The Final 2: Vote for your favorite!
Poll ended at Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:00 pm
Bulbasaur 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
Charizard 75%  75%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 8

Ash's Pokemon Competition 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Darn. I came back too late and missed a round. :x Oh well.

Looking at the selection;
OH MY GIRATINA, YOU EXPECT ME TO CHOOSE?!?
No, I'm just kidding. But it is a tough choice though.

Uh... Infernape / Squirtle

I always loved Infernape, from when Ash got it as a Monferno. There's just something about it... Also, I like Infernape in general, biasedly. HANG IN THERE, THIS ONE'S FOR LEAVANNY. / :P I don't like Blastoise or Squirtle, and even though this one has glasses, this is no exception.

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:16 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Alright so here are the results from that round
Immunity: 1 {charizard} 2 {pikachu} 1 {noctowl} 1 {infernape}
Elimination: 1 {bulbasaur} 1 {squirtle} 2 {noctowl} 1 {infernape}

Ok so it's clear that Pikachu wins immunity for the next round. Even though Noctowl got an immunity vote, it ended up with a vote difference of -1, tying it with Bulbasaur and Squirtle. However since Noctowl did get two elimination votes while Bulbasaur and Squirtle only got 1, Noctowl is eliminated. {noctowl} finishes in 8th place

We are down to our final 7!
4 Kanto Pokemon: {bulbasaur} {charizard} {squirtle} {pikachu}
2 Johto Pokemon: {bayleef} {totodile}
1 Sinnoh Pokemon: {infernape}

With {pikachu} immune, you must vote off one of the following Pokemon for immunity and one for elimination
{bayleef}
{bulbasaur}
{charizard}
{infernape}
{squirtle}
{totodile}

Alright so get voting everyone and don't forget explanations!
Immunity: Bulbasaur. Stayed in Ash's party longer than any other Pokemon in the original series (the first five seasons) aside from, of course, Pikachu. Bulbasaur has been there for Ash time and time again and if another Pokemon along with Charizard was given a reintroduction in the Unova (or now Kalos since Unova is 1 episode away from finishing), Bulbasaur would deserve it.
Elimination: Totodile. Honestly it was tough but as much as I appreciated your moments of hard fought battles as well as comic relief, it's about time you go. You still got pretty far though :)

Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:30 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Infernape / Squirtle

I'm sorry Charizard, Pikachu, Bayleef. I just like Infernape better. / Squirtle. Still don't like. He never stuck out to me beyond having glasses and generally being less apreciated than the other Pokemon Ash had.

Win, Infernape, for Leavanny's sake!

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:27 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Charizard - Totodile
I don't think I've ever actually seen totodile in the shows.

Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:25 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Omygosh you killed the last birdy! D:
*Walks away"
In case someone quote this:
Bayleef / Infernape
This one is my favorite grass type line / Destroy this thing, I hate it!!!1!!!

If I could, I'd eliminate Pikachu.

Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:20 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Come on Ghost Pony! Keep voting :)

Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:45 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Different55 wrote:
Charizard - Totodile
I don't think I've ever actually seen totodile in the shows.

*Gasp!* You've never seen Totodile before? He had the cutest little dance! He's the only pokemon that Ash didn't catch in a Pokeball (I think…), but a Lure Ball instead, and he was almost Misty's. That was the battle where Togepi beat Pikachu! (sorta). So does this mean that you don't really know how horrifyingly powerful the Unown have the potential to be?

…Anyway, that said, I second your vote.

Charizard - Totodile

GhostPony, think of it like this. Charizard can still fly, so he's, kinda sorta, a birdie. As for Totodile, as much as I adore him, he's come far enough, and there are still others have farther yet to go.

Just a question, but when it gets down to the final two, will a hidden poll be opened to allow for uninfluenced voting?

Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:25 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Kiga wrote:
*Gasp!* You've never seen Totodile before? He had the cutest little dance! He's the only pokemon that Ash didn't catch in a Pokeball (I think…), but a Lure Ball instead, and he was almost Misty's. That was the battle where Togepi beat Pikachu! (sorta). So does this mean that you don't really know how horrifyingly powerful the Unown have the potential to be?

I think I remember that episode, but I don't remember any Unown in there.

Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:55 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Different55 wrote:
Kiga wrote:

I think I remember that episode, but I don't remember any Unown in there.

Oh yeah…I sorta went off on a tangent there. Sorry 'bout that. I was thinking of Totodile dancing in a 'war zone' in the third movie.

Sorry about that, I was just yanking your chain a bit. Wow, you must've been about four or five when The Spell of the Unown came out. No wonder you don't remember him. God, I feel old. I can't even remember if I was in the third or the fourth grade when that was in theaters…okay, maybe I don't feel that old.

Sorry, I'm rambling. I tend to ramble when I'm tired and stressed, so basically every night for the last two weeks of every semester are spent rambling whenever I try to write something…

…yeah, I'm gonna go to bed now.

Sorry.

Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:30 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Uhhhhhhh...

{squirtle} / {pikachu}

Last round, it came really close to Squirtle getting eliminated... He must be in the top three. / OH MY GOSH A PIKACHU! THAT'S NOT CLICHE AT ALL! :x No... You've made it far enough, Pika. Now thou must die. (No offense)

WAIT! Immunity... *slaps self*

In that case, Bayleef is my elimination vote.

XD Yup...

Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:46 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Sorry for the delay I got super busy but now it's tallying time!

Immunity: 3 Charizard 1 Squirtle 1 Infernape
Elimination: 1 Squirtle 1 Pikachu 3 Totodile

So it's pretty obvious that Charizard wins immunity and Totodile gets eliminated. Sorry {totodile} but you get 7th place

41st: Pignite 40th: Muk 39th: Glalie 38th: Haunter 37th: Ambipom 36th: Tauros 35th: Primeape 34th: Gliscor 33rd: Torkoal 32nd: Palpitoad 31st: Oshawott 30th: Unfezant 29th: Boldore 28th: Snivy 27th: Corphish 26th: Heracross 25th: Scraggy 24th: Gible 23rd: Larvitar 22nd: Leavanny 21st: Swellow 20th: Sceptile 19th: Pidgeot 18th: Buizel 17th: Kingler 16th: Donphan 15th: Staraptor 14th: Torterra 13th: Krookodile 12th: Quilava 11th: Snorlax 10th: Lapras 9th: Butterfree 8th: Noctowl 7th: Totodile

Final 6
Kanto: {bulbasaur} {charizard} {squirtle} {pikachu}
Johto: {bayleef}
Sinnoh: {infernape}

{charizard} is safe this round so vote for one of the following players to receive immunity and one to be eliminated next:
{bayleef}
{bulbasaur}
{infernape}
{pikachu}
{squirtle}

Alright let's see how many votes we get in a few days.

My vote
Immunity: {pikachu} It's gotta be in the top 5 at least IMO.
Elimination: {infernape} I thought about this vote a lot and I felt best about getting rid of Infernape.

Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:36 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

It's getting tougher to vote now...

{squirtle} / {pikachu}

Self explanatory... THE MOST AMAZING SQUIRTLE EVER! :D

OH MY GOSH A PIKACHU! THAT'S NOT CLICHE AT ALL! :x

XD Yup...

Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:25 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Pikachu - Infernape

Pikachu deserves the Top Five, at least, not to be dumped at number six. What's so cliche about Pikachu anyway?

I really like Infernape, but I never watched Sinnoh. I at least have good memories of the rest of them.

Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:57 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

{bayleef} / {infernape}
Favorite grass and one of my least favorite pokemon.

Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:18 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

{infernape} / {squirtle}

Please don't die yet! You are the best one of his Pokemon except Leavanny! / GOOOOOODBYE BLUE TURTLE!

(Did I figure out the Pokemon Icons? {kirlia})

Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:31 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Kiga wrote:
Pikachu - Infernape

Pikachu deserves the Top Five, at least, not to be dumped at number six. What's so cliche about Pikachu anyway?

I really like Infernape, but I never watched Sinnoh. I at least have good memories of the rest of them.

I, different55, agree with all statements made in this post and hereby vote for bulbasaur - infernape since it looks like squirtle and pikachu are sorta safe this round.

Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:05 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Sorry it took me a while to end this round. I've been busy
Immunity votes: 1 Bulbasaur 1 Squirtle 2 Pikachu 1 Bayleef 1 Infernape
Elimination votes: 1 Pikachu 1 Squirtle 4 Infernape

Ok so {pikachu} wins immunity and {infernape}, the last Sinnoh Pokemon standing, gets 6th place.

Final 5
4 Kanto: {bulbasaur} {charizard} {squirtle} {pikachu}
1 Johto: {bayleef}

With Pikachu immune, that leaves these four options. Vote for one of them to have immunity and one of them to be eliminated
{bayleef}
{bulbasaur}
{charizard}
{squirtle}

Alright get voting!

My vote
Immunity {bulbasaur} Elimination {charizard}

Bulbasaur has consistently been there for Ash and has just been pretty cool over the years. One of my favorites.
Charizard for elimination because of his overratedness and fans tend to see all of its strengths and none of its weaknesses, like the fact he cost Ash the Indigo League. So he can go now. This is good enough for him.

Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:28 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hmm. We are down to the starters, and the yellow rat.

{bayleef} / {charizard}

My favorite out of the remaining. (Why you have to die, Infernape?) / Bandwagon party! Losing a league is a big no-no, charizard. Bye-bye!

Last edited by CuteKirlia on Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:58 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Bulbasaur - Charizard

Favorite - League-losing is bad and charizard should feel bad

Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:23 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

vaporterra wrote:
"and {infernape}, the last Sinnoh Pokemon standing, gets 6th place."

OH YESSSS!!!!! You died horrible monkey! :twisted: :lol:

Well okay.. time to vote...:

{charizard} / {pikachu}
I've gone through Firered too much times with it to dislike it, and last birdy. / There's too much mouses in this game, with more than enough of them being electric. So eradicate this thing. :mrgreen:

Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:14 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

GhostPony750 wrote:
OH YESSSS!!!!! You died horrible monkey! :twisted: :lol:

*Cries*

GhostPony750 wrote:
{charizard}
I've gone through Firered too much times with it to dislike it, and last birdy. :

Charizard is a dragon/flying lizard/something on fire. Not a bird.

Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:04 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Ah, but remember, Charizard can fly, so he is in a sense, a birdie. (Plus, remember, he left because the last birdie was voted off, so please don't scare him away… =))

Also, Pikachu has immunity, and so cannot be voted out this round.

On to my vote:

Charizard - Bayleef

*sigh* Why pick on Charizard now? Yes, he lost Ash the Indigo League, and that is, admittedly, a large point against him, but that disobedience was overcome! That weakness, that flaw, it's been overcome and replaced with respect! Why, at the very next (full) Championship, Charizard helped Ash to finally defeat Gary, a long time rival, and against his own weakness! Traditionally speaking, if Pikachu wasn't already his starter, then Charizard would be, just by the definition of that battle! Ash didn't even use Pikachu there.

If that's not enough reason, then let's not forget that, if not for Charizard, Ash would have been killed by the Unown-born Entei? Ash didn't even have Charizard with him at the time, and he was still loyal enough that when he saw that Ash was in trouble, he still came to help, and Ash would have fallen to his death if not for that loyalty, no 'if', 'and's, or 'but's about it. That's more than overrated fan opinion or belief in a Godlike-Mega-power that's not really there, that's actual loyalty and care, and something that would not have happened immediately following the Indigo League.

As for Bayleef…I wish I could skip this part, I really do, because I like all of those who remain, but that won't actually work, so…I vote for Bayleef's elimination, not because I want to, but because I need to, and because, although Bayleef's 'crush' on Ash was cute, at this point, I have to go with actual relationships with Ash, as opposed to jumping on the bandwagon to get the less viable pokemon out. So, while his relationship with her is there, it doesn't stand out as strongly as the relationships to the others in my mind, with the possible exception to Squirtle.

Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:46 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Convincing speech, Kiga. Don't mind a vote change, do you vapor?

{charizard} / {squirtle}

Now I see the strong points. The respect he now has for Ash (A respect many do not share), does seem to overcome the disobedience and flaws eventually. / Squirtle does have an interesting background story, and the glasses are nice, but I feel as if he never particularly connected with Ash. Just as well, he's rather my least favorite out of those left. Yes, even with the yellow rat (with whom I point out Ash wouldn't be Ash without, Pony) included.

Oh, and I suppose I shall limitedly accept Charizard as a "birdie"... limitedly.

Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:12 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Changing to
bulbasaur - squirtle

Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:11 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

No... I'm sorry, Infernape... You could've made it if I voted for you... *cries with Cutekirkia*
*five minutes later*

{charizard} / {bulbasaur}

YOU HAVE TO LIVE! PLEASE! FOR INFERNAPE!

Meh.

XD Yup...

Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next