It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1449 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 58  Next
 Creative Movesets *Announcement over DP: see first post* 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Even if the Pokemon stays, it can get pummelled pretty quickly by Toxic and Zap Cannon's massive damage, plus the fact that it'll get paralysed.

You do know that you can't Poison and Paralyze an opponent at the same time, right?

Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:18 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

The paralysis is for Steel types and stuff like that which are immune to Toxic. Anyway, regarding my earlier post, I did see the Vaporeon but I did not see the Tropius before, sorry about that. You can go try out that Tropius :D But I still don't think the Vaporeon is that creative.

Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:58 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Okay, Tropius to be tested. Vaporeon... I'm not sure whether it's creative enough, though. I'll hear a few more opinions.

I love Vaporeon as the idea as a full tank. Its massive hp, combined with awesome Sp. Def and Acid Armour can make it last a very long time, similiar to CM Suicune. And Water Absorb as well. Lapras could have worked too, but I chose Vaporeon because it didn't have any Physical weaknesses (Lapras has 2) and Lapras doesn't learn AA.

Nosepass sounds interesting, and defintely creative. I could try it out sometime, but the others first.

Test results will be much later now that school has started, and I'm already swamped with sets to be tested. Not to mention I'm in Pokemon Survivor (Activities and Competitions) and need to concentrate a bit on that too. Is there anybody out there who can test?

But I'll get cracking on them soon.

Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:07 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I've heard a few ideas, but can I have a physical sweeper/critical attaker moveset for hitmonchan?

Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:52 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Normally for such a request, I would refer you to the RSE Rating Center:

http://dynamic3.gamespy.com/~psypoke/fo ... .php?t=261

But I'm feeling charitable today, so here you are. Now, I'm not sure there is a Criticalchan, but here's the Physical Sweeper:

Hitmonchan {hitmonchan} @ Lefties/Shell Bell/Scope Lens
Adamant | I forget the ability :P
252 Spd, 252 Atk, 6 HP
~Bulk Up
~Rock Slide
~Earthquake
~Brick Break/Sky Uppercut
[/url]

Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:08 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

It's ability is keen eye, (prevents lowered accuracy) thank you, and sorry about that.

Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:46 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

It's ability is keen eye, (prevents lowered accuracy) thank you, and sorry about that.

No worries. However, I do see that you already have a thread for this topic. In the future, please wait for an answer there, or if you want one of us to come post in it, sen a PM.

:)

Sat Jan 08, 2005 2:15 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I wanted a few options to test out, and...well yeah. :oops:

Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:33 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Venumeleon and leet for, how's that testing coming? This thread has been inactive for a WHOLE THREE DAYS! Which is, of course, completely unacceptable. Let us know those results as soon as you get them, please. :)

Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:58 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Something a bit different... I dunno how it'll work, so I hope someone tests it

Banette @ Leftovers
Taunt
Screech
Psych Up
Destiny Bond

252 Speed, 128 Defense, 128 Special Defense

First Turn, Taunt. Then proceed to lower the opponent's defenses with screech. Finally, when you feel you've done enough, use Psych Up and copy all those poor stats. Now, a physical attack should oneshot you. This is when you lay down Destiny Bond. The opponent can't help but attack (This set is better if you BP Mean Look or Spider Web), thus killing you, and it as well... Of course, this does seem needlessly complicated, but that's because it kinda is... but nonetheless a creative moveset...

This was a random brainstorm, so if it doesn't work, it's because it sounded good in my head D: but it IS in theory a guaranteed kill...

Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:36 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!

DUST!

Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:39 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Something a bit different... I dunno how it'll work, so I hope someone tests it

Banette @ Leftovers
Taunt
Screech
Psych Up
Destiny Bond

252 Speed, 128 Defense, 128 Special Defense

First Turn, Taunt. Then proceed to lower the opponent's defenses with screech. Finally, when you feel you've done enough, use Psych Up and copy all those poor stats. Now, a physical attack should oneshot you. This is when you lay down Destiny Bond. The opponent can't help but attack (This set is better if you BP Mean Look or Spider Web), thus killing you, and it as well... Of course, this does seem needlessly complicated, but that's because it kinda is... but nonetheless a creative moveset...

This was a random brainstorm, so if it doesn't work, it's because it sounded good in my head D: but it IS in theory a guaranteed kill...

I have to say, it sounds BRILLIANT. This one just might be able to bypass the testing stage.

Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:43 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Going out on a limb here, but wouldn't you get killed as soon as Psych Up is cast?

Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:09 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

I sort of agree. It would be something like this:

Banette used Screech!
? defense fell to zero!
Banette used Psych Up! Copied stat changes!
? used Earthquake!
Banette fainted T_T

But I would say it is creative. Just not sure if it works.

Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:24 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

True, but online, most people will use a stat-upping move or something first. Most of the time, the ones who battle to win will send out their Physical Sweeper and start off with Swords Dance or Bulk Up and save Earthquake for later. I know when I battled online, I didn't pay any attention to a move like Screech until it had been used two or three times, and THEN I started to worry. But if your opponent is the type to come out shooting, maybe it would be best to put Attract or Substitute over Taunt, since once the opponent sees your Defense drop from Psych Up, they'll most likely go in for the kill without thinking.

Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:05 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

in a sense, Taunt kinda DOES tip the hand... but I wouldn't go so far as to replace it with a debilitating move, because then if the opponent is in love the turn you do Destiny Bond, you just lost your entire strategy. Maybe a simple attacking move would work (hey, it'd take adavantage of Screech...)

*revises*

same stats, replace taunt with Shadow Ball.

Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:14 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

First of all, sorry for no testing for a while. I did manage to finish up Mr. Mime though.

Unfortunately, time was not on the side for it. Let's take this:

Mr. Mime vs. Charizard

Mr. Mime used Substitute!
Charizard used Flamethrower!
Mr. Mime's Substitute broke!
Mr. Mime's Petaya Berry raised its Sp. Atk!
Mr. Mime used Rest!
Mr. Mime is sleeping.
Mr. Mime is sleeping.
Mr. Mime woke up!
Mr. Mime used Recycle!
Charizard used Flamthrower!
Mr. Mime was K'Oed!

See? Too long. Sad, the theory was great on paper, but it just falls apart. If only Mr. Mime learned something like Wish/Recover or was more resistant...

Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:41 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Oh, well, we've got plenty more.

Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:18 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Here is my ideas for Pokemon with fairly original moves

Hitmonchan
Swagger
Ice Punch or Fire Punch or Thunder Punch
Double Team
Counter

You start off with the Swagger and use Double Team to raise his evasiveness just in case the pokemon get unconfused and tries to hit you. The Elemental Punchs are used to add extra damages and effects and the Counter is used whenever a hit gets though.

Dodrio
Flail
Endure
Haze
Tri Attack

This Pokemon serves mostly as a hazer and it uses the Tri Attack in the hopes of inflicting a burn, freeze or paralysis on the target and the Endure and Flail combo can deliver the killing blow if the life points get too low.

Ursaring
Defense Curl
Rollout
Earthquake
Seismic Toss

You start the fight with Defence Curl to increase your defence and it also doubles the power of the Rollout(60, 120, 240, 480 and 960) as long as it doesnt miss and if that fails, Earthquake or Seimic Toss should finish them off.

"If you want to stab someone in the back, you first need to get behind them."

Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:00 am
Profile YIM WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

Hitmonchan's dismal Special Attack stat means that it'll never be able to use any elemental punch effectively. I wouldn't consider the Hitmonchan as very creative either. As for Dodrio, it does look creative, but I'm not sure about the Endure/Flail combo. If I'm not wrong, only Endure will let you go first, so unless Dodrio has a better Speed than the opponent, the sequence of battle should be like this:

Dodrio (already has low Hp) uses Endure!
? uses Return! (Dodrio survives)
? uses Return!
Dodrio faints...

So we'll probably have to test it out to know if it works. Lastly, your Ursaring. I still don't like the Defense Curl and Rollout combo, and I also don't consider it creative enough, so we'll let paper and the others judge.

*Maybe someone can test out the Dodrio.

Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:33 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Dodrio does have good speed, and putting a Liechi/Salac Berry will make it powerful, but it seems too much like a Enderver to me.

Ursaring is creative, all right, but weak. Rollout can very easily be stopped with something like Protect, and Sesimic Toss is a waste of its superb attack. EQ is fine.

Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:41 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

So we'll probably have to test it out to know if it works. Lastly, your Ursaring. I still don't like the Defense Curl and Rollout combo, and I also don't consider it creative enough, so we'll let paper and the others judge.

*Maybe someone can test out the Dodrio.

What is wrong with the Defence Curl/Rollout combo? Even if you only get 3 rolls in a row, the odds are that the Pokemon you used it on would have almost certainly perished and any new Pokemon that is hit with the 4th or 5th roll would almost certainly die in one shot.

But to be far as I do not own a GBA so I havent had the pleasure of playing the FR/LG versions.

Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:45 am
Profile YIM WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I am not sure if this any better or not but lets see how this team rates

Mild Hariyama
Thick Fat/Guts
Facade
Double Team
Focus Punch
Dig

I gave {hariyama} Facade to take full advantage of his Guts ability, the Double Team is there to make him harder to hit so Focus Punch will be more successful and I added Dig as a surprise because hardly anyone expects it anymore because EQ is so popular.

Naive Mawile
Hyper Cutter/Intimidate
Sandstorm
Tickle
Flamethrower
Ice Beam

Being a steel type, {mawile} can use Sandstorm without been harmed by it, the Tickle lowers an opponent's attack and defence further and The Flamethrower and Ice Beam give Mawile a wide range of types, it can attack.

Sassy Spinda
Own Tempo
Teeter Dance
Toxic
Hypnosis
Focus Punch

This {spinda} works by either poisoning and confusing its opponent with Teeter Dance and Toxic or alternatively, putting it to sleep and punching the living daylights out of it with Focus Punch and Hypnosis.

Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:41 am
Profile YIM WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hariyama- EQ deals double damage to Digging Pokemon, so no. However, I'm not sure Hariyama can survive the 6 turns to Double Team, since its defenses are pretty sad. A few good Aerial Aces can shut it down.

Mawile's Sp. Att is way too low to use special attacks. It's Sp. Def is also very weak, so Tickle is out of the question.

Spinda... I suggest taking out eith Hypnosis/Toxic, I suggest Hypnosis for Attract for Attractfusion. I'll wait for the others' say.

Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:07 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Regarding your Hariyama, I would say it's cool, because when your opponent tries yo weaken you by inflicting you with a status ailment, BAM! You use Guts and Facade to deal massive damage. On the other hand, this would only work if you are inflicted with a status ailment in the first place. Dig and Focus Punch are also not that good, so perhaps try something like Double Team, Facade, Brick Break and Earthquake. Though the moveset is quite different, it still works on the basic strategy of the Guts/Facade combo. Therefore your Hariyama still has potential.

As for your Mawile, I'll echo Venu's comments. Its Special Attack is just not good enough for Ice Beam and Flamethrower. As for the Spinda, I thought the moveset was rather standard, since most Spindas use Teeter Dance and moves like that to inflict status ailments anyway.

Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1449 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 58  Next