It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 James' Pokémon Trivia - Round 2 - Normal Type Pile Up! 
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
JAMES' POKÉMON TRIVIA

So, since my next game will start a few months from now, I've decided to make a trivia game until then. This game will consist of 12 rounds, each lasting a week.

Each Round will have 10 questions. PM me the answer. One PM per round. Miss a question? Too late.

You will get 1 point per correct question. Each Round, one of the questions will be Double Time. This gives you two points if correct. Leaderboard will be updated every round.

This is open to everybody. You can join in Round 1, or join Round 9. Have fun. I will have a scoreboard.

It would be nice if you didn't use any sites to cheat off.

Since I can't offer a rank change or anything,

Top 3 Prizes:

1st Place: 125 Psybucks

2nd Place: 50 Psybucks

3rd Place: 25 Psybucks

ROUND 1 QUESTIONS

1. How many Pokemon were there as of RSE?

2. What is Weavile's Pokedex Number?

3. Name 5 Ice/Water type Pokémon.

4. Which Elite 4 member of Kanto went on to be Champion of Johto?

5. How do you obtain a Combee in Platinum?

6. Name the order in which you battle the gym leaders of Johto.

7. What does Youngster Joey say when he calls you over the Poképhone. (Even the slightest mistake will be penalised.)

8. What colour is Charizard when shiny?

9. What Pokémon does Wally first catch in Emerald?

10. What is the first flying type Pokémon obtainable in Emerald?

Again, I'd prefer if you didn't post the answers. PM. Each round will last one week. I will post the leaderboard after a week has passed. Good luck and have fun.

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Last edited by James86134 on Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:45 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
I will update this post with the scores. i may be wrong. as i get PM's i will mark each entry. i will also remark at the end of the week to make sure i got the scores right.

Two players already,

Round 1 Leaderboard

1st Place: Eeveelution Master - 7.5
Half a point in question 6. You also got the Double Time

2nd Place: Wailord_2 - 7.0
Did not get the Double Time

Neither of you got the last question right. Hoping it comes soon.

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:21 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

If I got the wrong answer in first pm for question 10, and then remembered and sent you another pm with the answer, is this ok?

Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:27 am
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

GhostPony: You got it wrong either way.
But No, i wont accept the second PM.

New Leaderboard:

1st: Eeveelution Master - 7.5
Double Time - Achieved

2nd: Wailord - 7.0
Double Time - Missed

3rd: GhostPony - 4.5
Double Time - Missed

TO make things clearer, in Question 1, its Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. Not Red/Blue/Yellow. good to see we have 3 people in 24 hours. These trivia comps dont get too much attention anyway.

No one has gotten Question 10 right yet. Give you a hint, its not Taillow or Wingull.

Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:58 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Oh well, I failed. xD
How is it not wingull? o_O

Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:06 am
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Wailord: Although you did get the right answer, only the first PM is right.

Players: I would like to address that, although, I was looking for one answer, Haunted did technically get the correct answer in 7. I may have said Poképhone. (Random guess). I meant Pokétech.

Leaderboard:

1st Place:
Dare234: 11 (Perfect Score)
Scored the Double Time

2nd Place:
Haunted Water: 10 (Hell if I know)
Scored the Double Time

3rd Place:
Twistedturtwig: 9
Only question wrong: Double Time

4th Place:
Eeveelution Master: 7.5

5th Place:
Wailord: 7.0

6th Place:
GhostBrony: 4.5

Glad I already have quite a few people playing.

To stop confusion:
• The top at the end of each round will NOT receive the Psybucks. Only at the end of all 12 rounds, will the top 3 get the prizes.
• Only the first PM is accepted
• The rounds will get progressively harder.
• I will announce the answers to each question at the end of each Round.

Also, great job to Dare, HW, Twisty and Wailord (although late) for figuring out Question 10.

Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:51 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Round 2!

1. What is the difference between Pikachu's NatDex number, and Pichu's NatDex number?

2. Name the cave sitting just outside Solaceon Town.

3. True or False: The S.S Anne comes back after a year like it says in the game. In Red and Blue.

4. Name 50 normal type pokemon (lots of typing.)

5. What is the first fighting type available in Pokemon Emerald? (Easy if you got the last one right.)

6. In which games does Prof. Oak introduce the player to the Pokemon world?

7. Name every type that has ever been apart of an elite 4.
E.g. (Main typings: As in Roxeanne uses Rock, to Flynn using ___?)

8. What was Krisp's username before it was Krisp?

9. Name all the pokemon used by gym leaders in Platinum.

10. Bide lasts how many turns?

Good luck. Threw in an easy one for fun :D.

PM me the answer. This round will be open a week.

Last edited by James86134 on Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:40 am
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Leaderboard:

1st Place:
Eeveelution Master - 12.5
You got five out of 11 this time. I'm sorry to say, but the 49 pokemon you typed up did not count. Also, gave you free point due to question 2 actually stating the answer. Its Solaceon Town folks.

2nd Place:
Dare234: 11

3rd Place:
Haunted Water: 10

4th Place:
Twistedturtwig: 9

5th Place:
Wailord: 7.0

6th Place:
GhostBrony: 4.5

Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:15 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Just a suggestion, but could you possibly post the answers when the round is over along with which one was double?

Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:30 am
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

ROUND 1 ANSWERS

ROUND 1 QUESTIONS

1. How many Pokemon were there as of RSE?

2. What is Weavile's Pokedex Number?
461. Daily Double. (I like Weavile. Hey, it's my trivia game.)

3. Name 5 Ice/Water type Pokémon.
Cloyster, Dewgong, Lapras, Spheal, Sealeo, Walrein

4. Which Elite 4 member of Kanto went on to be Champion of Johto?
Lance

5. How do you obtain a Combee in Platinum?
Slather Honey on a sweet smelling tree (didn't need to be too specific though)

6. Name the order in which you battle the gym leaders of Johto.
Falkner, Bugsy, Whitney, Morty, Chuck, Jasmine, Pryce, Clair
(Half a point for the types they used.)

7. What does Youngster Joey say when he calls you over the Poképhone. (Even the slightest mistake will be penalised.)
"My Rattata is in the top percentage of Rattata."

8. What colour is Charizard when shiny?
Black, accepted Gray.

9. What Pokémon does Wally first catch in Emerald?
Ralts

10. What is the first flying type Pokémon obtainable in Emerald?
Beautifly

Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:33 am
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Leaderboard

1st - Wailord - 18 - Got a perfect score in Round 2

2nd - Eeveelution Master - 12.5

3rd - Dare234 - 11

4th - Haunted - 10

5th - Twitedturtwig - 9

6th - GhostPony - 8.5

Sorry to say, GhostPony, that you only got 4 this time.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]