It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Werewolf XXIV - The Battle of the Gods 
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Werewolf XXIV - The Battle of the Gods
ワーウルフⅩⅩⅣ - 神々の交戦

Storm clouds began to rise over the small castle. Something was coming, something big - and everyone was afraid. Then it happened - from opposite ends of the sky, two powerful entities appeared: one representing the power of Heaven; the other embodying the forces of Hell. They had been fighting since long before, but now their battlefield had expanded into the mortal plane.

The denizens in the castle began to panic. Some were confused, some were scared, and others just wanted to pretend it would go away. But the voices of a small group there quieted the masses. They, as a group, volunteered to go forth onto the battlefield themselves to stave off the threat. Some doubted their ability, but many spoke out in their support and wished them the best.

As they exited the castle and stepped foot onto the battlefield, the sight that awaited them was not what they were expecting. They expected an easy black-and-white conflict, but it wasn't nearly that easy. Who was truly in the right or wrong here? Was it Heaven? Hell? Or neither? The fight that would have been easy now became complicated. And thus they as a group had to make their decisions together, as to what they would do to combat this threat...or join it.

You are those chosen few. You are on the frontlines of the battlefield. The decisions you make here will impact the course of this skirmish. Will Heaven prevail against the dark, will Hell engulf the light, or will you strike them both down? That is for you to decide.

Welcome to the Battle of the Gods.

RULES! 'n' junk:

Quote:
1) Post in this topic saying you're in. Once you do that I'll add you to the signup list. If you need to drop, either before or during the game, let me know ASAP (before is best - during means I'll need to find a replacement). The exception is if your name is Haunted Water or Astra. Those people are banned from all my games.

2) Signups will go until Sunday December 21st, 11.30pm, Pacific Standard Time. Once that date comes, or we get enough people (ideally I want 24, though I will go anywhere between 18 and 32), I'll hand out the roles and randomly choose everyone's roles. Why is the sign-up time so long? BECAUSE I WANT ALL THE PEOPLE.

3) The game is going to start at NIGHT - so those who have night roles get to use those first. Most role cards have some sort of night role effect on them, so most of you will get a chance to do something. You'll know when the time comes when I hand the roles out. Night phases in a game generally last about 3 days of real-world time.

4) After I get role info from all the people I need to get roles from, I process everything, I write something fancy, and then the day begins. You'll find out who died (if anyone) along with various other bits of information I decide to slide into the start-of-day update. Then you guys vote on who to lynch. Day phases in a game generally last about 7 days of real-world time. The player who gets lynched that day is the player who got the most votes against them in that 7-day period, OR if a player had a number of votes against them equal to a simple majority (50% plus 1), whichever happens sooner. Then the day ends instantly and I write up an end-of-day update in similar fashion to the start-of-day update. Then the night starts and the cycle repeats itself.

5) At some points during the game, when circumstances warrant, I will declare a GAME FREEZE (all caps) in the topic. When I post that, no one gets to post ANYTHING until I say the game is un-frozen. Then you may proceed as normal. Generally, I will declare a GAME FREEZE whenever someone has enough votes to lynch them. Do not bother posting vote counts yourself; I will handle that. Vote counts WILL NOT be posted publicly during a game.

Other misc. rules:

~You cannot post during the night, during a GAME FREEZE, or if you are dead. First offense gets a verbal warning from me; second offense will make me smite you with the Hand of God and remove you from the game.

~Do NOT edit your posts, under any circumstances. If you made a mistake, wait for someone else to post and then re-post, but don't edit any of your posts. First offense gets a verbal warning from me; second offense will make me smite you with the Hand of God and remove you from the game.

~When someone dies, I will reveal that player's role, including name and alignment, and potentially other information. I will do that in the end-of-day update.

~You are not allowed to publicly reveal your role (i.e. quote verbatim what I sent you via PM at the start of the game). This will instantly result in your being smitten with the Hand of God. I will even smite you if you quote a FAKE role PM, so don't try it. NOTE: If you say what your role does, in your own words (a paraphrase), even if it's a lie, that's fine. It's generally not in your best interest to say what your role does, however, but it is your choice to make.

~You are not allowed to talk about this game privately with others outside of this thread, unless I give special permission (e.g. if your role says you can). This basically means no buddy-buddy stuff, no alliances, none of it. If I find out about it, I will smite you with the Hand of God, so please keep all discussion about this game in this thread. Any groups that do have permission to speak outside this thread, I will give specific instructions to later. Most likely this will involve QuickTopic.

~To vote for someone during the day, you need to bold and color-code your vote when you post. Your vote doesn't need to be the only part of your post, but it has to be somewhere in your post. To vote for someone, you need to bold and color your vote red, like so:

Vote: DNA

Code:
[b][color=red]Vote: DNA[/color][/b]

You are also allowed to unvote that person if you wish, and go vote for someone else to be lynched instead (you do have to unvote before you revote, though). There's no restriction on how many times you can unvote and revote during the day, although if I see it being used excessively, I may limit it. (You don't have to unvote and revote at the same time.) To unvote, you need to bold and color your vote green, like so:

Unvote: DNA
Vote: Hazama

Code:
[b][color=green]Unvote: DNA[/color]
[color=red]Vote: Hazama[/color][/b]

The above is an example of an unvote followed by a revote. If you don't bold and color-code your votes, I will not count them.

~Remember, Mafia is a game of misinformation. Do not be afraid to lie, twist the truth, or in some cases be so perfectly honest that no one believes you. There are virtually no limits on what you may say, so feel free to say whatever the heck you want in the thread, truth or lie. However, if you're still uncertain about something (e.g. am I allowed to say _________?), then feel free to PM me and ask, along with any other questions you have. If it's before the game starts, you can ask here publicly in the thread.

~Most importantly, have fun! If you don't, I will smite you with the Hand of God.

FAQs! 'n' junk

Quote:
Q: Are there going to be priests and seers in this game?
A: I dunno, maybe?

Q: Who gets a role?
A: Everybody.

Q: Can anyone join?
A: No, but thankfully only bastard mods are banned.

Q: How are the roles chosen?
A: Random Number Generator.

Q: How many wolves are there?
A: No idea.

Q: Can we track our own vote counts like before?
A: You can, but they're going to be wrong.

Q: Can I host the next game?
A: No.

Q: What's up with the game title and the Japanese subtitle?
A: You haven't noticed I'm secretly a weeb?

Q: Are you going to stop posting FAQs?
A: Yes, but not right now.

Q: I died and found out something awesome! Can I share?
A: If you are not a living player in this game, YOU MAY NOT POST. Ever. Not until I say so.

Q: I'm confused about something. Can I ask you about it?
A: Sure. I can't answer everything, but I will answer what I can.

Q: Is there anything else I should know?
A: If there is, I'll edit it into the OP.

Q: So does that mean you're going to shut up now?
A: Yes.

SIGNUPS! 'n' junk

Quote:
    1. "First Post" Kiga
    2. "Close Enough to First Post" Different55
    3. "Surgery Comrade" GhostPony750
    4. "Lurker Kohai" CuteKirlia
    5. "With Style" ChillBill
    6. "Sure" Cherrygrove
    7. "Life of the Party" Wailord_2
    8. "Mr. Spookylake" SanguinaryScientist

invite your friends or this game won't happen
don't be the bad player who signs up and forgets
you guys are better than that, right?
apparently I can't speak in haiku

ww24 lgi

Last edited by DNA on Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:19 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:10 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yes! Finally! I've been waiting for something to do around here again.

Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:10 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm in. I just had surgery (the one I was supposed to have back in September during the last game of werewolf) 2 days ago so I've got plenty of free time.

Edit: just noticed the sign up deadline. So much for the free time after surgery, but at least I'll be on Christmas break.

Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:02 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yey. Count me in

I might have the same surgery as different. 4 of them, completly stuck between my jaw and tooth. #Yey

Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:59 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I CAME BACK FROM MY HIATUS JUST FOR THIS!
I-if I ship or act trolly, do I get smitten with the Hand of God~?

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:03 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

CuteKirlia wrote:
I-if I ship or act trolly, do I get smitten with the Hand of God~?

Most likely, yes.

Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:49 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

GhostPony750 wrote:
Yey. Count me in

I might have the same surgery as different. 4 of them, completly stuck between my jaw and tooth. #Yey

Don't let people tell you stories. It's not that as bad as they say it is. When I told people that I was having my jaw cut up and rearranged and also was having my wisdom teeth out, they could not stop themselves from telling me their horrible experiences with vaguely similar operations and so far it isn't been nearly as bad as any of the stories they've told me.

Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:52 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Let's close my time on Psypokes with style. In.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:09 pm
Profile WWW
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Sure.

Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:36 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Cool! I guess I will join also.

3DS FC (Pokemon X) 2595-0552-0873

Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:02 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

It's a shame Mr.SpookyLake is banned :3
Ayy yo lets go

Black Friend Code --- 5158 2229 2547

Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:18 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Different55 wrote:
Don't let people tell you stories. It's not that as bad as they say it is. When I told people that I was having my jaw cut up and rearranged and also was having my wisdom teeth out, they could not stop themselves from telling me their horrible experiences with vaguely similar operations and so far it isn't been nearly as bad as any of the stories they've told me.

Oh okay, so it shouldn't be as bad as when they accidentally entered in my lungs with a tube supposed to go to the stomach! Awesome. :)

SanguinaryScientist wrote:
It's a shame Mr.SpookyLake is banned :3
Ayy yo lets go

And daym, I thought you said he was banned in the forums. o_O

Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:26 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

If HW is banned from the forums, that was not my doing. But yes, he is banned from all my games.

GhostPony750 wrote:
Oh okay, so it shouldn't be as bad as when they accidentally entered in my lungs with a tube supposed to go to the stomach! Awesome. :)

... ...
okaaaaaaaaay...

Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:19 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

GhostPony750 wrote:
Different55 wrote:

Doctors are smart

Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:12 am
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Hey guys, how's things? Have any friends of friends of friends expressed interest, or are they busy playing a game with too much water?

Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:02 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

The problem is the lack of Team Aqua/Magma, Groudon/Kyogre and Rayquaza appearing post game. Not the water.
And probably yes.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:47 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'll make an announcement on my site. We played a game of werewolf a while back and maybe one or two of the players would be interested in a larger-scale game over here.

Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:30 pm
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Friendly reminder that there are a little under 2 weeks left for signups. This is not only for people who might want to play, but also to everyone who's already signed up to see if they're still interested.

Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:09 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ah well, it's kinda ded...

Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:55 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Paitently waiting

Black Friend Code --- 5158 2229 2547

Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:07 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

^I actually visited the forums to make a post like this but when I got here you'd beaten me to it.

Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:45 pm
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

I'm sorry, but I can't run a game with only 8 people. When there are more peeps around, I'll consider it.

Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:48 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

;_; rip

Character limits FTL

Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:04 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Pbbbbbbtt jdfhgvvhfss
Im in

Goodbye
"

Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:16 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Dang it, HW, you got my hopes up thinking that there was going to be a new werewolf game but no it's the same dead one.

re-rip ;_;

Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:13 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next