsoever; it's a valid concern, albeit one that we have addressed before.

Movesets change as time passes. The first few movesets in the Hall of Fame were devised a few years ago. In fact, some of them were devised barely six months after Ruby and Sapphire were first released. As such, it's only natural that the movesets either become outdated or too standard as time passes.

Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:36 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:34 am
Profile YIM
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Alakazam: Well, I don't know how I missed that. :P Anyway, it's worth a shot. I doubt it will last too long though despite moving some EVs into defensive places.

Results!

Persian: I was right about it not living too long, and even though it got some power from Rain Dance, it wasn't enough to do the job effectively.

Houndoom: It worked pretty well, although it had to put up with switches once it came in every now and then. I'll just add it to the HoF, then.

Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:41 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

im just wondering, but what does creative actually mean in regards to this topic.

Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:50 pm
Profile YIM
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Different from the standard sets but still being able to work effectively. I think.

-Gardevoir~

Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:51 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

(Neutral Nature)
~ Fire Spin
~ Toxic
~ Charm / Protect
~ Bounce / Stomp

An annoyer. Not very effective, but it sure isn't standard.

Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:06 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Well you might want to read the details to the Creative Movesets Thread here, Omalew: http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=65

The Rapidash can be tested in my opinion. However, it might have some problem with staying in battle imo. With a trapping move like Fire Spin, as well as Toxic, it is obvious that the set is a Toxi-trapping one. However, such a battling role is usual performed by Toxi-Tanks, which can stay on long enough to wait out the foe KO-ing itself by Toxic.

As such, perhaps EVs should all be spent on defensive stats in this moveset. A defensive Nature would work well too. Rest can be used, and hopefully it works well.

Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:48 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

heres a pretty good moveset, it works well for me.
{typlosion} @ modest/petaya berry or lefties
flamethrower
sunny day
sub
hp grass

description: u sub once, sunny day, sub until u get the trait effect, increased fire power, than flame on. Hp grass for water types.

Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:45 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

1) That is way too close to a standard fire pokemon's moveset to be creative.

2) You have no EV spread.

Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:33 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

(Typhlosion) Yeah, it's a common set variation, so it's not that creative. And regarding the part about it not having an EV spread, that's fine because if comes down to testing that Pokemon, the tester will just apply one that they feel will work best. So, you don't really need it.

Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:54 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

it might have some problem with staying in battle imo.

I tested this a while back on NetBattle. Protect, then Bounce. You're immune for two turns, then they hit on the third. Leftovers will heal that damage up a bit as you repeat the process. Of course, it won't work on type-disadvantages like Rock/Steel/Ghost, and you'll get craushed by Weakness attacks like Water/Rock/Ground, but it's still annoyingly amusing. Rapidash has great Atk and Spd to help out with the Spin and Bounce, and 70 Def/80 SpDef is enough to hold out.

Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:39 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:18 pm
Profile YIM
Lite Four
Lite Four

If you had checked the test list you would have seen Alakazam still in the list, so that means testing has not been completed. Please be patient.

Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:16 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

eq
flamethrower
hp grass
brick break/dragon dance

Mixed sweeper, eq for electric type and rock/ground type, flamethrower for stab, hp grass for water , last one is for rock or stat bost

Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:50 pm
Profile YIM
Lite Four
Lite Four

That's a good moveset indeed, but isn't it a little too standard? The standard set is very similar to this.

Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:30 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Okay, yeah, I'm very new here. I've been perusing the main Psypoke page for quite a while, so for a change, I decided to poke into the Forums. Say hi to the newbie!

And I'm here to contribute a moveset. 8-)

Kecleon @Choice Band
Careful/Impish/Jolly

Trick
Skill Swap
Shadow Ball
Mimic/Thunder Wave/Bind

EVs: Max Attack, Split the rest between Spd/Def, Spd/Sp Def, or Sp Def/Def

Alright, so Trick is used to swap out the nearly-useless Choice Band for Lefties, hopefully. That's the first move to use, regardless of any strategy you want. Then after your opponent attacks again, getting stuck with one attack and Kecleon changing to that type, Skill Swap takes effect to switch the opponent's Ability with Kec's. Shadow Ball is there, since Ghost is weak against Ghost. One hit from Shadow Ball turns the opponent to Ghost type, so that Shadow Ball gets Super Effective. Mimic/Thunder Wave/Bind is basically a filler, but I use Mimic personally to steal a good attack that isn't ineffective against Normals. Bind is good to keep your opponent from getting away while you pester it with Shadow Balls. This moveset is an instance where being kind of slow is actually a good thing. :P

This is also a combo of both movesets off of the main site, plus an addition of my own.

This may have been posted somewhere before, but I wouldn't know. ^^;;

Omanlew wrote:
{charizard} @mild w/lefties or shellbell
eq
flamethrower
hp grass
brick break/dragon dance

Mixed sweeper, eq for electric type and rock/ground type, flamethrower for stab, hp grass for water , last one is for rock or stat bost

I thought I'd also go ahead and help out with this guy.

With Earthquake and HP Grass, the Rocks will already be taken care of, as well as Electric, Ground, Steel, and Water. Flamethrower is obvious, and a staple for Charizard. Brick Break is pointless for anything but Normals, which usually pose no threat to a Charizard anyway. Dragon Dance would be the better choice, but with only one Physical move, there's really only a benefit in the speed boost. Maybe something like this might be fun...

Charizard (F) @Leftovers
Jolly

Attract
Fire Spin
Toxic
Rock Slide

EVs: 112 Att, 200 Def, 198 SpDef

Yes, it's an annoyer/trapper Charizard. Now you may ask, "What crazy guy would use a powerhouse like Charizard as an annoyer?!" True, its defenses aren't much to do it, but that's where its moves come in.

Start off with Attract, then hit the opponent with Fire Spin and Toxic. Charizard's speed will be quick enough so that your opponent won't know what's coming until it hits. Rock Slide is there for the flinch factor. Now since Fire Spin and Rock Slide don't have the highest accuracy, this exercises a little caution on the part of the user. Good luck with this guy!

And even with this ginormous post here, I hope no one thinks I'm trying to do their job. ^^;;

Last edited by ~Zanguusu on Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1449 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 58  Next