It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
 Psypoke awards 2012 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hey all,
A few years ago we had some forum awards given out that was a great read. I've decided that to celebrate the last year, which included the release of B2/W2, to have a semi recap thread in which the members of Psypoke choose the best moments of 2012!

Please Note: This is all in good fun. Everyone and everything is up for nomination so long as the events occurred in 2012. Please justify your answers with reasons, and if anyone gets offended please PM me instead of starting arguments! Thanks!

1. Best Forum - Vote for your favourite forum, the one you posted most in, or the one you found most stimulating, or just the place you always check first with every visit.

2. Best Thread - Vote for your favourite thread (OP must have been started in 2012), and remember to provide a link! Note: RP/Fanfics do not count.

3. Best RP/Fanfic - Vote for your favourite RP or Fanfic, (OP must have been started in 2012), and remember to provide a link.

4. Best Artist - Who was the most creative artist in 2012?

5. Best staffer - Which staff member made the forums run smoothly for you? This can be anyone with a coloured screen handle, and also includes Mektar/goldenquagsire. Try to nominate those who made an impact on you specifically in 2012.

6. Best non-staffer (aka MEMBER OF THE YEAR) - Who was an all rounder member that everyone else should aspire to look up to?

7. Most helpful/nicest - For that helpful guy who's always patient with the newbies and who you can always count on for complements when you're fishing! All members are up for this award, including staffers.

8. Best new member - Who is the most promising new member? Who can we predict will eventually be a regular and continue to contribute? Votes must only go towards members who joined in 2012.

9. Best IRC quote - If you hang out in the Psypoke chatroom, which person or quote made you laugh in real life? Once again please limit quotes to 2012.

10. Wittiest member - Which member always posted the best one liners or the posts which were so clever you had to read over once more?

11. Most active - Over the course of 2012, who really made the forums come to life? Who could you count on to reply to your questions?

12. Best Pokemon fan - And being a Pokemon forum.. Which member was always speculating on the new games, discussing the anime, rating new teams and was just flat out knowledgeable on Pokemon matters?

How it works:
Pretty much, you vote for what you think is the best, and before the month ends I will tally the votes and announce the winners. There won't be any nominations because otherwise the process will take too long, but I think with the forum the size it is it shouldn't be too expansive in choice options. As thus I would appreciate it if troll or ironic votes be kept to a minimum. You do not have to vote in every category, and you can change your vote as many times as you like. You can vote for yourself.. but I would prefer not.

I'll be making progress counters once every few days just so you can see who's in the leaderboard too. I'll do my own votes a bit later.

Just remember the whole entire point of the thread is to look back on the past year on the forums and to remember the classic moments. The popularity part is just an added bonus so please don't get offended if you're overlooked for some categories. If anything these will represent the views of the individual so don't take everything seriously.

Have fun!

Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:01 am
Profile WWW
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
Although i only joined towards the end of the year i can still vote right? My votes. I'm not voting in all of them.

1. The KANTO safari Zone.
Always has fun games that you can contribute too.

2. Conflicted about Werewolf 18 and Siege of Psypokia. I'm going to go with GofD's idea for the next generation (ongoing) in the Pokemon Center. His ideas are very interesting and I like reading about them.

7. IMO, it would be GP for helping me in the first few days

10. Wittiest member... Who could that be? I vote for Samurott. Have no idea why, actually confusing me a little bit on why. His sarcasm just makes me laugh at times.

12. The maniac. Psypoke Maniac DNA.

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:09 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

1. Ecruteak. Eventhough I didn't get involved in RPing until late February, I consider that place my most favorite forum. I am completely fine with saying that regulars treat each other practically like friends, and the modding staff is amazing.
2. Don't know.
3. So difficult. I'll go with Midnight (ChillBill has a link to it). In terms of badassery, Recluse and PokeTrigger come to mind. In terms of fun and easy to follow, Paradise Lost and Midnight. I'm going to go with Midnight.
4. Can't say.
5. Crunchy. He was practically the only staffer I never felt angry at throughout the year, and was, and still is, a nice guy. Kurushel and JsXtm followed in a close 2nd, with Frost following in third.
6. DNA. He never breaks rules, he is very knowledgeable, and if I don't vote for him, he'll probably make sure I fail in grammar for the rest of my life. My english grades will be terrible!
7. Samurott. I generally try to be nice to newbies, and usually I am. When GP was new, I remembered fuming over how I was having difficulty reading his posts (before I PMed him and learned that english was a second language).
8. ChillBill If only I joined 2 weeks later! Gah!
9. DNA. Before this year's jeopardy started, we were waiting for CG to start the game, and... Well, here's what I remember happening.
<Cherrygrove> I randomly chose who will pick the first question. EvilPenguin, you can pick first.
<DNA> Randomly my ass.
10. Skeleton. lol I must say, he is one of the most quick-witted and humorous people I know.
11. Samurott. My posting usually doesn't go unnoticed, and I do generate a lot of responses imo. And trust me, I kind of get excited when I see that there are unread posts.
12. Can't say.

Goodbye
"

Last edited by Haunted Water on Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:46 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Sorry Samurott, but I can't accept your vote. I joined in 2011. I only began posting in 2012.

My votes:
1. Pokemon Stadium. Although it was't very active, having my thread really helped me.
2. Can't say.
3. Rebuild of Team Midnight. Crunchy's ideas make it really good, and the participants are friendly and willing to post.
4. Can't say.
5. Crunchy. Mostly because he didn't kick me out of his RP when I godmodded, but in general I think he is a responsible person.
6. DNA. No doubt. He is the Maniac.
7. DNA. He helped me at the beginning when I first started posting.
8. GhostPony750.
9. Can't say.
10. twistedturtwig. He is a masterful troll.
11. Samurott. He posted a lot, that's certain.
12. Can't say.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Last edited by ChillBill on Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:39 am
Profile WWW
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Some I'm certain about, others I'll have to think about. I'll edit this later

1. Best Forum - Saffron City. None really stood out this year. I guess Kanto Safari Zone is a close second due to Battle Royale.

2. Best Thread - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30143 DP's Battle Royale. DragonPhoenix put in a lot of work hosting a fun activity for the community. Well done.

3. Best RP/Fanfic - N/A

4. Best Artist - From what I've seen, imo Skeleton is by far the best artist here. Check out his thread and website: http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=28673

5. Best staffer - Need to think about it.

6. Best non-staffer (aka MEMBER OF THE YEAR) - Need to think about it.

7. Most helpful/nicest - Need to think about it.

8. Best new member - There were actually very few new members who made 25 posts or more but some don't visit anymore or only posted in trade threads. I guess I'll say GP since he is most active and will probably remain so. Perhaps Coliflowerz as an alternate but I guess he doesn't count since it's his second account.

9. Best IRC quote - Ugh I have thousands of hours of logs. Need to think about it.

10. Wittiest member - Skeleton. Just stood out as really funny and witty. I hope he hasn't left us forever :(

11. Most active - Need to think about it.

12. Best Pokemon fan - I'll say DNA since he did really well in the trivias, although I'm not sure if that just means he's the best at typing >_>.

The IRC quote Samurott was referring to was this, precisely:

<~CG> um, 'randomly' EP will pick first >_>
<DNA> randomly my ass
<EvilPenguin> :D

Last edited by Cherrygrove on Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:22 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

1. Ecruteak Theatre - The one forum that I will stop everything to check. If only Lilycove was more active...

2. No idea at this point

3. Rebuild of Team Midnight

4. As much as I want to vote for myself I have to say Skeleton.

5. Have to think about this one.

6. DNA for sure

7. No clue at this point

8. This is a tough one but I think I have to go with ChillBill, sorry GP

9. I don't frequent the chatroom

10. I'm not sure

11. Have to go with Samurott here

12. DNA again.

Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:03 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

1. Saffron City
2. Greatest Fears
3. Didn't noticed
4. Dare (I like your sprites :))
5. Frost (He's the most active since I'm on the forums.)
6. Samurott (Everywhere I go, he's there. Even under my chair!!! :shock: )
7. Samurott (Even if he have almost no patience, he kinda helped me in my first time on the forums. (Did I improved my grammar?))
8. GhostPony750 (Who else? :cry: )
9. I'm not in chatroom
10. Samurott (Your rank always make me laugh, and you are really funny, for some reasons.)
11. Chillbill (Comes out of nowhere and make more posts than me! xD (Oh, and my name is GhostPony750, not 220 ;)))
12. DNA (But I don't see you often)

Well, thanks everybody!!!
I learned my english with these nice forums. (but still don't know what "ugly" mean.)
Oh well, even if I created a rage-war on some threads, I'm still here, and will be for a long time!
I love this little community. It's not like on other forums where there's about 2 thousand people and you don't know anyone.
It's enjoyable here, and with Gen 6 arrival, the forums will revive! :D

Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:26 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ok I'll put in my votes too: :D (I'll do a write up recap for my reasonings when I tally the final scores)

1. Kanto Safari Zone
2. Venusaur viewtopic.php?f=50&t=29604
3. N/A
4. Skeleton
5. Crunchy
6. DNA
7. Crunchy
8. GhostPony750
9. N/A
10. Skeleton
11. Samurott
12. Frost

PROGRESS TALLY

Best Forum
2 - Kanto Safari Zone
2 - Ecruteak Theatre
2 - Saffron City
1 - Pokemon Stadium

Best Thread
1 - New ideas viewtopic.php?f=16&t=30858
1 - Battle Royale http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopi ... =3&t=30143
1 - Greatest Fears http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopi ... =1&t=30848
1 - Venusaur viewtopic.php?f=50&t=29604

Best RP/Fanfic
3 - Rebuild of Team Midnight http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopi ... 23&t=30786

Best Artist
3 - Skeleton
1 - Dare234

Best staffer
3 - Crunchy
1 - Frost

Best non-staffer (aka MEMBER OF THE YEAR)
4 - DNA
1 - Samurott

Most helpful/nicest
2 - Samurott
1 - GhostPony750
1 - DNA
1 - Crunchy

Best new member
4 - GhostPony750
1 - ChillBill

Best IRC quote
1 -
<DNA> randomly my ass

Wittiest member
3 - Skeleton
2 - Samurott
1 - twistedturtwig

Most active
4 - Samurott
1 - ChillBill

Best Pokemon fan
4 - DNA
1 - Frost

PS: Let me know if you edit your posts (because I can't keep track)

Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:44 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

1) Im gonna go with The Pokemon Center. I seem to be there alot now, I wonder WHY?

2) Well of course I'm gonna Vote for my own thread! http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=30858
I really enjoy Posting the ideas in my head, And enjoy seeing how everyone else enjoys them!

3)Don't Really go to the RP section.

4)Don't Really go to the artist section.

5)No idea

6)Immmm gonna say CrazyRazey. Just because he made the thread that lists all the Pokemon typing that hasn't been done yet.

7) More than one to name.

8)Im saying GhostPony. Cause thats the only person I know that is new.

9)me no go there

10) Frost. hands down, no competition.

11)N/A

12) the Whole dang lot of use. Cause I can. And did.

Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:58 am
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
Does everyone suddenly forget that I'm new?

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:10 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

James86134 wrote:
Does everyone suddenly forget that I'm new?

I was going to vote for you, because I think you're a great member who is always participating in topics and such & friendly as well, but the thread is reserved mainly for events that happened in 2012 (ie... Psypoke awards 2012). As the majority of your activity happened in the new year, I think more would be inclined to vote for someone else. ;) Not to say you aren't deserving though, the timing of events is probably a bit unfair to you.

Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:37 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Would we have to write speeches if we win any awards?

Goodbye
"

Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:43 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Alright, I figured I would get my votes in in case it ended too soon.

1. Best Forum- Kanto Safari Zone
2. Best Thread- Venusaur
3. Best RP/Fanfic- Well, I'm not sure if it counts, but Pure Shadows started only a few days before 2012, and most of the RP'ing was done during the new year. Am I able to vote for it?
4. Best Artist- Skeleton. His comic is awesome!
5. Best Staffer- Crunchy. He's nice, funny, and one of the best RP'ers around!
6. Best Non-Staffer- Hands down DNA, our resident open window forum maniac!
7. Nicest/Most Helpful- I'm actually going to say CherryGrove for this one, since pretty much all of his posts are helpful to other members, and are always worded politely.
8. Best New Member- ChillBill, although GhostPony comes in a very close second place!
9. Best IRC Quote- I'm not really active on the chat. :(
10. Wittiest Member- I'd have to be lying if I didn't vote for myself here.
11. Most Active- Hmm... This is a really hard one... I'm going to have to come back to it. (Loljk, Samurott gets my vote here for sure)
12. Best Pokemon Fan- GhostPony. If there's any one person on these forums that really loves Pokemon, it's gotta be him!

Edit: Thanks for pointing out that I missed one DragoGirl.

Last edited by twistedturtwig on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:33 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I believe you may have missed one, twist. There are 12 categories, not 11.
1. All glory to the floating Cleffa.
2. Can't say. I have missed a lot of times online, so I was rarely around to actually witness one.
3. See above.
4. Don't pay attention artists. Sorry.
5. Pelligargetic. Would've voted for Crunchy, but Pelligargetic's only post in 2012 was very friendly.
6. DNA. Should I explain?
7. This one is harsh; a tie. As in terms of friendliness, DNA. But who is nice? Samurott. Grr... Who to pick! Can we pick two people and give each .5 points?
8. GhostPony750- I would say me, but again, barely here and I'm not narcissitic. I picked Ghost because, eventhough there was a point in the year where I didn't like him, I kind of feel bad for being mean to him now. He's a nice person, so he should get this.
9. I have one, but... I don't kow if it'll count.
Samurott was isolated (by his parents) during the summer for a week, and I had to make sure he followed the rules one day. It ended up getting awkward when him and I were both on the chats, and our IPs matched.
The following line made me laugh because it confused the hell out of Samurott.
<cppchriscpp> Why is Samurott talking to himself?
10. DNA. Someone who I barely remember being active this year, Samurott, and a teenage troll. Hmm... Hard choices. I introduce new one?
11. Samurott. 1,500+ posts within one year. Let that sink in.
12. DNA. His knowledge of Pokemon = >9000

Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:32 am
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Remaining questions I had left unanswered:

5. Best staffer - In the past I'd say Sneaky Sneasel but he's not a valid choice any more :(. JsXtm, one of my favourite mods since I joined, gets my vote.

6. Best non-staffer (aka MEMBER OF THE YEAR) - I was going to remain undecided, but I'll just pick one of the 3 or 4 I was considering. DragonPhoenix. He really brought some life into the community this year.

7. Most helpful/nicest - For 2012, DNA gets this one. JsXtm as runner up. There are lots of nice folks here, actually.

9. Best IRC quote - Yeah, so of the funnier moments I could recall/find I can't say any particular one stood out. Just to put something, here are the very first moments of 2012 (EST):

<%Serpentsounds> [12:00:01am] <%Rhapsody> :(
<%Serpentsounds> first message of 2012
<%Serpentsounds> setting a bad pace >:O
<%Rhapsody> c:
<%Serpentsounds> ye that's better

11. Most active - Samurott.

By the way, ChillBill joined in 2011. I'd probably vote for him too, otherwise ;).

Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:21 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

PROGRESS TALLY

Best Forum
3 - Kanto Safari Zone
2 - Ecruteak Theatre
2 - Saffron City
1 - Pokemon Stadium
1 - Pokemon Centre
1 - All Glory..

Best Thread
2 - New ideas viewtopic.php?f=16&t=30858
2 - Venusaur viewtopic.php?f=50&t=29604
1 - Battle Royale http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopi ... =3&t=30143
1 - Greatest Fears http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopi ... =1&t=30848

Best RP/Fanfic
3 - Rebuild of Team Midnight http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopi ... 23&t=30786
1 - Pure Shadows (link)

Best Artist
4 - Skeleton
1 - Dare234

Best staffer
4 - Crunchy
1 - Frost
1 - pelligargetic
1 - JsXtm

Best non-staffer (aka MEMBER OF THE YEAR)
6 - DNA
1 - Samurott
1 - CrazyRazey
1 - DragonPhoenix

Most helpful/nicest
2 - Samurott
2 - DNA
1 - GhostPony750
1 - Crunchy
1 - Cherrygrove

Best new member
6 - GhostPony750
2 - ChillBill (Ineligible)

Best IRC quote
1 -
<DNA> randomly my ass
1 -
<cppchriscpp> Why is Samurott talking to himself?
1 -
<%Serpentsounds> [12:00:01am] <%Rhapsody> :(
<%Serpentsounds> first message of 2012
<%Serpentsounds> setting a bad pace >:O
<%Rhapsody> c:
<%Serpentsounds> ye that's better

Wittiest member
3 - Skeleton
2 - Samurott
2 - twistedturtwig
1 - Frost
1 - DNA

Most active
7 - Samurott
1 - ChillBill

Best Pokemon fan
5 - DNA
1 - Frost
1 - GhostPony750

Remember that voting closes at the end of the month so if you wanna contribute make sure they are in by then!

Questions:

Quote:
Would we have to write speeches if we win any awards?

Yeah great idea! I'm not going to chase anyone up on this but if you want to, just PM them to me if you want to! If you also want to put in your own commentary on any of the other categories that would be fine too. (this is open to everyone, not only just winners).

Quote:
3. Best RP/Fanfic- Well, I'm not sure if it counts, but Pure Shadows started only a few days before 2012, and most of the RP'ing was done during the new year. Am I able to vote for it?

That's alright, just remember to edit in a link (or... I'll go look for it myself it doesn't really matter) :P

Quote:
7. This one is harsh; a tie. As in terms of friendliness, DNA. But who is nice? Samurott. Grr... Who to pick! Can we pick two people and give each .5 points?

Unfortunately... no, just whole numbers will be accepted, otherwise it kinda overrides the legitimacy of a voting system. (+ might get too complex).

Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:46 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Best Forum: Kanto Safari Zone
Best Thread: Battle Royal
Best Artist: Skeleton
Most Active: Samurott
Best Pokémon Fan: DNA

I'll edit the rest in later, maybe.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:49 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

The votes closed I think...

Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:26 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ok here are the results! (part 1 of... ???)

BEST FORUM
2012 was a great year for forum activities, but congratulations to KANTO SAFARI ZONE which won with 4 votes! The forum had a few of my favourite threads which included The Mascot PEC hosted by Samurott, War of the Dragons, hosted by ShinyLucario as well as The Pokemon strategy game hosted by /vXv\. I hosted the Battle Royale which took up almost 6 months of my time, despite which was a huge success! The Siege of Psypokia was also started, although it's still currently in progress it definitely was one of my favourite threads started in 2012. Backfire and Who's that Pokemon was also good fun. Unfortunately Werewolf 18 was never finished, which was a shame because (for once) the villagers were almost close to winning. Here's hoping 2013 will provide more fun activities & competitions!

BEST THREAD
We got a 3 way tie folks! My complete idea for a new Gen (ongoing) by GofD took imagination to its extremes, envisioning a whole new region along with tiny little details that could also pass off as a slickly design by a professional. It even includes new Pokemon, moves, and plot so give it a read if you haven't! Venusaur on the other hand was dedicated to one of the best starters (aka all gen 1 + Typhlosion line= best starters) with great pics dedicated to him! And, I've mentioned it before, but Battle Royale also had a lot of community participation, my biggest fears whilst hosting was that people would start to drop out but it wasn't the case, going from strength to strength as the weeks went on. All the threads above polled 2 votes each.

BEST RP/FANFIC
And the winner is Rebuild of Team Midnight! Might be as no surprise to anyone, seeing as it is one of the most active threads on the forum, spanning 14 pages in as little as 3 months! As I'm not currently active in the RP forum, if someone else wanted to provide a small recap of what's going on in the thread, and who is participating in it that would be amazing!!

TO BE CONTINUED..... because i am tired.

Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:39 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Quote:
As I'm not currently active in the RP forum, if someone else wanted to provide a small recap of what's going on in the thread, and who is participating in it that would be amazing!!

Participating are Crunchy (Sarah, Axel, team psyche execs, Spence), SamurottBlast (Wolf, Root, David, Aaron), Saint_Jimmy (Jimmy, Alex), ChillBill (Gina, Bill), Dare234 (Silas), redt (Trevor, Green), and James86134 and shinashu are joining in the next act.
As for a recap, I can only say that **** got real. Maybe Crunchy could give a quick recap.

Goodbye
"

Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:31 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: On Pilgramage, on this nice little planet called Earth. I don't think they've noticed me yet.
Too late to cast a vote? Just wanted to make a point that twist's "Ladder Man" comment on one of the RP threads was great.

Wittiest memeber: twistedturtwig

Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]