It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Thelegendary123's guide to the ULTIMATE Pokemon Strategy 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

WELCOME BACK to the TL Channel! Today, I'm Going to run through making the best squad for the SINGLE player game. If you want to see tactics for multiplayer, then look for my guide to PWNING YOUR BUDDIES. So then, strap yourselves in for the ride of your life
STEP ONE: CREATING YOUR SQUAD
First of all, DON'T make a squad full of legendary pokemon unless they are EXTREMELY powerful. In all circumstances, I have made my squad with the following: Emboar, Golurk/Ferrothorn (I switch them), Wailord, Hydreigon, Volcarona (NOT A LEGENDARY), and Lucario. This squad pulled me through the champion, and the only time i used my Zekrom was when I was powerlevelling my main squad.

STEP TWO: DIVERSITY OF MOVE TYPES
If you're going up against the champion, then you want to have a bunch of moves. Take the B/W Elite Four and Chammpion. Before you go in, Try to study the Elite Four and Champion's Pokemon Teams On a website like Psypoke, and then grab a moveset to defeat their pokemon. Try to get pokemon with these types: Flying (For Fighting), Dark (For Ghost and Psychic) and Fighting (For Dark). Also, try to get the Champ's team and get a typeset to defeat them.

STEP THREE: THE SCENARIO
Imagine THIS Scenario For the fighting Elite Four Guy: {lucario} verses {toxicroak}. Now, normally this would be tough to call, but Lucario Can learn Psychic, which is what I did. This, Paired with his possible move Nasty Plot, will empower it to the max. Result: 1 Hit KO. TOP TIP: Look out for the Sturdy ability. The fighting Elite Four's Sawk has it, so be careful or that

THE COMMUNITY ASSISTANCE
You know the drill: Give me some help with things I've missed out!

THELEGENDARY123: Proud Founder and Owner of the TL channel: Commited to bringing you the BEST pokemon banter of All time. PM thelegendary123 for availible positions!

Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:29 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Again, grammar and spelling check would be nice.

You mention that you shouldn't use Legendaries unless they are really powerful. Well, most legendaries are really powerful. Obviously, in multiplayer games they are banned, but since this is a guide on single player games then you may very well make an entire team of legendaries. Sure, there are moral issues to bring up, but that's the user's choice entirely.

I did, however, really like the thing about move diversity, and the stuff about Lucario learning Psychic. A lot of newbies forget about the sheer diversity of movesets that you can have (some just teach water moves to water Pokes, rock to rock Pokes, etc).

"You don't sit down and write a wish list about the person you are going to fall violently in love with. It just doesn't work like that."

Stephen Fry

Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:18 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]