Poll ended at Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:00 pm
Bulbasaur 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
Charizard 75%  75%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 8

Ash's Pokemon Competition 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Another round has concluded! Let's see the results

Immunity Votes: 1 Charizard 2 Pikachu 2 Lapras 1 Sceptile 1 Swellow 1 Infernape 1 Snivy 1 Leavanny
Elimination Votes: 1 Heracross 1 Larvitar 1 Sceptile 1 Swellow 1 Buizel 1 Gible 1 Snivy 1 Oshawott 1 Unfezant 1 Boldore

So Pikachu and Lapras win immunity! The elimination should be interesting though. Since Sceptile, Swellow, and Snivy each got an immunity vote this round, that trio is safe. As for Heracross, Larvitar, Buizel, Gible, Oshawott, Unfezant, and Boldore, we'll take it to past votes:
Heracross: 1
Larvitar: 1
Buizel: 0
Gible: 0
Oshawott: 3
Unfezant: 2
Boldore: 0

So with that it's a double Unova elimination. Oshawott and Unfezant are out. Let's take a look at the Pokemon eliminated so far
41st: Pignite 40th: Muk 39th: Glalie 38th: Haunter 37th: Ambipom 36th: Tauros 35th: Primeape 34th: Gliscor 33rd: Torkoal 32nd: Palpitoad 31st: Oshawott 30th: Unfezant

3 straight Unova Pokemon have been voted off
29 are left but only 27 can be voted since Pikachu and Lapras are safe! Here are your options

{bayleef}
Boldore
{buizel}
{bulbasaur}
{butterfree}
{charizard}
{corphish}
{donphan}
{gible}
{heracross}
{infernape}
{kingler}
Krookodile
{larvitar}
Leavanny
{noctowl}
{pidgeot}
{quilava}
{sceptile}
Scraggy
Snivy
{snorlax}
{squirtle}
{staraptor}
{swellow}
{torterra}
{totodile}

Same procedure. I said this would only last until top 25 but since I think this game is moving at a reasonable pace, it'll probably be in place until the final 9 or something. Any objections?

Alright so get voting! Please get others to vote too! More people voting=more fun

Immunity Votes: Bulbasaur and Snorlax. Just paying a tribute to two cool Pokemon that have been around a while.
Elimination Votes: Larvitar and Boldore. Larvitar for reasons I stated before and Boldore because it had some moments but it's not that great. Not too memorable and I shouldn't blame it for being inconsistent but it's weird that it can beat Excadrill but lose to Koffing. Just not too likeable.

Last edited by vaporterra on Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:50 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

{swellow} {pidgeot} / Snivy Boldore
I like birdies, and these are just because.

Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:40 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

{charizard}+{torterra}/ {swellow}+{totodile}

Already stated/ Not my fav, and is reaally waaaaaaay to excited all the time.

Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:30 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Pidgeot - Bulbasaur / Boldore - Swellow

I guess I'll jump on the bandwagon, for now. Still, I do like and don't care about each of these choices respectively.

Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:50 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Leavanny - Bulbasaur / Swellow - Heracross

Love it, no reason beyond typical lovability still. Oh wait, I also got a French Leavanny, so I prefer Leavanny to lots of other Unova Pokemon somehow. - Liked much more than any other Kanto Pokemon, 'cept maybe 'chu. / BANDWAGON PARTY! Never stands out anyway. The birdies are always fairly boring, 'cept Noctowl. - *Shudder*

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:09 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Swellow - Bulbasaur / Snivy - Heracross
He was a pretty big part of the team in Battle Frontier, I think - I like 'im. / Never heard of this pokemon, and I don't like the name - Couldn't think of anything, so I copied CuteKirlia.

Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:24 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

{squirtle} {charizard} / Scraggy {noctowl}
Already said/HEADBUTT! NO! And... Already stated.

So much happened since I was gone... :?

XD Yup...

Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:43 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

We got a decent turn out by this website's standards which are much lower than they were in the Generation 4 era but anyway this round is over so let's tally the votes

Immunity: 4 Bulbasaur 2 Charizard 1 Squirtle 2 Pidgeot 1 Snorlax 2 Swellow 1 Torterra 1 Leavanny
Elimination: 1 Totodile 1 Noctowl 2 Heracross 1 Larvitar 3 Swellow 2 Snivy 3 Boldore 1 Scraggy
Clearly Bulbasaur is immune but you know what? Since Charizard, Pidgeot, and Swellow each got more than 1 vote and to make up for the rounds that only had 1 immune Pokemon, all four win immunity. Well actually, only Bulbasaur, Charizard, and Pidgeot will be immune since Swellow got negative votes.

For elimination, obviously Boldore is out. That leaves Heracross and Snivy tied with the next largest deficit so let's review their past votes.
Heracross: 2
Snivy: 3

So with that Heracross survives for another round and Snivy is eliminated. 29th place for Boldore and 28th place for Snivy. That extends the streak of Unova Pokemon that have been eliminated in a row to FIVE.

27 Pokemon are left. Bulbasaur, Charizard, and Pidgeot are immune so that leaves 24 options for this round:
{bayleef}
{buizel}
{butterfree}
{corphish}
{donphan}
{gible}
{heracross}
{infernape}
{kingler}
Krookodile
{larvitar}
{lapras}
Leavanny
{noctowl}
{pikachu}
{quilava}
{sceptile}
Scraggy
{snorlax}
{squirtle}
{staraptor}
{swellow}
{torterra}
{totodile}

Alright so vote 2 Pokemon to have immunity and 2 Pokemon to be eliminated. Hopefully everyone who voted last time votes again this time and maybe a new person or two shows up. Hopefully

Immunity Votes: Lapras and Butterfree. Even though they're currently not with Ash any more, they were definitely pretty important to him and they're just very likeable
Elimination Votes: Corphish and Gible. They've had their moments but I'm not their biggest fans.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:38 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

You forgot Pidgeot on your list. ;)

{swellow} {noctowl} / {heracross} {snorlax}
Save the birdies - Never really liked them, never felt anything for Snorlax.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:17 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Leavanny - Noctowl / Heracross - Squirtle
Love unconditionally. - Got a thing for shiny Psychic birdies. / *Shudder* - Not particularly likeable to me.

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:10 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

@GhostPony750 No I didn't. Pidgeot is immune so you can't vote for Pidgeot this round
@CuteKirlia Well Noctowl has Psychic moves but isn't a psychic type. Same boat as Pokemon like Golduck and Venomoth

Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:12 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Oh. That would explain some things. Still, it's close enough for me. :)

...I am reminded of the time I thought Swablu and Altaria originally came from Sinnoh.

Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:33 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Butterfree - Gible / Corphish - Heracross

It's Butterfree.

I like the concept behind Gible, that is, Ash having the baby of a Pseudo-Legendary Dragon. I was worried for a while near the beginning of BW that he would give it to Iris at some point, honestly…

Corphish…is Corphish. I don't really like him. Maybe if he evolved. Heracross has traumatized Kirlia.

Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:54 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

{squirtle} {heracross} / Scraggy {sceptile}

It's Squirtle.

Heracross I kinda found cool. Just cool enough for me to vote for it.

Already said.

WHY'D YOU EVOLVE, SCEPTILE? YOU WERE AWESOME AS A GROVYLE!

XD Yup...

Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:57 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Took a little longer due to psypokes' maintenance but I'm back and let's tally the votes

Immunity: 1 Squirtle 2 Butterfree 1 Lapras 2 Noctowl 1 Heracross 1 Swellow 1 Leavanny 1 Gible
Elimination: 1 Squirtle 1 Snorlax 3 Heracross 1 Sceptile 2 Corphish 1 Gible 1 Scraggy

Ok so this worked out good enough. With 2 votes each, Butterfree and Noctowl win immunity for next round. And Heracross and Corphish were the only Pokemon that got more than 1 elimination vote so they're done. Since Heracross got an immunity vote, Heracross gets one place higher than Corphish. 27th place for Corphish and 26th place for Heracross

That leaves us with 25 Pokemon. Butterfree and Noctowl are immune so you cannot vote for them this round. These 23 Pokemon are your options
{bayleef}
{buizel}
{bulbasaur}
{charizard}
{donphan}
{gible}
{infernape}
{kingler}
Krookodile
{lapras}
{larvitar}
Leavanny
{pidgeot}
{pikachu}
{quilava}
{sceptile} (for the record, I did like Grovyle, but after the first few episodes after its evolution, Sceptile continued to be badass so I don't get the complaints)
Scraggy
{snorlax}
{squirtle}
{staraptor}
{swellow}
{torterra}
{totodile}

Vote 2 Pokemon to have immunity and 2 Pokemon to be eliminated. 6-7 voters at least would be cool. Continue to spread the word. I know we're not the only ones left on this website lol

Immunity Votes: Sceptile and Staraptor. I think Sceptile could use some props and respect. And I like how Staraptor was a lesson to Paul that with enough training, seemingly weak Pokemon can someday become a lot stronger.

Elimination Votes: Larvitar and Gible. The votes are getting harder and I like the Pokemon that are left but Larvitar definitely needs to go at this point. Didn't contribute much to Ash's journey in the long run. And Gible is just not my favorite. I explained my votes for him already.

I'll give this round 3 or 4 days.

Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:50 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

{pidgeot} {swellow} / {gible} {infernape}
birdies - I hate aipom and its awfully horrible evo, so I guess I'll hate all the monkey Pokemon. Also, gible doesn't look great.

Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:15 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Leavanny - Staraptor / Donphan - Sceptile

This is a given. - The lesson idea sounds great too, though I haven't see that episode. Like, I thought it was hopeless to keep training my Kricketot, but she's a great Kricketune now. / I know you might think otherwise, but I STILL WISH THEY NEVER EVOLVED! I just liked Phanpy better as Phanpy, and Grovyle remain semi-cool after evolution, still not enough for me.

Last edited by CuteKirlia on Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:15 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Well there never really was an episode for it, but Ash touched upon it briefly in the episode where Staravia evolved into Staraptor, reminding Paul of how it started out as a Starly that he was able to easily defeat in battle, but now as a Staraptor it managed to beat Honchkrow in the Pokeringer contest. Paul obviously didn't react to it much and just left but he got the message.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:54 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Sceptile - Lapras / Scraggy - Buizel

Sceptile's…Sceptile. I liked him, even after he evolved, and even after I stopped watching.

Lapras is one of Ash's forgotten catches (literally) that was put on the bus too quickly. Like Pidgeot after she evolved. But...Lapras was only around for one reason in the first place...

Scraggy and Buizel, compared to what it's whittling down to, are just…meh.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:22 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Gible-Bayleef/Pikachu-Charizard
I like Pokemon who tend to hit, blast or generally cause problems to Ash./Although Charizard and Pikachu have both fried/roasted Ash at some point, I don't like the fact that Charizard is unbeatable and I HATE the yellow rat with a passion, especially since my brother transformed into a Pikachu in PMD Red Rescue Team

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:25 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

:frustrated: Nobody gets me. I don't like Sceptiles, but I think Grovyle is the most bada**est Pokemon ever.

Well, I shouldn't say nobody.

{squirtle} {charizard} / Scraggy {pidgeot}

Already said

Already

I never cared that much for Pidgeot. She was one of the first, but other than that...

Meh...

XD Yup...

Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:51 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Alright I've tallied the votes and this is what we have

Immunity: 1 Charizard 1 Squirtle 1 Pidgeot 1 Lapras 1 Bayleef 2 Sceptile 1 Swellow 2 Staraptor 1 Gible 1 Leavanny
Elimination: 1 Charizard 1 Pikachu 1 Pidgeot 1 Donphan 1 Larvitar 1 Sceptile 1 Infernape 1 Buizel 2 Gible 2 Scraggy

Between both ends of the spectrum, only 4 Pokemon got more than 1 vote so that made things easy. Sceptile and Staraptor win immunity but Gible and Scraggy are eliminated. Since Gible got an immunity vote, Scraggy gets a lower placement. So 25th place goes to Scraggy and 24th place goes to Gible. Let's take a look at the Pokemon eliminated so far
41st: Pignite 40th: Muk 39th: Glalie 38th: Haunter 37th: Ambipom 36th: Tauros 35th: Primeape 34th: Gliscor 33rd: Torkoal 32nd: Palpitoad 31st: Oshawott 30th: Unfezant 29th: Boldore 28th: Snivy 27th: Corphish 26th: Heracross 25th: Scraggy 24th: Gible

Sceptile and Staraptor are immune in the final 23. The following 21 Pokemon are your options
{bayleef}
{buizel}
{bulbasaur}
{butterfree}
{charizard}
{donphan}
{infernape}
{kingler}
Krookodile
{lapras}
{larvitar}
Leavanny
{noctowl}
{pidgeot}
{pikachu}
{quilava}
{snorlax}
{squirtle}
{swellow}
{torterra}
{totodile}
Vote 2 Pokemon to win immunity and 2 Pokemon to be eliminated and state your reasons supporting your votes. Thank you to everyone who's participating in this! Please keep participating! I'll try to end this round before Halloween

Immunity: Pikachu and Squirtle. Both some of Ash's first Pokemon and so many countless good memories involving these two great Pokemon.
Elimination: Larvitar and Swellow. I'm shocked Larvitar is still in. Larvitar just needs to go. Like now. And Swellow, some good moments with that Pokemon, like the 6th and 7th gyms, but it's really getting down to tough votes now and Swellow's definitely not one of my favorites so I'm cool with Swellow going.

Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:21 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Pikachu - Charizard / Larvitar - Noctowl

Of all of the pokemon here, Pikachu is one of the ones that absolutely deserves to be at the top, if not number one, then defiantly in the top five. We just have to make sure he gets there. Charizard is similar.

I…can agree with you on the Larvitar sentiment, I suppose. I was quite disappointed when he released another great pokemon, which, at the time, was what it was for me, regardless that he had the larvitar with him for a reason. Noctowl…is one of the pokemon that I completely forgot about after he left for Hoenn, and I don't think it's seen a battle since...although I could be wrong.

Last edited by Kiga on Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:16 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Leavanny - Pikachu / Donphan - Larvitar

I always vote for him. - Ash minus Pikachu = NOTHING. / Still liked better as Phanpy, I'll be nice to Sceptile for now. - He was cute, but never really did much...

Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:15 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

{pidgeot} {swellow} / leavanny buizel
Birdies are awesome / I don't even know this pokemon - I don't like it.

Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next