It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Siege of Psypokia V2 - Round 1 is out! 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Prologue: The Beginning of the End

"It all started on a rather ordinary afternoon . Business was going about like usual, the castle had an air of excitement around it like it always did. But the sky had seemed to darken slightly, as if to signal the onset of a storm. Most saw it as nothing more than the chance of a downpour, although others perceived it as an omen of something worse to come. Sadly, they were right.

"Three days later, the sky still a dull gray, a messenger came bursting into the king's quarters with news that seemed too incredulous to believe. The very structure of the universe had been shattered into a million pieces. Rifts opened up all across the world containing entries to different universe, alternate realities. And out of some came a creeping darkness. No one quite knew who or what this darkness was. Even the wizened scholars of the Great Library of Wikipedia couldn't find any records of it in their ancient texts. The most massive of these rifts appeared right over the center of the Google Kingdom. Within a single day, the darkness had taken complete control over the entirety of the kingdom. It took but one day to fell the mightiest nation of the Internet. No one since has made contact in -or out- of the city. With an opposition like that, who was anyone to try and stop it?

"Over time, the dark forces slowly moved onwards, in an erratic fashion. It would demolish a region, and then suddenly disappear back into a rift, supposedly to take over parts of a different world, then suddenly reappear after days, weeks, months even, in a different spot, in a completely random pattern. As for its other targets in our world, Facebook City was subsequently destroyed, and the latest target of the darkness was the Reddit Islands. No one knew who would be the next to fall victim, and a state of fear passed over the Internet. And as if that wasn't bad enough, strange people and creatures were reported laying siege to towns and villages, and seemed to either be directly influenced by the darkness or working for it.

"Here at the Castle of Psypokes, things have been more hectic than normal. Refugees have been accepted into the castle, some of them escapees of alternate worlds, and the courtyards are now lined with rows of tents. The king, assisted by his council of mods, has ordered the recruitment of troops and the reinforcement of the walls and defenses. I've been put in charge of training these soldiers, on account of being a veteran of the Flame Wars. I expect that you'll all fight with the fury of a thousand suns when the time comes, for you'll not only be fighting for your lives, but for the lives of your husbands, wives, sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, neighbors, and for the entire kingdom of Psypokes! We don't know when or how soon you'll be asked to respond to this call, but when you are, I can guarantee you that we will not stop fighting until our last breath! We'll knock 'em dead! We'll send them running back to wherever they came from! We'll-"

"That'll be enough for now, General Patterson, sir," interrupted Colonel Twist. "I believe that our recruits are already well aware of the situations in which we find ourselves."

"Sorry about that," the general sheepishly grinned. "You know how carried away I get when I talk about my country. She's such a beauty..." he sighed.

"Yes, she certainly is, sir," Twist replied. "But for the moment, the recruits should be getting to their training drill, shouldn't they?"

"I almost forgot!" Patterson shouted. "I'll bring 'em to the field right away!" He motioned towards the stairs. "Let's go, we've got work to do!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And with that, welcome to a brand new, completely reworked, Siege of Psypokia! I've taken the previous edition of the game and changed it up, while keeping the core methods of gameplay. There are plenty of new game mechanics this time around, which are sure to make the game both more fun, and much harder! There is also a more clearly defined plot, which has all been planned out prior to the posting of this topic, so no more long unexpected delays while I figure out what I want to do for the next round. And now, I'll quit my praising of the game, and get down to actually explaining how it works.

Gameplay

Siege of Psypokia is played in rounds, in which waves of enemies will attack the Castle Psypokes. Players will have to defeat these enemies through attacks of their choice, which may or may not be successful. Players must sometimes employ different strategies to take down different types of enemies, or opponents that must be defeated in some certain way.

~The Castle of Psypokes~
The castle has 2000 HP in total, and if it ever drops to 0, then the game will be over, and everyone will have lost. Try not to let that happen, I'd like to see you all make it though to the end. The castle will be able to gain more maximum HP as time goes on, through different methods.

~Special Characters~
There will also be special characters, controlled by me, which will aid you in your defense. More will be gained as the story progresses, and each will have special strengths and abilities. If they reach 0 HP though... you won't get them back. They will either die, or be incapacitated for the rest of the game, so don't let that happen either!

~Players~
Now, players will have a set HP too, which will start off at 100. If a player ever reaches 0 HP, then they will be knocked out and will be unable to attack for the rest of the round. They will be revived after the round is complete and brought back to full health, and can continue to play in the next round. Anyone wishing to play must first create a character for themselves. This doesn't need to be a very in-depth process, just a few lines describing your appearance and strengths. You can simply play as yourself, or create a whole new character of your liking. It can be anything from a swordsman to a Yoshi to an alien to a soldier. Remember, all the worlds of the multiverse have crashed together, so anything is possible. After you create a character, I'll add your character to the roster along with a unique ability that will make your character stronger in some aspect. One prerequisite, however, is that the name must be your own forum name, however it can be shortened. For example, if I was to create a character, his name could just be Twist instead of the full twistedturtwig.

~Enemies~
Enemies come in many different shapes and sizes, and could be pretty much anything. Some will be original enemies of my own design, while others are recognizable baddies from popular video games. There will be a few distinct classes that most enemies will fall into.
1.) Melee enemies - These will mainly focus on attacking players and special characters, normally by physically hitting them.
2.) Siege enemies - These will mainly focus on attacking the castle, either through explosions or physical breaking of the walls.
3.) Ranged enemies - These have no main target, and will attack anything depending on the circumstances.
4.) Bosses - Bosses are a unique type of enemy that will appear at the end of each chapter. They'll employ deadly attacks against everything, and have massive HP amounts. They may be a single super strong enemy, or there might be multiple tough enemies. Regardless, each boss fight will test the skill of everyone involved, so make sure not to let your guard down!

~Attacking~
- Each player may only attack once per turn. After a few people have attacked, I will calculate the damage total and effect of each attack. Then, people may attack again if they already attacked last turn.
- You may use almost anything to attack, whether it be from a video game or movie, or just a generic action like swinging with a sword or shooting a gun. Make sure to describe exactly how you're attacking when you post, to avoid any confusion.
- Moves have a chance at missing, critically hitting, or completely backfiring. I will use a random number generator to determine this. Certain modifiers may be taken into account when calculating this.
- Summoning will NO LONGER be able to be performed through your regular attack. However, there will still be a way to summon allies available, just not through the previous method. A summon can be anything from a Charizard, to George Washington, to a robot. There can be a maximum of two summons per round, no more. Summons will have a set HP and attacks, and will attack on their own. If the round ends or a summon's HP drops to 0, then it will leave. Nothing can be summoned more than one during the game.
- Enemies will attack after all the player-aligned characters have attacked.
- Everything, including players, special characters, summons, and enemies have a chance to miss or hit, as explained above.

~End of the Round~
At the end of each round, after all of the enemies have been defeated, all player characters will have their HP completely restored to their maximum. The castle and all special characters will regain a set amount of HP, although it might not be enough to bring them back to full health. Everyone will receive a set amount of coins for participating in the fight. Then, everyone will be given three options to vote on for a reward for completing the round. This could range from items for everyone, to extra health for the castle, or an upgrade for a special character, and much more! Remember, the option that gets the most votes will be the only one you get, so think wisely before voting.

~Coins and the Shop~
There will be a monetary system in which players can earn coins by defeating enemies in battle. Whoever lands the final blow on an enemy will receive an amount of coins for defeating it, which will vary depending on how strong it is. This could lead to some friendly rivalry between characters to see who gets the reward, but don't get too carried away if your kill gets stolen. Additionally, at the end of a round, everyone will receive some coins for taking part. Coins can be used to purchase items in the shop, which will be available to players in-between rounds. The items bought there can be used during battle as a player's turn. More, stronger items will be unlocked in the shop for use as the story progresses. There will be opportunities to upgrade your character as well, increasing your HP total and possibly gaining a new ability along the way.

~Items~
Items may be bought from the shop using coins won during battle. The items purchased there have a variety of effects, from healing yourself, to doing damage to an enemy, to summoning an ally in to aid you in the battle. There is also the opportunity to spend your coins to upgrade your character to give yourself new advantages. this will be costly though, so save up those coins if you're looking to do so! More items will also be unlocked for purchase as you progress further through the game. During battle, players may choose to use an item from their inventory as their turn, so they won't be able to attack and use an item at the same time. Each player has three inventory spots, which are used to hold the items they're currently in possession of. You can only have a number of items up to the maximum amount of inventory spots you currently have, although this can be enlarged by upgrading your character. There might also be times when all players can donate coins for the research of a new technology or fortification for the castle. Once enough coins have been donated, everyone will be rewarded for their contributions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So that's about it for now! Signups are officially open, and I'll be taking any questions, suggestions, or comments regarding the rules. Once enough players have signed up, then I'll proceed with the "training drill," or practice round, where players will test out the game against simple enemies to get a feel for how it's played. Any players who want to join once the game has already commenced only need to post their character application in the thread and wait for confirmation from me before they can start. Once that's done though, feel free to immediately jump into the action! Good luck, and have fun!

Last edited by twistedturtwig on Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:37 am, edited 3 times in total.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:00 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Character Roster

Argonaut457 is...
Quote:
A multiverse traveler, Argo has been the hero of many of his own stories. He's saved kingdoms, planets, even galaxies in lands far off, that no member of Psypokia had ever heard of or discovered. After begin forcefully thrown, and trapped, into a universe he was unfamiliar with, Argo sought refuge at Castle Psypokia, where he offered to join the fight he knew nothing about in exchange for a bed. He is most skilled in traditional sword-and-sheild combat, however, due to the many universes he's traveled to, he's not completely useless with a gun, either.

Argo
HP: 100
Strengths: Swordplay, Shields
Ability: Shield-savvy - If targeted by a physical attack, there is a 25% chance that you will be able to deflect the attack with your shield.
Coins: 15
Inventory:
- Empty
- Empty
- Empty

SanguinaryScientist is...
Quote:
Sang is a normal person, untill him mother left his father a few years back. Since then he's been living with his stepdad. Now, before he lived with his stepdad he was the gaming type of person, Not very "Masculine" at all. Which would involve being skinny and bony. But that was a few years ago, it's been about 6 years since he first started living with his "Country bumpkin" Step father. So he is still skinny and bony, but can pull more that his own weight. He goes bow hunting and fishing whenever he can. (Sadly its is a compound bow). Sometimes he tries to use a gun, although he is a lousy shot. He has a fascination with knives and the ability to use some of them. Balisongs, switchblades, and general daggers are his specialty. He hasent gotten his hands on an actual long bladed weapon (Longer than 13 Inches).
Enough of the things he's good at
Sang is about 5'10", Short dark hair, and with "High" blood pressure his blood veins pop out of his skin often (Although he doesent know why), shoe size is 12&1/2 (No idea where im going with this), cuts and bruises on his legs becasue he wears shorts often (SHORTS, I LIKE SHORTS, THEY'RE EASY AND COMFY TO WEAR), He normally has a plain cotton T-shirt on, Wears two punching rings one on his right middle finger, and left thumb (If he needs to move his thumb ring to his left fingers he'll put his hands behind his back and move it, it fits all the same)questions about what he (I) would do in any situation or what else I can do just like PM me or something

Sang
Strengths: Knives, Punching
Ability: Outdoorsman - If you would be affected by a special condition (stun, poison, burn, etc.), there is a 75% chance that you will not be affected by it.
Coins: 0
Inventory:
- Health Potion
- Empty
- Empty

Eeveelution-Master is...
Quote:
Vee was raised by 9 foxes in a forest near Castle Psypokia.
The 9 foxes have been training him in the elements for 3 years, but he is not that good.
He is 13 and has quite good hunting skills.
He can communicate with animals and does not like humans very much.
The people of Castle Psypokia were cutting down the trees of the forest and Ee went to try and stop them.
Soon he was captured and was sent to Colonel Twist.
There he explained himself in very bad English, he new very little of the language.
Colonel Twist would spare his life and the rest of the forest if he helped in the war, someone who could communicate with animals could come in useful.
Vee agreed and went to the banquet hall, were two other warriors were sitting at the table.

Vee
Strengths: Hunting, Animals
Ability: Call of the Wild - Summons cost 75% less to buy.
Inventory:
- Empty
- Empty
- Empty

James86134 is...
Quote:
James was born a Sneasel (I couldn't resist). He was raised as a human in a small village. The village didnt seem to notice he was different, he was treated the same. As he grew older, he was bullied through school, his life threatened more then once a day. He became vengeful, but held down the anger. Once he reached his last day of school, he was humiliated and the rage exploded. He attacked a student and was exiled. For the rest of his life he was trained as a bandit by... Well, a bandit. His adult years were spent stealing, killing and interrogating people.

He became the age of 40 and stopped, realising the evil he had done in the last couple of decades. He looked to the rifts in the sky and wanted to help the last kingdom standing, so he arrived at the doorstep, not knowing what would happen.

James
Strengths: Knives, Theivery
Ability: Pickpocket - When you defeat an enemy, there is a 60% chance that you will receive double the amount of coins.
Coins:
Inventory:
- Empty
- Empty
- Empty

Wailord_2 is...
Quote:
Wailord is a centaur who is originally from Canada. He has been training as an archer since he was five years old. He recently finished his training and is now traveling all over teaching others archery. He stumbled upon Castle Psypokia while traveling and decided to stay. He is a skilled archer who has special fire arrows which can burn enemies. However, he is not very good at hand-to-hand combat and must attack from far away. Also, he has a bad sense of direction.

Wailord
Strengths: Archery, Range
Ability: Sagittarius - Archery-related attacks will not miss their target no matter what, and have a 5% chance of inducing a random effect.
Inventory:
- Empty
- Empty
- Empty

GhostPony750 is...
Quote:
Ghost is the only remaining dragon from his world, since his whole family have been killed by evil mutant radioactive potatoes. His mother hid him, still an egg, in a pile of feces. Because of all the radioactivity created by mashed potatoes on the ground, he was born albino, so he is white with red eyes.
He then learned to hunt alone.

One day, while flying, he spotted a delicious meal. He then chased him, until the meal fell down in a weird looking hole, levitating over the ground. He couldn't stop fast enough, and he entered in the hole.
He woke up in a mysterious world, really confused. He didn't knew this place at all.

After hours of flying all over the place, he spotted a castle, attacked by random things. He destroyed some of them, and agreed to help the people in the castle, along with the "Delicious Meal".

Technically, I can fly, and kill stuff with my tail and claws, but I still can't send flames all over the place, I'm too young.. but I can spit smoke.

Ghost
Strengths: Flight, Claws
Ability: Scale Armor - Projectile attacks do 60% less damage to you.
Coins: 35
Inventory:
- Empty
- Empty
- Empty

Dare234 is...
Quote:
Dare is an Asha'man. He was fighting the dark force in his own world when he was knocked into a rift by a stray explosion. When he figured out what had happened he sought out refuge, coming to Castle Psypokia. Hearing of their plight he figured that fighting the dark force would be the same in this world as in his world so he agreed to help.

Dare is particularly skilled in the use of Earth, Fire and Air. He has been extensively trained with swords. Unfortunately for Dare, he has become slightly insane.

Dare
Strengths: Elements, Swordplay
Ability: Military Training - Your attacks are guaranteed not to turn back on you, and your chances of missing are reduced.
Inventory:
- Empty
- Empty
- Empty

mudkip mistriss is...
mudkip mistriss wrote:
Mistriss lived with her father, Poseidon, god of the sea.
They were attacked during water magic practice by the dark forces and her father was taken from her.
He threw her his trident and told her to take refuge in Castle Pspokia with the mortals.

Mistriss is skilled with a trident and water magic.
She is a teenager and until she gets her father back she will speaks to no one.

Mistriss
Strengths: Water Magic, Tridents
Ability: Aqua Affinity - Being around water makes you stronger, and being attacked by it will restore your health.
Inventory:
- Empty
- Empty
- Empty

ChillBill is...
Quote:
Chill, a masterful swordsman and powerful warrior, he has fought in many worlds. An individual to the bone, he fights only for himself and what he considers to be right. He'll never hesitate to strike back if he feels he's been treated unfairly. Darkness, light, good and evil... none of these matter for Chill. The ends justify the means for him, especially in war.

Chill
HP: 150
Strengths: Swordplay
Ability: Machiavellan - Your HP is 1.5x the normal amount, even as it increases.
Inventory:
- Empty
- Empty
- Empty

Haunted Water is...
Quote:
Born within the confines of a Limbo-like place, he adapted and learned how to use his powers and strength. By the time he was 15, those who didn't fear the sound of the howling at Night, or the roar at High Noon, or didn't heed the screeching during Twilight simply had a deathwish. A true embodiment of power, his strength went unchecked, unmatched, and unchallenged. This struck fear into the heart of the Leader, and he had Blast thrown out of the dimension, and into another plane of existence.
This was a double-edged blade to Blast, who quickly assumed the alias "Haunted." Due to the differences in time, he had reverted back to age 12. However, he seemed to have the control of an abundant resource - water.
Four years after his exiling, the darkness descended upon the land. Haunted was quickly overwhelmed by the constant onslaught that was placed on YouTubeland. He was placed on the frontlines when he was taken from King's Isle, and he had to fight or die for a place he never knew. Many death machines from his original plane have been sent to kill him, and he needs to lend a hand to someone on this plane. So he headed to the Kingdom of Psypokia, and formed a plan...

Haunted ("Blast")
Strengths: Darkness, Water Magic
Ability: Prodigy - All of your attacks have a 15% chance of doing 1.5x the damage it normally would do.
Coins:
Inventory:
- Empty
- Empty
- Empty

DragoBoy is...
Quote:
Drago remembers nothing of his early life, if he even had an early life. The little of his life that he remembers is brief and confusing. His "existence", as he refers to it, began in a dark place with no light. Drago found himself alone in this place, with no idea where he came from. After the initial shock of existing wore off, Drago decided to explore his immediate environs. He discovered that this place had no boundaries and normal rules (such as gravity) did not apply there. Drago continued to explore, while pondering his existence.

One day holes began to appear in his world. He couldn't enter them but could see that inside there were strange symbols, which became more familiar to Drago as he looked at them. But still he could make no sense of what these "codes" meant.
The holes spread, until the whole of Drago's world was made up of these symbols.
The world began to develop boundaries and started shrinking. As this happened new holes appeared through which Drago saw many other lands. Strangely, he found that he knew a lot about these lands. He saw many battles in these lands, and he discovered that many of them shared a common enemy: monsters and nameless creatures which crawled out if a Darkness. He was upset whenever he saw this Darkness destroy a land.
As he watched these battles he found that he could name many of the weapons and combat maneuvers used in battle. But what interested him most of all was magic.
He began to practice an found that he had a natural talent for the art of spellcasting.

His world continued to shrink until it was the size of a small room. Drago had begun to panic as the world shrank, but sensed a pull coming from outside. The pull grew stronger, drawing him to somewhere unknown. knowing that his world was doomed, Drago trusted his instincts and decided to follow the pull. He willed a door to appear in the now small room, and too his delight it appeared. Without looking back he stepped through the doorway.

He stepped outside into a field. He would have taken time to enjoy the altogether new feelings of sunshine on his face and the wind through his hair, had it not been for the rumbling he heard coming from behind him. A vast shadow had enveloped the area behind him where the doorway had been. He turned around and ran. He spotted a castle in the distance, and it was only when he reached this castle that he stopped and turned around to see how far the Darkness had spread. Surprisingly it had not moved much at all.

"That, boy, is a Darkness that will destroy us all. That is, if we don't destroy it first." Drago turned around to see a general starring out at the Darkness. "Its forces will be upon us soon, the only question is: are you willing to fight?"
Drago thought of all the lands he had seen destroyed and how helpless he had felt.
"Yes, I will fight."

Drago
Strengths: Spellcasting, Tactics
Ability: Nowhere Man - There is a 10% chance that you will stun an enemy when you attack it, preventing it from attacking that turn.
Inventory:
- Empty
- Empty
- Empty

Different55 is...
Quote:
Diffy is a mischievous Spriggan who escaped onto the surface from the dungeons where he spent much of his life after they started collapsing. He doesn't have much experience with things on the surface but he knows how to run and how to stab things in the back when they aren't looking. He's had the same dagger for many years and doesn't plan on getting a new one any time soon.

Spriggans are small, fairy-like humanoids that are distantly related to Elves. They are terrible fighters and aren't very resilient physically, but they are very skilled at dodging attacks due to their small size and fast speed. They are terrible at destructive magic, but excellent at other forms such as hexes and conjurations. They are very good at moving quickly and silently; even faster than centaurs. Because of their tiny size, they don't need quite as much food as other races, but they are herbivorous and cannot eat meat. Their size also prevents them from wearing most armor, and they cannot wield large weapons such as battle axes, throwing nets, long bows, and clubs. Even some smaller weapons like staves, tridents, and long swords take two hands to use.

Diffy
Strengths: Daggers, Magic
Ability: Nimble - You have a 30% chance to dodge any projectile-based attacks.
Inventory:
- Empty
- Empty
- Empty

Last edited by twistedturtwig on Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:02 am, edited 11 times in total.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:01 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

The Shop

- Health Potion: restores 25 HP
Cost: 15 coins

- Elixir: Removes any and all status effects from you automatically
Cost: 10 coins

- Shield: Makes you immune to all attacks for two turns
Cost: 25 coins

- Bomb: Does a guaranteed 30 damage to an enemy
Cost: 15 coins

- Summoning Circle: allows you to summon an ally to aid in the battle
Cost: 30 coins

- Level Up: Gives your character more HP and other upgrades!
Cost: 100 coins

Last edited by twistedturtwig on Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:02 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

~Reserved for future use~

-Twist

Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

~Reserved for future use~

-Twist

Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: On Pilgramage, on this nice little planet called Earth. I don't think they've noticed me yet.
I'm in, for sure.

Character:

A multiverse traveler, Argo has been the hero of many of his own stories. He's saved kingdoms, planets, even galaxies in lands far off, that no member of Psypokia had ever heard of or discovered. After begin forcefully thrown, and trapped, into a universe he was unfamiliar with, Argo sought refuge at Castle Psypokia, where he offered to join the fight he knew nothing about in exchange for a bed. He is most skilled in traditional sword-and-sheild combat, however, due to the many universes he's traveled to, he's not completely useless with a gun, either.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:21 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Oh you know im in
Character - Sang (Litealy pronounced the past-tense of "Sing")
Sang is a normal person, untill him mother left his father a few years back. Since then he's been living with his stepdad. Now, before he lived with his stepdad he was the gaming type of person, Not very "Masculine" at all. Which would involve being skinny and bony. But that was a few years ago, it's been about 6 years since he first started living with his "Country bumpkin" Step father. So he is still skinny and bony, but can pull more that his own weight. He goes bow hunting and fishing whenever he can. (Sadly its is a compound bow). Sometimes he tries to use a gun, although he is a lousy shot. He has a fascination with knives and the ability to use some of them. Balisongs, switchblades, and general daggers are his specialty. He hasent gotten his hands on an actual long bladed weapon (Longer than 13 Inches).
Enough of the things he's good at
Sang is about 5'10", Short dark hair, and with "High" blood pressure his blood veins pop out of his skin often (Although he doesent know why), shoe size is 12&1/2 (No idea where im going with this), cuts and bruises on his legs becasue he wears shorts often (SHORTS, I LIKE SHORTS, THEY'RE EASY AND COMFY TO WEAR), He normally has a plain cotton T-shirt on, Wears two punching rings one on his right middle finger, and left thumb (If he needs to move his thumb ring to his left fingers he'll put his hands behind his back and move it, it fits all the same)

Yea describing myself was harder than I thought it would be
Have any questions about what he (I) would do in any situation or what else I can do just like PM me or something

Black Friend Code --- 5158 2229 2547

Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:02 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Both of you are accepted, and I'll add you into the player roster soon.

And just for anyone else singing up, your character bio doesn't have to be as long as Sanguinary's, all that's needed is a few sentences, although lots of details certainly aren't a bad thing!

Edit: Done and done.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:32 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

.........That was long?

I just wanted to describe myself as well as I could

Black Friend Code --- 5158 2229 2547

Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:35 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I'll play,
Character - Vee
Vee was raised by 9 foxes in a forest near Castle Psypokia.
The 9 foxes have been training him in the elements for 3 years, but he is not that good.
He is 13 and has quite good hunting skills.
He can communicate with animals and does not like humans very much.
The people of Castle Psypokia were cutting down the trees of the forest and Ee went to try and stop them.
Soon he was captured and was sent to Colonel Twist.
There he explained himself in very bad English, he new very little of the language.
King Twist would spare his life and the rest of the forest if he helped in the war, someone who could communicate with animals could come in useful.
Vee agreed and went to the banquet hall, were two other warriors were sitting at the table.

Thought I'd write a little prologue for my character, sorry if it was to much.

Last edited by Eeveelution-Master on Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:53 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
Character Name - James

James was raised a Sneasel (I couldn't resist). He was raised as a human in a small village. The village didnt seem to notice he was different, he was treated the same. As he grew older, he was bullied through school, his life threatened more then once a day. He became vengeful, but held down the anger. Once he reached his last day of school, he was humiliated and the rage exploded. He attacked a student and was exiled. For the rest of his life he was trained as a bandit by... Well, a bandit. His adult years were spent stealing, killing and interrogating people.

He became the age of 40 and stopped, realising the evil he had done in the last couple of decades. He looked to the rifts in the sky and wanted to help the last kingdom standing, so he arrived at the doorstep, not knowing what would happen.

-----

Short enough? Anyway, my characters basically a bandit: Good with shivs, daggers, knives, blades in general, speed, agility, and stealing coins from the rest of you guys... Come on, just some friendly competition?

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:31 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Both accepted, although James, you may not steal coins from other people, and EM, the name Ee is a little bit awkward to use. Would it be alright to just go with Eevee instead?

Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:32 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'd like to participate too.
Character name: Wailord
Description: Wailord is a centaur who is originally from Canada. He has been training as an archer since he was five years old. He recently finished his training and is now traveling all over teaching others archery. He stumbled upon Castle Psypokia while traveling and decided to stay. He is a skilled archer who has special fire arrows which can burn enemies. However, he is not very good at hand-to-hand combat and must attack from far away. Also, he has a bad sense of direction.

Also, if for whatever reason its not okay for me to be a centaur then my character will be a human.

3DS FC (Pokemon X) 2595-0552-0873

Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:08 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Character name: Ghost

Ghost is the only remaining dragon from his world, since his whole family have been killed by evil mutant radioactive potatoes. His mother hid him, still an egg, in a pile of feces. Because of all the radioactivity created by mashed potatoes on the ground, he was born albino, so he is white with red eyes.
He then learned to hunt alone.

One day, while flying, he spotted a delicious meal. He then chased him, until the meal fell down in a weird looking hole, levitating over the ground. He couldn't stop fast enough, and he entered in the hole.
He woke up in a mysterious world, really confused. He didn't knew this place at all.

After hours of flying all over the place, he spotted a castle, attacked by random things. He destroyed some of them, and agreed to help the people in the castle, along with the "Delicious Meal".

Technically, I can fly, and kill stuff with my tail and claws, but I still can't send flames all over the place, I'm too young.. but I can spit smoke.

~Guess who's the "Delicious Meal" :mrgreen:

Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:28 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
Twist pshht, i know that. What you don't know is that Ill steal them while you sleep.

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:12 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Is it okay if my name is Vee, as I would like to avoid the name of a Pokémon.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:14 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Character Name: Dare

Dare is an Asha'man. He was fighting the dark force in his own world when he was knocked into a rift by a stray explosion. When he figured out what had happened he sought out refuge, coming to Castle Psypokia. Hearing of their plight he figured that fighting the dark force would be the same in this world as in his world so he agreed to help.

Dare is particularly skilled in the use of Earth, Fire and Air. He has been extensively trained with swords. Unfortunately for Dare, he has become slightly insane.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:20 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

reserving spot for sign up.
Won't be on until Monday. Have family coming in tonight, a memorial service tomorrow, grad party on Saturday, and my grandpa's birthday on Sunday, so I'm basically tied down.

Goodbye
"

Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:21 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Vee is perfectly good EM. And everyone else who applied is accepted as well. I'll work on adding everyone to the player roster.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:58 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Character - Mistriss
Mistriss lived with her father, Poseidon, god of the sea.
They were attacked during water magic practice by the dark forces and her father was taken from her.
He threw her his trident and told her to take refuge in Castle Pspokia with the mortals.

Mistriss is skilled with a trident and water magic.
She is a teenager and until she gets her father back she will speaks to no one.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:47 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Then I'll be...

Chill, a masterful swordsman and powerful warrior, he has fought in many worlds. An individual to the bone, he fights only for himself and what he considers to be right. He'll never hesitate to strike back if he feels he's been treated unfairly. Darkness, light, good and evil... none of these matter for Chill. The ends justify the means for him, especially in war.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:30 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Both accepted.

And mudkip mistriss, just to clarify, is your character supposed to be a mermaid, or just a demigod sort of person?

Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:53 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

My character is a demigod, not a mermaid.

Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:52 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

An jet black spiked autronach was marching toward the party, when out of nowhere, a... Human..? Appeared. With a roar, the figure outstretched his hand, and the autronach became solidified in ice. The figure formed a fist, and threw the fist down. The autronach was instantly destroyed by the ice.
The figure approached the castle. He was dressed in a pitch black hooded-cloak, with blood red chains holding it down. He wore padded clothes that were darkly colored, and adorned with muave-colored metal gauntlets and boots, with a Battle Axe sheathed on his back. It looked like it just got a new cleaning, eventhough it was evident the weapon is nearly as hold as him.
The figure lowered his hood to show his face, and gave his name and story.

Character - Haunted
Born within the confines of a Limbo-like place, he adapted and learned how to use his powers and strength. By the time he was 15, those who didn't fear the sound of the howling at Night, or the roar at High Noon, or didn't heed the screeching during Twilight simply had a deathwish. A true embodiment of power, his strength went unchecked, unmatched, and unchallenged. This struck fear into the heart of the Leader, and he had Blast thrown out of the dimension, and into another plane of existence.
This was a double-edged blade to Blast, who quickly assumed the alias "Haunted." Due to the differences in time, he had reverted back to age 12. However, he seemed to have the control of an abundant resource - water.
Four years after his exiling, the darkness descended upon the land. Haunted was quickly overwhelmed by the constant onslaught that was placed on YouTubeland. He was placed on the frontlines when he was taken from King's Isle, and he had to fight or die for a place he never knew. Many death machines from his original plane have been sent to kill him, and he needs to lend a hand to someone on this plane. So he headed to the Kingdom of Psypokia, and formed a plan...

Goodbye
"

Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:57 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Quote:
Character: Drago
Drago remembers nothing of his early life, if he even had an early life. The little of his life that he remembers is brief and confusing. His "existence", as he refers to it, began in a dark place with no light. Drago found himself alone in this place, with no idea where he came from. After the initial shock of existing wore off, Drago decided to explore his immediate environs. He discovered that this place had no boundaries and normal rules (such as gravity) did not apply there. Drago continued to explore, while pondering his existence.

One day holes began to appear in his world. He couldn't enter them but could see that inside there were strange symbols, which became more familiar to Drago as he looked at them. But still he could make no sense of what these "codes" meant.
The holes spread, until the whole of Drago's world was made up of these symbols.
The world began to develop boundaries and started shrinking. As this happened new holes appeared through which Drago saw many other lands. Strangely, he found that he knew a lot about these lands. He saw many battles in these lands, and he discovered that many of them shared a common enemy: monsters and nameless creatures which crawled out if a Darkness. He was upset whenever he saw this Darkness destroy a land.
As he watched these battles he found that he could name many of the weapons and combat maneuvers used in battle. But what interested him most of all was magic.
He began to practice an found that he had a natural talent for the art of spellcasting.

His world continued to shrink until it was the size of a small room. Drago had begun to panic as the world shrank, but sensed a pull coming from outside. The pull grew stronger, drawing him to somewhere unknown. knowing that his world was doomed, Drago trusted his instincts and decided to follow the pull. He willed a door to appear in the now small room, and too his delight it appeared. Without looking back he stepped through the doorway.

He stepped outside into a field. He would have taken time to enjoy the altogether new feelings of sunshine on his face and the wind through his hair, had it not been for the rumbling he heard coming from behind him. A vast shadow had enveloped the area behind him where the doorway had been. He turned around and ran. He spotted a castle in the distance, and it was only when he reached this castle that he stopped and turned around to see how far the Darkness had spread. Surprisingly it had not moved much at all.

"That, boy, is a Darkness that will destroy us all. That is, if we don't destroy it first." Drago turned around to see a general starring out at the Darkness. "Its forces will be upon us soon, the only question is: are you willing to fight?"
Drago thought of all the lands he had seen destroyed and how helpless he had felt.
"Yes, I will fight."

tl;dr version: Drago was in a land of his own, world got destroyed, Drago went to Psypokia. Oh and he's a tactician who's good at magic, with good knowledge of weapons even if he's not very good at using them.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 98 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next