It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 20  Next
 Werewolf 23 - Trust Issues - N5 Ends October 4th 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

There will be no more playing of the chris scumbag. Its already polluting my search results in youtube, and it's a stupid f*cking gimmick.

And you are wrong. There are two scum left, baka.

Goodbye
"

Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:17 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Haunted Water wrote:
And you are wrong. There are two scum left, baka.

You're doing it wrong.

You're supposed to let the players believe that until they kill 1 of the scum and then have them realize with a "jk lulz" that the game's not over yet.

...not like it was hard to see there's 2 scum left. HW stated at the outset there was 3, and only 1 (Torchie) died.

Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:36 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

oh wow I'm still alive
good to see you've been not taking my birdseed uvu

Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:10 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Anybody have any clues today?

Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:13 am
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Well, Fletchling got given his birdseed back, hence why he has 1 less mark.
I think I saw something else but I'm not sure. I'll have to think over it for a bit.

Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:19 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

DNA wrote:
only 1 (Torchie) died.

I missed something here. That's a great new, I thought there were still 3 of them.

Also, I thought about something guys... what if CK was in fact a scum, but she used some kind of camouflage ability. Because you know, she can't die at night. There is also the fact that it's the game host who revealed her "role", and it might be just another one of her abilities to hide. HW never played that music too.

I think it's unlikely that there is a troll, useless role, and if there is a camouflage role, I think there must be something to hide.

I don't want to jump on conclusions tho. What do you guys think? o_O

Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:36 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

GhostPony750 wrote:
DNA wrote:
only 1 (Torchie) died.

I missed something here. That's a great new, I thought there were still 3 of them.

I thought so, too. I went back and read the thread. Torchie was one of the modkills. They were the necromorph, and was aligned Scum.

GhostPony750 wrote:
Also, I thought about something guys... what if CK was in fact a scum, but she used some kind of camouflage ability. Because you know, she can't die at night. There is also the fact that it's the game host who revealed her "role", and it might be just another one of her abilities to hide. HW never played that music too.

I think it's unlikely that there is a troll, useless role, and if there is a camouflage role, I think there must be something to hide.

I don't want to jump on conclusions tho. What do you guys think? o_O

I've considered the possibility a few times before but I think that's getting a bit complicated. We could always have DNA kill her at night, although that'd be a bit slow.

Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:53 pm
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Different55 wrote:
We could always have DNA kill her at night, although that'd be a bit slow.

...how serious are you being right now

Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:24 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

actually, let me rephrase that.

GP, if you really want to test the theory about CK potentially being scum, the safest way to do that is probably just to lynch her. If I just mark her 4 times she will die at night and thus fulfill her 'wincon'. Lynching will most likely take her out of the game, but it would prove how true her role is.

...but why would you want to do that to begin with?

I mean, if you want me to mark CK over the span of 4 nights, I will, but the only real 'safe' way to test her role is to lynch her. This is, of course, assuming that HW wasn't telling the truth about her role before.

...is it just me, or did this argument somehow get even sillier than it began?

Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:31 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

DNA wrote:
Different55 wrote:
We could always have DNA kill her at night, although that'd be a bit slow.

...how serious are you being right now

Not serious. You'd probably end up dead if we tried that, and there'd be no way to tell what that meant. The other wolves could be protecting her, they could be framing her, or not marking you could mean that you're a wolf, or it might mean that they're framing you. Basically, I still think you'd be handy to have around (assuming you're not a wolf. You still haven't given us anything on your role) and that'd be a suicide mission. So, no, I wasn't being serious.

DNA wrote:
actually, let me rephrase that.

GP, if you really want to test the theory about CK potentially being scum, the safest way to do that is probably just to lynch her. If I just mark her 4 times she will die at night and thus fulfill her 'wincon'.

Why is that a bad thing? If you kill her and she's a wolf, then we're down a wolf. If you kill her and she's not a wolf, she wins anyway, so yay.

DNA wrote:
Lynching will most likely take her out of the game, but it would prove how true her role is.

So would killing her?

DNA wrote:
*stuff*
...is it just me, or did this argument somehow get even sillier than it began?

No idea. I don't have enough brain power left after school today to understand what all this stuff you're saying is.

Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:40 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm not entirely certain how to respond to this. Except with laughter.

For now, I have little else to say but the fact that HW posted my innocence. How much you choose to believe it, is up to you.
Oh, and have a free song!

*Starts humming Let It Go over and over, since is deprived of trolololly music*

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:46 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

So we have 9 people left. 5 votes for a majority.

CK and Fletchling are clear as far as I'm concerned. It also looks like we're all satisfied with TT's claim the previous day.

Following what DNA said earlier:

Quote:
At the end of the last day, CB posted in this otherwise-dead topic and pushed for a lynch. This is decidedly not scum-like behavior. (This could be a front to detract attention from himself and he could be scum too. I won't discount the possibility yet, but I want to go with something less shaky.)

I'll refrain from voting for CB for now.

Judging by his behavior and voting patterns, I'm pretty sure D55 is non-scum. I'm keeping an eye on DNA because of his earlier "lapse in judgment" but it seems like he is legitimately trying to help the non-scum.

How do you guys feel about lynching/marking Argo and/or GP?

Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:49 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I would be up for that. Alright, let's see what they have to say first.

*Takes out notepad, to take notes, ready to do this thing! Since I now understand this game a bit better, maybe*

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:36 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Quote:
So would killing her?

I would like to point out that lynching her would be 4 times faster than marking her to death. I'm not even sure if the game can even last that long. If we are to go after CK, lynch is preferred, I think.

Quote:
Basically, I still think you'd be handy to have around (assuming you're not a wolf. You still haven't given us anything on your role) and that'd be a suicide mission. So, no, I wasn't being serious.

Outside of my marking power, I do not have any other non-static abilities. My win condition is just to survive until the end of the game. My alignment is 'Self'. There's not much else to my role of worth.

Quote:
How do you guys feel about lynching/marking Argo and/or GP?

I am more wary of Argo than I am GP. To me Argo seems more scumlike than GP, even though they don't post/contribute much and only come in to vote/speak near the end of the day. However, Argo seems to actually contribute more and thinks before voting; from what I can tell about GP, he just votes and leaves.

...I'm guessing a tentative plan (until we change it) is lynch CK, mark Argo or GP? We have until Monday to decide.

Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:47 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Waiiit, I'm actually still being considered up for lynch? I don't know if I should take it like a compliment, or go cry off in a corner.

*Takes it like a compliment before going off to cry in a corner*

ANYWAYS. Since I'm too tired to think of a good defense at the moment, I'll at least state that Argo feels more threatening than GP does. Especially considering GP getting that mark at the beginning. If he was a wolf, why would he be given it? It points to him either being set up to appear non-wolfy, or to one of the wolves lashing out at him, or to one of you slash-y slash-y non-wolves experimentally using your slash-y power.

I may be missing something really important, thus rendering all I say as useless, because again. Tired. I just can't think, but I can't sleep either.

*Facedesks*

Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:35 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

It's kinda funny, I was thinking the same thing about Argo, but I can't find any reason why. Maybe it's his avatar.

Anyway, I still think that a camouflage ability is a bit complicated. The role HW provided makes sense with what we've seen. I don't think that HW would get involved the way he is with her "I LIKE MY MUSIC" if it were all fake.

DNA wrote:
Outside of my marking power, I do not have any other non-static abilities. My win condition is just to survive until the end of the game. My alignment is 'Self'. There's not much else to my role of worth.

Works for me.

Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:56 am
Profile WWW
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

From what I gathered from a quick scan of the above posts, the reason you guys want to lynch/kill CK is to allow GP to test his camouflage theory.

I don't know about you guys but I totally buy this http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=31525&start=300#p502605. Everything checks out so that means CK (along with HW) would have to be playing really smartly to be pulling off some cover up role. It would be much simpler to accept that CK got a troll role. The only thing we have to suggest otherwise is a groundless theory from GP, perhaps in an attempt to contribute, perhaps to divert attention, I don't know.

I am certain that CK is non-scum and so testing a silly theory would be a waste of a lynch, especially this late in the game. CK is an extra vote in support of the non-scum effort, or at least I expect her to be if she wants us to eliminate our suspicions of her.

Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:06 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Cherrygrove wrote:
From what I gathered from a quick scan of the above posts, the reason you guys want to lynch/kill CK is to allow GP to test his camouflage theory.

I don't know about you guys but I totally buy this http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=31525&start=300#p502605. Everything checks out so that means CK (along with HW) would have to be playing really smartly to be pulling off some cover up role. It would be much simpler to accept that CK got a troll role. The only thing we have to suggest otherwise is a groundless theory from GP, perhaps in an attempt to contribute, perhaps to divert attention, I don't know.

I am certain that CK is non-scum and so testing a silly theory would be a waste of a lynch, especially this late in the game. CK is an extra vote in support of the non-scum effort, or at least I expect her to be if she wants us to eliminate our suspicions of her.

^

Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:52 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

*Waves cheerfully! Feels no impulse to make self be eliminated by stupid inactivity and a win-less lynch*

Is definitely another vote in the non-scum efforts! Of course, we need to try and puzzle out who's scum here, still. Dangit, still two. . . must have counted wrong. ANYWAYS, does anyone have more theories or whatnot?

Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:50 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Doing what we did yesterday went well. It turned up a bunch of information and we got rid of a scummy character, although that was probably more luck than anything else.

Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:50 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: On Pilgramage, on this nice little planet called Earth. I don't think they've noticed me yet.
And from the top of the homework pile I realize...
Werewolf is still going on.

Where I live it's late, so I'll be keeping my two cents a bit short tonight. None the less, I have a few possible theories:

At the beginning of the day, Different's counter argument to DNA's accusations were sound. I'm guessing the "NS" that was in JsXtm's role card a while back stood for Non-scum, so there's that.

I want to point some things out here that are gonna take some time to explain... maybe even science... Let's get the Game Theory song playing. Here we go:

Look back through the enitire game. No serious, the entire game. What's one thing we can notice? DNA is practically running this game. Every other post is his, they're all lengthy, and not to mention he's accused just about everyone at one point or another. Yes, DNA is smart, DNA is tactical, he's a skilled veteran of this game, but he's perhaps using the only scum method more obvious than lurking the entire game: hiding in the open. He's been in control of almost every conversation, making sure he's the one doing the grilling, dominating the thread, and putting it on whatever track he wants. Practically every lynch so far has come from HIS theories, and HIS accusations.

Let's face it, the only reason he wasn't bandwagoned in the beginning is because the feels were too hard and we all felt bad. A valid reason, yes, emotions are good, we all deserve a chance to play without immediately being stereotyped as a player too good to be left alive, maybe it even proved that some of us still have souls, but really. Maybe it's time we put him back under the spotlight, instead of letting him play Sheriff the whole game.

Now, onto my biggest suspicion. I'm about to contradict myself by condemning DNA's control of the thread, and then immediately following up on something he said, but so be it if it gets my point across.

CuteKirlia wrote:
Word of caution: there is no Town faction, and there are no powerless roles.

*Looks at self*

Quote:
there are no powerless roles

Yeah, because playing music and general trolling is powerful![/quote]

I'm going to go out on a limb here and point the finger back at CK, even if the issue may seem already dead and buried. I think she just pointed herself out with that quote above, too. There's just one thing about her role that I can't shake off. Her Wincon just seems like an obvious bluff to me. "Be killed by a night ability"? Something only the wolves can do? So you're saying that the only way for you too win is to lose. So basically you're the tanner of the game. Okay, fine, I'll accept that. But from the variety of past experiences I've had with this game, I know something important about this.

Normal, when a tanner-like role such as CK's wins, Only the tanner wins. The town loses, indies lose, hell even the wolves lose for killing the tanner in most other games.

So that basically make's CK's role an invincible one. She can at any point clear her name, and discourage the town from killing her, and it just so happens that her wincon discourages wolves from killing her, so she can dispute why she wasn't used as an easy-kill for team scum.

Well nope. I don't buy it. I'm calling your bluff. I think her true ability was to be able to reveal herself as town, when she was really the enemy. A truly powerful role. And as we all know...

Quote:
there are no powerless roles

Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:15 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

I won't speak as to your theory on CK's role, Argo - because, even in games with jesters, usually the game host is nice enough to let the jester win and be removed from the game to let everyone else keep playing. (PMJ does this, I know that, but as for whether or not HW will do that, I cannot say.)

I will take on your claim about me, though, as I should.

I will state up front that this is generally how I tend to play WW games - not necessarily leading the conversation, per se, but at least being a fairly active part of it. I'll admit that I've been more of the forefront of discussions lately, and I suppose I did get a little lucky with my targeting-inactives method (which, though I would have rather it stayed in one place - however, we got to know about the roles of 3 people that way from being called out), though I wasn't leading it earlier on in the game - that was mostly JsXtm and Cherrygrove, not I.

And if such a tactic to remain active and assist in helping/directing the thread/discussion comes off as a scum tactic to you, then that is your prerogative and I will not besmirch you for that.

Back to the day briefly, in regards to who to go after, I have a few maybes tossing around in my head, but I'm not going to say any of them yet, until I can smooth them out and make sure they don't sound totally stupid.

Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:57 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

DNA wrote:
and I suppose I did get a little lucky with my targeting-inactives method

I will let you know that It is me who proposed this tactic. Also, how did you get "lucky" if you didn't kill any scum using it? The only dead scum was mod-killed.

And I agree with Argonaut about all he said. I guess you remember your complaint straight at the beggining of the game. One of the biggest mistakes made by liars is to exaggerate things, and give too much details. And when I saw this huge wall of text I became very skeptical. A sincere complaint would have been only one sentence or two.

Also, as argo said, you currently rule the game and every discussions, you still didn't get killed by the scum team, you seem to put the blame on everyone else, and it's inconsistent. When someone proposed to make you mark CK to lynch her, you asked me why I would do that, while in fact I never mentionned anything about lyching her. "My" tactic, but it wasn't your, probably trying to get all the honor for the work.

DNA, you act very strange this game, too many mistakes.

I think we let you play enough. I will vote at the end of the day so my vote counts for two. (my ability!)

Now I'm not sure about CK anymore. It was just a random theory. I'll check the stuff above tomorow, I'm on my iPod and it's late. o_O

Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:32 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Quote:
I will let you know that It is me who proposed this tactic.

really? could've sworn I was the one who started the voting of inactives. But my memory isn't the best.

Quote:
And when I saw this huge wall of text I became very skeptical. A sincere complaint would have been only one sentence or two.

All my sincere complaints are walls of text.

Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:41 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: On Pilgramage, on this nice little planet called Earth. I don't think they've noticed me yet.
DNA wrote:
...this is generally how I tend to play WW games - not necessarily leading the conversation, per se, but at least being a fairly active part of it.

DNA wrote:
...though I wasn't leading it earlier on in the game - that was mostly JsXtm and Cherrygrove, not I.

...This is true. Okay, so you're just more active than most. I withdraw this part of my accusation.

DNA wrote:
...I suppose I did get a little lucky with my targeting-inactives method (which, though I would have rather it stayed in one place - however, we got to know about the roles of 3 people that way from being called out)

This... actually saves your neck from my vote. You've helped the town too much. If you were scum, you'd be playing smarter than this...

I withdraw my accusations against DNA.

Since that's satisfied, I have only one thing to do.

Vote: CuteKirlia

If CK responds with as good of a counter argument, I'll gladly withdraw this vote. But for now, I'm going with my gut.

Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 20  Next