Poll ended at Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:00 pm
Bulbasaur 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
Charizard 75%  75%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 8

Ash's Pokemon Competition 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

{torterra} {noctowl} / {infernape} {staraptor}

I have arrived to save Torterra for obvious reasons. And Noctowl's kind of cool too, I guess. / Neither are really favorites of mine.

Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:48 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Torterra-Lapras/Charizard-Infernape
I used Torterra in Pearl-Lapras is really nice and added a special tone to the show./Charizard is for die-hard fanboys-I hate this monkey. Ook ook.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:28 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Another round concludes and here's the results
Immunity: 2 Charizard 1 Squirtle 1 Lapras 2 Bayleef 1 Totodile 2 Noctowl 2 Torterra 3 Infernape
Elimination: 1 Charizard 1 Snorlax 1 Quilava 1 Noctowl 2 Torterra 3 Infernape 5 Staraptor

Ok so obviously Staraptor is the first one eliminated. That leaves Torterra and Infernape. I've decided that Infernape stays for receiving 1 more immunity vote than Torterra. However since Charizard, Bayleef, and Noctowl were the only Pokemon to get more than 1 vote and have a positive vote difference, each of them win immunity this round. So anyway, that's all for Staraptor and Torterra who are now eliminated. Not a good round for Sinnoh. Staraptor gets 15th and Torterra gets 14th place.

So Charizard, Bayleef, and Noctowl are safe and are guaranteed to be in the final 11. You have 10 Pokemon to choose from this round
{butterfree}
{bulbasaur}
{infernape}
Krookodile
{lapras}
{pikachu}
{quilava}
{snorlax}
{squirtle}
{totodile}
Final 13
7 Kanto: Bulbasaur, Charizard, Squirtle, Butterfree, Pikachu, Lapras, Snorlax
4 Johto: Bayleef, Quilava, Totodile, Noctowl
1 Sinnoh: Infernape
1 Unova: Krookodile

Vote for 2 Pokemon to be immune and 2 Pokemon to be eliminated. Explain your votes. Hopefully everyone who voted last round can also vote this round within the next few days.

Immunity: Squirtle and Infernape. Two very cool Pokemon that I've grown to like and I hope can stick around a little longer at least.
Elimination: Butterfree and Quilava. Both of them are cool and deserved to get this far but they're not my favorites, especially compared to what else is left.

Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:09 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Lapras Butterfree / Infernape Krookodile
All obvious reasons :) (I mean really obvious)
Lapras is epic, also is Butterfree / I hate monkeys and this reptile looks really weird, prefer its 1st evo.

Last edited by GhostPony750 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:17 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Pikachu - Infernape / Lapras - Krookodile

Kill in second place. - Keep him alive! I like Infernape, and not nessesarily just this one. / Meh. These two can take a hike at this point. Still here only because no one bothered to vote for the either way.

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:28 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Krookodile {squirtle} / {snorlax} {quilava}

UNOVA MUST LIVE!
Awesomeness.
I don't really like Snorlax...
It has gotten to the point where I'm voting randomly. Quilava is just meh. Not cool, but not horrible either. Just... meh.

XD Yup...

Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:26 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Pikachu - Infernape / Krookodile - Lapras

I've stated my reasons for these two.

Lapras, Krookodile, I'm sorry, but it's getting down to the nitty-gritty, and someone has to go. I already have a rough estimate of what I'd like to see in the final list, and you two just aren't that high.

Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:20 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Lapras - Quilava / Krookodile - Infernape

I like it - I like it / Never heard of it - Meh.

Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:34 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Ok if you're STILL saying you've never heard of a Generation 5 Pokemon, you need to look at a pokedex ASAP because newsflash, it's Generation 6 now.

Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:18 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I haven't played a pokemon game since Gen 4, and even then i don't know most of the gen 4 Pokemon. I don't know anything at all about 5 and 6.

Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:42 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm just saying dude. If you're keeping up with Pokemon forums it's helpful to be up-to-date on Pokemon current events and such. But that's easier said than done when you have other things going on in your life, so I understand.

Anyway let's check the votes
Immunity: 2 Squirtle 1 Butterfree 2 Pikachu 2 Lapras 1 Quilava 3 Infernape 1 Krookodile
Elimination: 1 Butterfree 2 Lapras 1 Snorlax 2 Quilava 2 Infernape 4 Krookodile

For elimination it's pretty simple. Lapras, Quilava, Infernape, and Krookodile were the highest vote receives, but each of them got immunity votes as well. Lapras has a 0 vote difference, Quilava -1, Infernape +1, and Krookodile -3. So that means Quilava and Krookodile are eliminated due to their negative differences.

As for immunity, that leaves Squirtle, Pikachu, and Infernape. Since Infernape's vote difference was +1 and Squirtle and Pikachu got 2 immunity votes and no elimination votes, Squirtle and Pikachu are immune!

So with that it's time to say goodbye to Quilava and Krookodile. Krookodile, the last Unova Pokemon standing, gets 13th place. Quilava gets 12th place. 11 Pokemon remain. Let's recap all the Pokemon that have been eliminated so far.

41st: Pignite 40th: Muk 39th: Glalie 38th: Haunter 37th: Ambipom 36th: Tauros 35th: Primeape 34th: Gliscor 33rd: Torkoal 32nd: Palpitoad 31st: Oshawott 30th: Unfezant 29th: Boldore 28th: Snivy 27th: Corphish 26th: Heracross 25th: Scraggy 24th: Gible 23rd: Larvitar 22nd: Leavanny 21st: Swellow 20th: Sceptile 19th: Pidgeot 18th: Buizel 17th: Kingler 16th: Donphan 15th: Staraptor 14th: Torterra 13th: Krookodile 12th: Quilava

With immunity, Pikachu and Squirtle have confirmed their spots in the single digits! They cannot receive votes this round. This is the last round where you will vote for 2 immune and 2 elimination. Once we get to the final 9, it's single voting.

Final 11
7 Kanto: Bulbasaur, Charizard, Squirtle, Butterfree, Pikachu, Lapras, Snorlax
3 Johto: Bayleef, Totodile, Noctowl

These are your options for voting
{bayleef}
{bulbasaur}
{butterfree}
{charizard}
{infernape}
{lapras}
{noctowl}
{snorlax}
{totodile}

Alright get voting! :)

My votes
Immunity: Charizard and Infernape: I just think they could use the votes. I know Charizard can be a topic of criticism and Infernape's an easy target being the last Sinnoh (and last Gen 3-5 Pokemon) left but all things considered I think they both deserve to go farther.
Elimination: Butterfree and Lapras: I know both of them had legit reasons for being released and I might look like a jerk for voting them, but they've gotten pretty far and I wouldn't mind seeing the final 9 be made up entirely of Pokemon Ash can still use. Sorry.

Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:11 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Infernape - Noctowl / Snorlax - Lapras

Save him! He's my favorite out of the ones left! - That's a DUH, I suppose. / Meh. Does almost nothing, and got no votes at all, thus's it's only here because no one cared a dime about it. - Well... it was nice at the Orange Islands, but doesn't do much otherwise. Same as Snor.

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:30 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Charizard - Infernape / Lapras - Snorlax

I agree with vaporterra's reasoning for these two, not that I haven't spend the last several rounds involving them in my votes already.

When I go back to the Orange Islands, all I can see Lapras being is a utility pokemon. Sure, she had her place in a few battles, but for the most part, she was transport. Caught on the first episode needed, released on the last. She was an HM Slave. At least, that's what I remember of her.

Snorlax, he was a hard vote for me to make. He's actually one of Ash's stronger pokemon, but the only reason that he never got as much travel time as the others is that he just needs too much to sustain, which is a symptom of the species. But, someone has to go now. Has anyone read the fan fiction, "The Sun Soul"? on fanfiction.net? It's a take on what pokemon would be like in the real world, and it gives a description of Snorlax that has made me wary of it. I never really read the end of it, though.

Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:53 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Lapras - Noctowl / Infernape - Snorlax
Survive Lapras!!!1! and birdy / I hate this pokemon, one of my least favorite. He's a monkey and look awful. Snorlax doesn't have an appealing design.

Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:44 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

...Krookodile, you were always awesome to me...

{charizard} {infernape} / {snorlax} {lapras}

Self-explanatory...
I think Infernapes are kinda cool. :D
Meh...
Meh...

XD Yup...

Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:19 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Charizard - Bulbasaur / Snorlax - Butterfree
Self-explanatory.
Actually it's not but apparently everyone here is a mind reader. :P

Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:29 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Alright so here are the results of that round.
Immunity: 1 Bulbasaur 4 Charizard 1 Lapras 4 Infernape 2 Noctowl
Elimination: 2 Butterfree 4 Lapras 5 Snorlax 1 Infernape

Alright so no tiebreakers needed. The results are crystal clear. Charizard and Infernape won immunity. Lapras and Snorlax are out of the game. Since Snorlax had a -5 difference as opposed to Lapras's -3 difference, Lapras gets the higher ranking. 11th place for {snorlax} and 10th place for {lapras}

So now we are in the single digits!
5 Kanto Pokemon (Bulbasaur, Charizard, Squirtle, Pikachu, Butterfree)
3 Johto Pokemon (Bayleef, Totodile, Noctowl)
1 Sinnoh Pokemon (Infernape)

{charizard} and {infernape} are safe this round. From now on, you only vote for 1 Pokemon for immunity and 1 Pokemon for elimination
That means these 7 are your choices
{bayleef}
{bulbasaur}
{butterfree}
{noctowl}
{pikachu}
{squirtle}
{totodile}

Alright so get voting!

My vote
Immunity: Bayleef. Often underappreciated by trainers who viewed Ash's original team or some more recent powerhouses like Torterra or Infernape Ash's best Pokemon, but had a lot of good moments and a lot of character development. Definitely deserves to make it a bit farther at least.
Elimination: Butterfree. Like I said before, I think at this point only Ash's Pokemon that are still at his disposal should stay. You had a few good episodes but the same can be said about the rest of the Pokemon left. You were Ash's first catch though, you'll always be that.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:06 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Bulbasaur/Butterfree
Bulbasaur was one of my fovorites when I was younger./Ash had a Buterfree? Seriously?

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Last edited by ChillBill on Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:54 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

{squirtle} / {butterfree}

Self explanatory. Squirtle is awesome.

Meh. Not my favorite.

XD Yup...

Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:14 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

bayleef / butterfree
vaporterra had pretty good reasons.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:53 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

{noctowl} / {butterfree}
Le last birdy - It was only here for a short time. I hope it will eventually come back to save Ash or something.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:14 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Immunity: 1 Bulbasaur 1 Squirtle 2 Bayleef 1 Noctowl
Elimination: 5 Butterfree

The numbers work out just well and the writing's on the wall. Bayleef earns immunity while it's Bye Bye Butterfree (exactly like the episode where Butterfree was released). {butterfree} gets 9th place in this competition.

We're down to the final 8!
4 Kanto: Bulbasaur, Charizard, Squirtle, Pikachu
3 Johto: Bayleef, Totodile, Noctowl

{bayleef} is immune so we know we can expect her to make it to the final 7. Now vote for 1 of these Pokemon for immunity and 1 to be the next eliminated:

{bulbasaur}
{charizard}
{infernape}
{noctowl}
{pikachu}
{squirtle}
{totodile}

Alright so once I get at least 5 or 6 votes or maybe after a few days, I'll end this current round. Get voting!

My votes
Immunity: Pikachu. Honestly I had trouble deciding this round so I felt I should give it to Pikachu, since Pikachu has been Ash's go-to-Pokemon for the longest time. Only a few more rounds will tell if I feel I want Pikachu to win this whole thing. Right now it's a possibility I'll be ok with but Ash's other remaining Pokemon are cool too.
Elimination: Noctowl. It was a tough choice but ultimately I feel like Noctowl is the least notable of Ash's Pokemon left despite its unique shiny coloring. Personally I feel like I'd rather see the other Pokemon stick around a little longer than Noctowl. I know at least one of you will disagree with me but that's just what I think.

Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:42 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Oh God... Tough immunity choice... And semi-easy elimination...

{charizard} / {bulbasaur}

Duh. Charizard= awesome!

Meh...

XD Yup...

Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:37 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Noctowl / Infernape
Le last birdy - I hate dis one.

Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:14 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I cried at the end of Bye-Bye Butterfree...

Pikachu - Noctowl

Right now, Pikachu needs to stay. On the other hand, Noctowl doesn't, at least, not when compared to the pokemon that are left. I might say Infernape, but he is one of Ash's more powerful pokemon, while Noctowl…isn't.

For the most part, the pokemon who are left form Ash's roots as a trainer today.

…that is, if the series wasn't basically reset with each region…but even then, this holds somewhat true.

Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next